What exactly ARE the plans for Pleasure Island?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
True but those with an AP get 10% off their generic tat.

I still believe the rumor about the boutique bowling alley/pub/restaurant even though they are building a bowling alley nearby.

which would still leave it 52% more expensive than Walmart

A place called "Lucky Strike Lanes", an upscale bar/bowling alley was originally talked about with the last PI renovations, but it never happened. They have opened a few of these around the country, if you look at the careers tab it mentions that the company plans to expand to Orlando. Here is the link...

http://www.bowlluckystrike.com/

Check out the last thumbnail photo on the front page, there is a large "retro-Mickey" print on the wall.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
They're going to turn the whole thing into a giant playground and character greeting spot.

What?!? It worked for 20KL didn't it?

:lookaroun

BSikor

The Mexican restaurant will be next after T-Rex and I believe it will be at the old Rock N Roll beach club. I saw a bunch of kitchen equipment being moved in there as well as some construction workers just the other day.

donvincenzo

A place called "Lucky Strike Lanes", an upscale bar/bowling alley was originally talked about with the last PI renovations, but it never happened. They have opened a few of these around the country, if you look at the careers tab it mentions that the company plans to expand to Orlando. Here is the link...

http://www.bowlluckystrike.com/

Check out the last thumbnail photo on the front page, there is a large "retro-Mickey" print on the wall.

I've been to Lucky Strike Lanes in Boston, and it definitely isn't your average, plain, boring bowling alley. Should they ever put a bowling alley at DTD somewhere, it should either be completely decked out in Disney theming, or along the lines of Lucky Strike, because it is a really cool place.

And as far as the Mickey picture, I loved it. I was taking pictures of it with my phone. They also had a cool retro Donald picture...

I-4Warrior

Would sure be nice of them to give passholders entry to a proposed bowling establishment since they yanked away entry to a bunch of clubs. But since it'll be third party, there's no chance of it, is there. Fun!

MousDad

Isn't it confirmed that the new bowling alley is going in ESPN? Is it realistic to think one would go in DTD also?

JWG

This space needs to go to legitimate evening activity outside a park. Even day activity. We often arrive mid-morning or afternoon for a visit and won't waste park admission for the day. But would happily do something else such as bowling. We don't tend to go to the theater, sitting in the dark for 2 hours not engaged in family isn't how we normally spend a vacation. But we'd do other stuff. We've done minature golf, etc.

I think a bowling alley would be a great idea. Don't know the viability of it though. There are a list of things that could be done:
- bowling alley as mentioned
- Nascar simulator type location (for those of us who can't afford Petty!)
- Go-Kart tracks / Fun Zone type facility (bumper boats)
- Arcade / Dave & Buster's / GameWorks / Gillian's style restaurant

At any rate, entertainment value needs to return for things to do that aren't $40+ just to get in such as Disney Quest.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They were discontinued in 2006.

I thought it was a sponsorship deal. Not exactly family friendly.

And to save people from thinking Im reffering to those who follow an alternative lifestyle and the sudden on set of shock, Ill use the phrase tab in future when referring to cigarettes, even fewer letters.

DisneyMusician2

Exactly...this restaurant would be a totally INTERACTIVE way for the guests to be IMMERSED in the culture of Ancient Rome! :lol:

Just wait until you see the theming and realism of the new attached vomitorium...It'll be like NOTHING you've ever seen at a Disney park.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They were discontinued in 2006 by Brown & Williamson but it looks like they got picked up by British American Tobacco and R.J. Reynolds in 2007 who both currently market the brand.

majortom1981

Here on long island there is also 300 which is just like luck strike lanes.

If one of them comes to pleasure island i would do it atleast once every trip.

jt04

Here on long island there is also 300 which is just like luck strike lanes.

If one of them comes to pleasure island i would do it atleast once every trip.

I've seen on line photos of the "300" built across from Disneyland and it is unbelievable. Hopefully the one going to ESPN-land will be up to this standard. I don't think there is room for such a facility at DTD but a 12 to 16 lane club type facility would be very popular I think.

RiversideBunny

At this point there must be some overall plan for what was Pleasure Island, at least a preliminary one.
They may not have all the actual players signed on yet but there must be something that says, in block form, 'restaurant here' and 'shopping here', etc.

:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom