What exactly ARE the plans for Pleasure Island?

pfeigelm

Original Poster
Has it been officially written anywhere what Disney's plans are for the now-defunct area of Pleasure Island? I'm all for bringing back the Adventurer's Club. But if Disney has actually produced their plans, its a moot point. They're not going to reopen a Club in the middle of a .....what? Nuclear Power Plant, Ballet Studio, Farm of the Future, Very small water park, Disney Archive, Corn Maze, Cryogenic Human Storage Facility, History of Lint Museum, Uphill Bowling Lanes, Pleasure Island in Miniature Model with a Pleasure Island in Miniature Model with a Pleasure Island in Miniature Model with...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, I'd settle for a sketchy rumor at this point. :)
I think about the closest we have to a sketchy rumor is the new Latin restaurant that is on it's way to DTD will be taking up residency the the former Rock and Roll beach club.

bigcatholicj

I have heard that it may be turned into a theatre district type area were they move all the dinner shows like Hoop Dee Doo, etc and other things to create a family friendly nighttime area. The adventurers club could absolutely fit into this idea-and the sign isn't covered up yet to my knowledge!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh really, well I learned something today.

I had assumed they were going to cram some sort of platform by the PI marina.
From what I understand this is going to be a pretty big (size wise) thing and they are sticking it on that open spot of land between HoB and Cirque.

RiversideBunny

The last rumor item that I saw on here showed that PI would be turned into more resaturants and some shops.

One restaurant would be over the water partially. Another one would be a Dave N Busters.

:)

Merlin0402

Did they ever actually finish all of the stuff that was supposed to be done when they remodeled the area a few months back? I don't recall ever seeing pictures of the large dock that they were supposed to build for boats to and from the other areas of dtd...

Thurp

Another one would be a Dave N Busters.

I had heard rumors of a D&B coming to Orlando, however, are you sure it would go on property? Wouldn't it compete with DisneyQuest at some level?

It's a shame if that's the case because I've always enjoyed D&B, however, I am not spending a dime at any of the establishments that will go at the PI location.

SeanC

It will be what the guests have been DEMANDING in all those surveys where the survey taker is instructed not to allow the guests to praise Pleasure Island....More shopping and dining opportunites!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think about the closest we have to a sketchy rumor is the new Latin restaurant that is on it's way to DTD will be taking up residency the the former Rock and Roll beach club.

I thought Latin was a dead language, at least it was when I took Latin in the 9th grade.

Rob562

Did they ever actually finish all of the stuff that was supposed to be done when they remodeled the area a few months back? I don't recall ever seeing pictures of the large dock that they were supposed to build for boats to and from the other areas of dtd...

The PI boat dock has been open for a while now. I took the water shuttle from the West Side to DD last December and it stopped at PI on the way. But they shut down the water shuttle around 11/11:30PM.

-Rob

magicalpins

I have heard from a well placed source at the Walt Disney Company that this is part of a three step process. This is the most up to date plan that Disney currently has.

1) Close the clubs down

2) ????????

3) Profit

As you can see, they have finished step one already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom