What ever happened to Digital Disney?

DisneyElite

Original Poster
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I've been searching for hours and can't seem to find any info about the following:

I would like a ride-through of the old Dreamflight attraction that was in Tommorrowland. After a lot of searching on this site and the web it seems the only site that ever had a full ride-thru of it was Digital Disney, and that site no longer exists. Does anyone know what happened to it, and what happened to the footage?

Thank you.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney Central IRC and Bittorrents have a full video I did a while back - a tribute to If You Had Wings and Dreamflight.

Digital Disney went to the great bandwidth eater in the sky it seems - there was talk of a (welcome) return but nothings happened yet.

DigitalDisney

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to properly maintain it any more. I was still in college back when the site was running at full steam.

I'm hoping that I can finish the latest version of the site some time soon. The biggest obstacle right now is finding the time to do it.

I now have a full-time job that takes up a significant amount of time, and I'm working on getting a house, and just being involved in real life (c).

Another time sink is digitizing and indexing all of my media. Since I have hundreds of VHS, 8mm, and audio tapes, it will take quite a bit of time before the material is even usable. Unfortunately, everything has to be digitized in real-time, so each 2hr tape takes 2hrs to transfer to the computer, plus another hour or so to compress and burn. I only have one usable computer at the moment, and that computer is basically unusable while I am digitizing media. Sigh.

DisneyElite

Original Poster
Thanks for the fast replies!

It's too bad real life caught up with you DigitalDisney. Isn't life via the internet so much more gratifying? ;) Good luck with your new job/house, and I hope to see you online again in the future!

Thanks for the info Marni. I'm in the process of figuring out all this mIRC/Invision stuff, and hopefully I will be able to dl some ride videos soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom