What happened to all of the old EPCOT Symbols

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
They look like retro.
I don't want Epcot to be retro.
Epcot is the opposite of retro.
Whatever that is.
:lol: before your time

yep. they would be concidered a classic now. i think a face lift on them would be nice to make them a little more futuristic, but still having the classic style.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I never knew World Key Information had a symbol until now. I always went to the booths along side guest services to speak to a CM on videoscreen to make my dining reservations during the week I was there. The booths are still there btw.

Swamp Fox

I remember doing this as well. It was cool.

Dragonrider1227

I'm not sure if they should OFFICIALLY use them again, but there's a nostalgia market in using the symbols on merhcnadise Disney could benifit from. But then, Disney has trouble marketing the Nostalgia thing.

DisneyDragon

You know you are a Disney nut when ....... :lol:

Yeah, yeah - I'm getting my next tattoo next week...and it's my avatar! Combining my two favourite things - Dragons and Mickey...

Took me forever to find that pic (I saw it on a shirt in AK for Asia)...didn't think to look at pins until recently!

Figment76

There's an apartment complex around here that's right by the waterfront that has a logo that's an exact replica of the old Living Seas logo.

Horizons1

I just love to hear talk about the logos. Here's hoping we see some merchandise with them for the 25th anniversary.

I posted this in another thread a few months ago, but maybe it'll interest some people here. These are some magnets I made out of round mirrors.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=19036

You are my hero animay :lol:

Anyways, heres some more versions of the old logos.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=2&ppuser=3400

I enjoyed the old logos when they were still in Epcot, its nice to find little traces of them left around the park, you just have to know where to look.

I use the logos for myself nowadays though, my binders for school have plastic film on the outside so you can slide in papers for a cover. On all of them I have the subject typed in the Prototype font with one of the logos underneath it. For example, English is JII, Enviormental Science is The Land, Physics is the WOM. Just nice little reminders of EPCOT Center

Captain Hank

I do not believe the LS uses its logo anymore, and UoE's is shown, where, in the mosaic? the last Land logos will be removed when LwtL goes under refurbishment to remove the Fastpass machines....
The Living Seas logo is featured on computer monitors throughout the exhibits, and on the Disney's Animal Programs costumes. The Universe of Energy logo is in the mosaic at the pavilion's entrance.

DigitalDisney

Even if they don't bring them back, they should still introduce new ones. Epcot is going through a massive revitalization right now, and this would be a perfect thing to include.

Most of the original logos could still work with the current version of Epcot. Communicore could work with Innoventions. Obviously the logos for WoL, Horizons, and WoM are obsolete. =/

Cmdr_Crimson

But there's a nostalgia market in using the symbols on merchandise Disney could benifit from. But then, Disney has trouble marketing the Nostalgia thing.

Ask and ye shall recieve! There was a pin event Last year that features all the logos of epcot and World Showcase http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=40930. You will also notice on the FW Logo's that WoL is not there.

Other than that they did sell a shirt with the Central Logo of Epcot on a Gray shirt with long black sleeves..Ever since I've gone I've been trying to look for it..but alas no luck...here's hoping more for the merch!:D

Edeyore

Yeah, yeah - I'm getting my next tattoo next week...and it's my avatar! Combining my two favourite things - Dragons and Mickey...

Took me forever to find that pic (I saw it on a shirt in AK for Asia)...didn't think to look at pins until recently!

I still have that tee shirt also. I love Disney/Asian items from AK and Epcot.

stingrock23

I'd love to see them come back for the anniversary. The only thing I've been able to find in my past few trips is a visor with the old epcot logo.

dxwwf3

:lol: before your time

So true :)

I'd love to see them come back for the anniversary. The only thing I've been able to find in my past few trips is a visor with the old epcot logo.

I'm with ya. I know I'd be spending quite a bit of money on Epcot merchandise if they did something like this. I already have the retro t-shirt they introduced a couple years ago.

BTW,
1057992820_m.gif

animay

Loving all the great downloads from this thread. I've never seen those wallpapers before. Plus, they got the colors right!

I have both of those pins that were linked to already, but this is the set I always regret not buying. The 15th anniversary collection. I'm really hoping they release another one with the 25th.

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=56

EpcotBoy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom