What ever happened to Lucky the Dinosaur?

Metallica_Band

Original Poster
Hay, just looking over some old posts of mine and I was reminded about Lucky. I know he was at Disney in Florida a few years ago and went to Hong Kong. After that I dunno. :shrug:

Anyone seen it around anywhere in the world or did he go extinct? :ROFLOL:

Krack

Hay, just looking over some old posts of mine and I was reminded about Lucky. I know he was at Disney in Florida a few years ago and went to Hong Kong. After that I dunno. :shrug:

Operational costs were probably more than $.01 so TDO deemed it an "unnecessary expense".

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Last time I heard he was in a warehouse in Anaheim. One thing we need to remember was Lucky was a prototype and like most prototypes was prone to frequent breakdowns. I doubt we will ever see him outside of a backstage tour again.

Buried20KLeague

I had read somewhere (don't ask me where) that he still makes occasional appearances at functions in Glendale. Private stuff.

Metallica_Band

Original Poster
Just noticed he was at Disney's D23 Expo 2009 like 7 months or so ago for a meet & greet. Guess he comes out of hibernation every once in a while. :shrug:

They should do a life sized version of an AT-AT and have it walk down a parade. That's be the riskiest thing Disney would have done. The coolest too!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just noticed he was at Disney's D23 Expo 2009 like 7 months or so ago for a meet & greet. Guess he comes out of hibernation every once in a while. :shrug:

They should do a life sized version of an AT-AT and have it walk down a parade. That's be the riskiest thing Disney would have done. The coolest too!!!
Considering that it would be nearly 75 feet tall I think it would classify as both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom