What happened to all of the old EPCOT Symbols

ciscobee

Original Poster
You know ... the ones that defined each pavillion in future world? Those were the best - SUPER COOL LOGOS!

Shouldn't WDW Bring those back into circulation and create some merchandise with those? I'll bet they would be a SMASH HIT!

IcicleM

It definetely would be great. They've sort of faded away, sadly. They could bring back The Land, and create a new symbol for The Seas With Nemo and Friends, and they have a symbol for Mission Space, and they sorta have a symbol for Test Track, and of course there's the symbol for Innoventions, and the Imagination Symbol might be changed since they're talking about changing the ride and everything else, and since Wonders of Life is permanently closed, we don't know what will replace that...

Saying IF it is to be replaced. Maybe it's going to get a new sponsor, and they're going to do a complete overhaul of the building, and redo everything about it, and actually have CURRENT technology in there that has to do with the body, such as technology that's being created for Cancer, and ways to help the body. I can imagine a pretty cool symbol for a NEW Wonders of Life. :)

IcicleM

Epcot Center and The Living Seas are my two favorite, haha. I just like the water. It's simple and pretty, and the Epcot Center symbol shows Spaceship Earth in the center, and then it connecting to the other areas. It's so symmetrical and unified. :)

Swamp Fox

I never knew World Key Information had a symbol until now. I always went to the booths along side guest services to speak to a CM on videoscreen to make my dining reservations during the week I was there. The booths are still there btw.

Swamp Fox

PaisleyMF

I always loved the Iconography of EPCOT Center. It was the best logo design I've seen, so simple, so elegant, and yet you got informed.

Now what nostalgia. I wish somebody did a Window or Mac OSX theme with the Logos

PaisleyMF

I never knew World Key Information had a symbol until now. I always went to the booths along side guest services to speak to a CM on videoscreen to make my dining reservations during the week I was there. The booths are still there btw.

Swamp Fox

The Booths are but not used for World Key Information. SHAME!!

I miss that virtual interaction. That where i find out Donald's Second name.... guess

Epcot82Guy

I don't know that THESE logos have to come back, but I do agree that the iconography of Epcot was great. I would love to see them evolve. I actually have a new set around somewhere that goes along with the new pavilions. The concepts in them actually make it quite easy. Test track is the black and yellow quad circle, Imagination has the winged lightbulb. The land has three terrain lines. Space has a partial blue sphere with a curved line with a small triangle at the end. UOE has the pylon with the central orb and circle. etc. The old ones were a bit esoteric (they were fun to figure out, but tough, especially as a kid). I think having ones that tie into the pavilion but still serve as a branding mechanism would be very cool. It is a nice way where each pavilion has a sense of "equivalence" in the place of Epcot as a whole (like a flag, I guess - same basic shape but unique content).

tigger1968

They look like retro.
I don't want Epcot to be retro.
Epcot is the opposite of retro.
Whatever that is.

On the contrary, I think they are anything but retro. I would love to see the symbols evolve and make a comeback, especially in light of the new attractions that have been added over time, but also I think they would enhance the notion that Epcot IS a look forward into the future in many respects. And let's face it......they're just plain COOL looking....:D

Captain Hank

Actually, the logos do show up from time to time. The Land logo is on the Living with the Land fastpass machines and covers. The Journey into Imagination logo is in the Figment's Place banner. The section of Innoventions West that leads to Character Connection has the CommuniCore logo in its carpet. The Horizons logo is in the middle of the gravity wheel in the queue, and on the register table in the gift shop. Recently, Test Track offered a leather jacket with a small World of Motion logo patch on it (no longer for sale). The Living Seas and the Universe of Energy still use their logos. And, finally, the Epcot logo is visible at the bottom of directional signs near the turnstyles and, of course, as the giant cement logo near the Fountain of Nations.

Buford

Actually, the logos do show up from time to time. The Land logo is on the Living with the Land fastpass machines and covers. The Journey into Imagination logo is in the Figment's Place banner. The section of Innoventions West that leads to Character Connection has the CommuniCore logo in its carpet. The Horizons logo is in the middle of the gravity wheel in the queue, and on the register table in the gift shop. Recently, Test Track offered a leather jacket with a small World of Motion logo patch on it (no longer for sale). The Living Seas and the Universe of Energy still use their logos. And, finally, the Epcot logo is visible at the bottom of directional signs near the turnstyles and, of course, as the giant cement logo near the Fountain of Nations.
I do not believe the LS uses its logo anymore, and UoE's is shown, where, in the mosaic? the last Land logos will be removed when LwtL goes under refurbishment to remove the Fastpass machines....

mufasa

I first went to Epcot in 1982 and back in the logo days Epcot FW was a concept with various aspects: land, motion, energy, etc., and this was reflected in the logos. It was like great music where the whole was greater than the sum of the parts.

Now Epcot is just a bunch of great attractions, with less cohesion. I agree with those who say Epcot needed to be updated but it's a shame they couldn't do it in a way that better reinforced that original unification.

Since1976

I loved those logos too, because they clearly distinguished the Future World pavilions from the World Showcase.

You really felt like Future World was a cohesive community rather than just a bunch of buildings with rides in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom