What else can I do?

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Hey, need a few suggestions from the crowd. We are going in Oct (8-15) :D

Can you all throw out some suggestions of things "out of the oridinary" things to do while at WDW? Here are some of the things I already have scheduled:

PS for every night (Libery Tree Tavern, Rose and Crown, Artist's Point, OHanna's, Ciderallas Castle, Narcoossee's, Le Chefs de France)

WDW Tours (Backstage Magic, Hidden Treasures, Wild by Design, Sunrise Safari)

So some of the mornings (and afternoons are taken), and I have all the dinners lined up too. I tried to schedule Breathless, but they are refurbing it during our stay, so that's out. We did Curic de Solie last year, and the wife is not interested in the Not So Scarry Holloween. :mad: So, that's out too.

Any things you people find fun to do, let me know. I'm looking for something to surprise her with. It was going to be Breathless, but that didn't work out. :mad:

Thanks....

EvilMOuse

:wave:
hey. Fantasia gardens mini golf is gret fun after ure evening meal, nice when its lit up and night :sohappy:
Thats all i can think of now....ill keep thinking...

Upvote 0

disneydudette

U can go horseback riding at Fort Wilderness....I agree with both EvilM and Dawnie....A spa treatment would be nice....and mini golf too....

Some people forget about the boardwalk....u can go dancing there...or even a night a PI.....see what works for u.....

Upvote 0

timmy31

Another fun thing to do is renting boats. You can rent the water mouse speed boats at the Contemporary. They hold two people and I think they went somewhere around 15 mph. They were a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
I was thinking about the Boardwalk too. Never visited that yet. I'm sure we will stop in at PI during our trip.

I'm looking for more night time stuff. I would have liked to do the Fansamic dineer thing, but we both don't care much for the MGM resurants.

Spa's are a good idea as well, we even have wishes that could go toward that. :sohappy:

But I'm looking for a package, tour, experiance kind of this that would surprise her. Money is not a concern. I was going to do Breathless (and that is not cheap), so something along those lines would be great. Just can't seem to find anything we haven't done already. :mad: :lol:

We've done the Poly show, and she's not interested in the Hoop or the Contempory show either (I've been off the cuff asking her stuff to guage what she would like or not). :lookaroun

I have a feeling this trip is gonna be tough to find something for her this time out.

Keep the suggestions comming!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Ariel, The Daughter, and I had a great time at the Adventurer's club...but you have to be willing to play along....and accept a little good-natured ribbing. They're pretty good about knowing who they can pick on, and who they should leave alone. ;) (note my sig)

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Originally posted by EvilMOuse
:wave:
hey. Fantasia gardens mini golf is gret fun after ure evening meal, nice when its lit up and night :sohappy:
Thats all i can think of now....ill keep thinking...

These are the ones by the Swan/Dolphin right?

What do they cost, what are the hours? The Swan's web site doesn't list the cost/hours.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Originally posted by AkiraRaptor

These are the ones by the Swan/Dolphin right?

What do they cost, what are the hours? The Swan's web site doesn't list the cost/hours.

Never mind, found it at wdwig.com.

10am-12 midnight
$9 adult / $8 children

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Originally posted by timmy31
Another fun thing to do is renting boats. You can rent the water mouse speed boats at the Contemporary. They hold two people and I think they went somewhere around 15 mph. They were a lot of fun!

I rode them when I was kid years ago. Unfourtunatly, she's not a "water" person. Plus I have a jet ski, so at 15mph, it would seem like a paddle boat compared to my 60mph on a ski. :D

Sorry if I sound like I'm shooting down everything here, but I'm really looking for somthing really "special" and out of the ordinary.

Last year I upgraded our room from standard to savanna and got great seats at Circu. I'm tring to top that. And I though it was a sure in with Breathless until it got nixed last week. :mad:

Are there any special VIP stuff that can be done at the parks?

Upvote 0

westie

Somehow we always end up at Disney Quest at the end of the night. It stays open later than the parks, its close to Downtown and PI, and is pretty darn cool on the inside. Try the Pirates if you already haven't, you'll wish the real PotC was like this one! Oh yeah, should come with your admission.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Originally posted by westie
Somehow we always end up at Disney Quest at the end of the night. It stays open later than the parks, its close to Downtown and PI, and is pretty darn cool on the inside. Try the Pirates if you already haven't, you'll wish the real PotC was like this one! Oh yeah, should come with your admission.

Yea, I though DQ was cool when we went last year. The wife was just tapping her foot the whole time. Not a big "video game" player. But for, I said what the heck, she'll have to grin and bare it for an hour or so. :kiss:

I want to go back this trip too. It's getting her in the door is the hard part, once I'm in, she's stuck till I'm played out. :D

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have a couple of suggestions for you. I do this for a living, so I may be of some help to you.

Take a carriage ride through Fort Wilderness

Have a re-hitchin ceremony done at the Garden Grill.

If you are interested in having a personal itinerary made to your specifications, please contact us.

Upvote 0

KCat

Couple of ideas from the Unofficial Guide:

- take her to the lounge atop the Contemporary Resort to watch the MK fireworks

- have room service make up a carry-along lunch & have a picnic on the beaches of the Seven Seas Lagoon

Of course, you could always renew your vows at Disney. They have some amazing wedding packages. Surprise her by having Cinderella's carriage pick her up! :)

Good luck!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
I have a couple of suggestions for you. I do this for a living, so I may be of some help to you.

Take a carriage ride through Fort Wilderness

Have a re-hitchin ceremony done at the Garden Grill.

If you are interested in having a personal itinerary made to your specifications, please contact us.

Cool, these were great. Looking into both of them. They both sound fun. We can do the carriage ride one of the nights, and the GG for lunch...time to call back AKL itinirary services. :D

Thanks!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Originally posted by KCat
Couple of ideas from the Unofficial Guide:

- take her to the lounge atop the Contemporary Resort to watch the MK fireworks

- have room service make up a carry-along lunch & have a picnic on the beaches of the Seven Seas Lagoon

Of course, you could always renew your vows at Disney. They have some amazing wedding packages. Surprise her by having Cinderella's carriage pick her up! :)

Good luck!

MK is have fireworkd only on the Friday and Saturday we are there (Oct hours :( ), we'll be at Ohanna's on Friday, so we were just gonna sit on the Poly beach and enjoy them. (MK is having the Not So Scare Holloween that night) We will be in MK on Saturday, so we'll be up close for that show.

I've looked into renewing the vows. I think I'll save that one for another trip. Quite expensive, but they do a whole package thing for that. We've already set up our vacation.

Good tips though, thanks a bunch! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Originally posted by bearboysnc
OMG it sounds like overkill... how bout just sitting and relaxing.

Naw, we'll have plenty of time relaxing. I have four tours in the beginning of the week, and the dinners reserved. Other than that, everything is open.

We are not gung-ho combat tourist. We go at our own pace. And the tours let us see things most just walk on by. We enjoyed the ones we took last year.

We've seen/done all the normal stuff. Now when we go, we like to do the things that most people miss.

The Mini-Golf was and excelent example. I've heard of it, but forget about, so now well make it a point to stop by after one of our Epcot dinners.

Always fun to try something new!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Thanks for all the quick suggestions today!

I think I will surprise her with the carrage ride and the Garden Grill re-hittching for lunch one of the days.

And we'll stop by the Boardwalk and the Mini-Golf on some of the nights we are there.

Thanks alot everyone! You've really helped!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom