What EVER happaened to Tapestry of Nations??

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Original Poster
I know... Its was of mellenium cellebration, but seriously dont you think it should have kept going?? i loved it ! Espically the music??:brick:

Eljay

I loved it too, I still listen to the music on my Millennium Celebration CD. I must admit though, it did make it difficult to get around the World Showcase if you weren't going to watch it. Those poor performers must have had tired arms and backs by the end of the parade each night!

ToTBellHop

They ruined it with Tapestry of Dreams, which was not nearly as popular...it's time for a new parade for Epcot, though...it has such classy entertainment.

hayzer11

Original Poster
ISTCNavigator57 said:
They ruined it with Tapestry of Dreams, which was not nearly as popular...it's time for a new parade for Epcot, though...it has such classy entertainment.

Yeah youre right about the tapestry of dreams, its not even connected to WS, at least it was named Tapestry of Nations, i have no clue why they changed it??, lol i still think the health issue is wierd

hayzer11

Original Poster
Eljay said:
I loved it too, I still listen to the music on my Millennium Celebration CD. I must admit though, it did make it difficult to get around the World Showcase if you weren't going to watch it.
yea you could hardly walk around WS, it was impossible:brick:

Eljay

hayzer11 said:
i still think the health issue is wierd

Sounds like you have never had back pain, lucky you! I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Having a bad back and surgery on it last year, I can totally see how the weight and top-heaviness of the puppets would strain lower back muscles. Absolutely.

Captain Hank

LSUxStitch said:
Nope. Only parade in DAK was Mickeys Jammin' Jungle Parade.
And March of the Artimals. Jammin' Jungle Parade does have a few large scale puppets in it, so that's what you might be thinking of. These puppets, however, do not rely on the puppeteers for support. Rather, they roll along on wheels and are only articulated by the puppeteer.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
imagineer boy said:
Speaking of Rob, I havn't seen him post here in a while...
sorry... doing a road trip to DC and back.

Anywho... I'm still having back problems from that POS.

That parade was when I decided that making guests happy is great, but maintaining my health is a better idea.

webmomom

LSUxStitch said:
Nope. Only parade in DAK was Mickeys Jammin' Jungle Parade.

Actually the DAk first open they had parade, I don't remeber of name of it, then they Mickeys Jammin' Jungle Parade.

The first parade did last at long.:drevil:

TarzanRocked99-

DAK's first parade

DAK opened with March of the Artimals.... not to impressive much like Journey into the Jungle Book and the Discovery River Boats

ToTBellHop

Hey...I liked March of the ARTimals...though it was clearly inferior to Jammin' Jungle Parade, I still found it fun. It was better than Eureka! A California Parade........

CAPTAIN HOOK

mkt said:
Anywho... I'm still having back problems from that POS.

That parade was when I decided that making guests happy is great, but maintaining my health is a better idea.
Here's to back sufferers everywhere - I'm afraid at this time I'm a fully paid up member of that particular club and, at present, laid up off work :sohappy:

Back to topic - TON / TOD were brilliant parades, great music and sadly missed - lets hope that they return to EPCOT in a format that doesn't affect anyones health

CrashNet

Tapestry of Nations ended at the end of the Millenium Celebration, and yes, it was changed to Tapestry of Dreams, which split the parade in half, one part starting in Mexico and ending at American Adventure, the other starting at American Adventure and ending where the Millenium Village used to be. Let's just say they were trying to hang on to something good and at the same time, saving a little money. No one liked it, cast members and the guests alike. They had a hard time filling the positions in the parade and guests didn't like it because quite frankly, EPCOT was never designed to have a parade go through it, so it quietly disappeared.

New parade in EPCOT? I really don't know if they would attempt it again, but its never out of the question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom