What EVER happaened to Tapestry of Nations??

Captain Hank

cac2889 said:
They had a hard time filling the positions in the parade and guests didn't like it because quite frankly, EPCOT was never designed to have a parade go through it, so it quietly disappeared.
Actually, when Epcot first opened, it had a very short-lived parade called No Place Like World Showcase. I'm afraid I don't know much about it, although I've heard the music (It was a very infectious Sherman Brothers' tune..and more than a bit cheesy). As I said, the parade was short-lived and I'm not sure exactly why it was removed, but the World Showcase Promenade was designed with parades in mind.

CrashNet

Captain Hank said:
Actually, when Epcot first opened, it had a very short-lived parade called No Place Like World Showcase. I'm afraid I don't know much about it, although I've heard the music (It was a very infectious Sherman Brothers' tune..and more than a bit cheesy). As I said, the parade was short-lived and I'm not sure exactly why it was removed, but the World Showcase Promenade was designed with parades in mind.
Hmmm...didn't know that...I was always told that the promenade wasn't designed for it. Maybe what they meant was they tried a parade and found out they didn't design the paths wide enough to provide easy walkthrough. Not sure, though I do know of several places around World Showcase (in front of Mexico and through the UK for example) that would seem to me to be a pretty tough area to put a parade through and keep walk space. Then again, we all know what Mainstreet USA is like during the parade. :lol:

ToTBellHop

It was designed for parades, but I think before bringing a new parade in, they need to add some nice bypasses for through traffic (like the bypass along Rivers of America that is very nice to use to get from the Haunted Mansion to Splash quickly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
cac2889 said:
Hmmm...didn't know that...I was always told that the promenade wasn't designed for it.. :lol:

Nope, as Capt Hank said it was from day one; down to tracking sensors and PA zones.

CrashNet

marni1971 said:
Nope, as Capt Hank said it was from day one; down to tracking sensors and PA zones.
Not that I definetly didn't know. Now I'm beginning to wonder why they don't make better use of it...I always assumed all of that technology was only recently added back in 2000. Didn't realize it was always there. Or course, I wonder if they ever anticipated the type of crowds EPCOT gets now?

LSUxStitch

cac2889 said:
Tapestry of Nations ended at the end of the Millenium Celebration, and yes, it was changed to Tapestry of Dreams, which split the parade in half, one part starting in Mexico and ending at American Adventure, the other starting at American Adventure and ending where the Millenium Village used to be. Let's just say they were trying to hang on to something good and at the same time, saving a little money. No one liked it, cast members and the guests alike. They had a hard time filling the positions in the parade and guests didn't like it because quite frankly, EPCOT was never designed to have a parade go through it, so it quietly disappeared.

New parade in EPCOT? I really don't know if they would attempt it again, but its never out of the question.

Well, with my FIRST HAND association with it, I would like to disagree here. The preformers enjoyed it, as well as guests. Were you there for the last night of the parade? Well, I was, and worked it. I had guests coming up to me, telling me they had planned their trip so they would be there for the last night. There were also many that were there for the first day of the parade and had to be there for the last day. In my wallet, I have a sticker that a guest made for the whole cast that said "Thank You Dreamers." Just because you did not enjoy it, does not mean "NO ONE" liked it.

CrashNet

LSUxStitch said:
Well, with my FIRST HAND association with it, I would like to disagree here. The preformers enjoyed it, as well as guests. Were you there for the last night of the parade? Well, I was, and worked it. I had guests coming up to me, telling me they had planned their trip so they would be there for the last night. There were also many that were there for the first day of the parade and had to be there for the last day. In my wallet, I have a sticker that a guest made for the whole cast that said "Thank You Dreamers." Just because you did not enjoy it, does not mean "NO ONE" liked it.
We're just going to make this simple: don't put words into my mouth. I've seen it, and I loved it, and I work there too. My saying "no one" liked it did not mean every single person did not enjoy it. The ToD was a big let down after seeing ToN, and I think everyone can agree on that.

LSUxStitch

cac2889 said:
We're just going to make this simple: don't put words into my mouth. I've seen it, and I loved it, and I work there too. My saying "no one" liked it did not mean every single person did not enjoy it. The ToD was a big let down after seeing ToN, and I think everyone can agree on that.

Hah, reread my post and tell me where I put "words in your mouth." Saying "no one" means EVERY person does not like it. If there is "no one" in a room, what does that mean? Exactly. I think you need to read my post again because I just posted my opinions and experiences I had with some guests. Your post on the other hand put "words in other people's mouths" when saying that NO ONE liked it. (guests and castmembers alike) Have a wonderful day. :wave:

CrashNet

LSUxStitch said:
Hah, reread my post and tell me where I put "words in your mouth." Saying "no one" means EVERY person does not like it. If there is "no one" in a room, what does that mean? Exactly. I think you need to read my post again because I just posted my opinions and experiences I had with some guests. Your post on the other hand put "words in other people's mouths" when saying that NO ONE liked it. (guests and castmembers alike) Have a wonderful day. :wave:
In your post, you were saying that I didn't like ToN, which I never said. I loved the parade, and even wished it had lasted longer than it did. So yes, you put words into my mouth.

Have a magical day. :wave:

LSUxStitch

cac2889 said:
In your post, you were saying that I didn't like ToN, which I never said. I loved the parade, and even wished it had lasted longer than it did. So yes, you put words into my mouth.

Have a magical day. :wave:

...I said you didn't "Enjoy" ToN :animwink: :D . Sorry.

Just on the side, the way you explained ToN in your original post that I quoted, you cannot tell me that anyone that would have read that would have said that you liked it. I was just going by the impression you left from your response.

CrashNet

LSUxStitch said:
...I said you didn't "Enjoy" ToN :animwink: :D . Sorry.

Just on the side, the way you explained ToN in your original post that I quoted, you cannot tell me that anyone that would have read that would have said that you liked it. I was just going by the impression you left from your response.
Yes, I did word it incorrectly, and I apologize for that. My meaning behind it and what I actually typed were two completely different things. Once again, the lack of emotion and meaning on the internet wins. :lol:

Again, sorry if there were any hard feelings. :)

LSUxStitch

cac2889 said:
Yes, I did word it incorrectly, and I apologize for that. My meaning behind it and what I actually typed were two completely different things. Once again, the lack of emotion and meaning on the internet wins. :lol:

Again, sorry if there were any hard feelings. :)

Not a problem. We are both :cool: in my book

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Original Poster
LSUxStitch said:

Totally agree:)

DarkImage4

It's ironic this thread should show up...

It was only a day or 2 ago and my wife and I were watching an old Travel Channel show about WDW and they showed a quick shot of one of the Tapestry parades. We agreed sighed in disappointment that it's something we'll never see again, but also both agreed that it was a good thing to end, for the CM's sake.

I have recurring back pain from slipped discs from my HS years, so I can sympathize with the CMs about chronic pain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom