What do you think of WDW at Christmas time?

will341

Original Poster
I was there when I was younger and being from the North East I wasn't use to the weather. Being a Christmas lover and a WDW lover it seemed like to much excitement at one time and for me, they have to be kept separate.

mickey&me

We were there Dec 5-11, 2007. We really only felt like Christmas at night--can't really say why. Maybe it would be different if you were actually there Christmas Eve/Day.

However, we loved all the decorations and have declared this our favorite time of year to visit the World.:xmas:

imamouse

Christmas time (late Nov - end of Dec) is my favorite time to visit WDW. I prefer early Dec as the weather is mild and the crowds aren't too bad. There is so much to do and see - the special shows and events, like holidays around the world at Epcot where you learn the Christmas traditions of each country. We always attend the Candlelight Processional - it's our favorite holiday show at WDW.

Don't let the weather put you off - it's still cool enough in the evenings for a sweater. I wore a Christmas tree sweater to the CP on Dec 1, 2007.

To me, visiting WDW during the holidays cranks up the magic a couple of extra notches. The decorations are beautiful and look different from day to night. It makes for excellent family photos.

pacochran

The last three years and again this year we go around the first week of December and will be going again this year at that time. Being from the North East we LOOOOVE the weather. The decorations make it even more special.

Mystic

Absolutely love it. It's my favourite time to visit the World. We'll be heading down over the first two weeks of December this year.

wolf359

I also love Christmas time at WDW. I've been several times, most recently the first week of December 2007, and my wife and I both really like it a lot. The decorations, music, and the special shows and parties really make a good vacation even better.

I'd be prepared for a wide range of weather. It can go from warm to cold rather quickly, and it always seems extra windy on the cold days.

Sadly, I really can't say that early December is as uncrowded as it used to be. There were consistantly large crowds the whole week we were there, especially for transportation. I think this is more proof that there really aren't as many "slow times" as there used to be at WDW.

eroyee

Love christmas time at WDW. Its so amazing. all the lights and special shows and the resort lobbies are so beautifully decorated. Its truly a magical time to go. that being said, we only go first 2 wks. of Dec. or before. gets way crowded after that on thru New Yrs........

mousefan1972

Spent our first Christmas at Disney in 2007. It was the most magical, wonderful trip yet. Also from the Northeast, and absolutely loved walking around in short-sleeves for 8 days. In fact, we loved it so much we've already booked our trip for Christmas '08..... :xmas:

imamouse

Wolf359 - Nice avatar! If you don't mind - do you have a link to a high-resolution version that can be downloaded for use as desktop wallpaper?

KCBroadway

My husband and I were there Dec. 21-25 and absolutely LOVED it. This was our first Christmas spent at WDW and we'll definitely be going back at some point. Overall - the crowds weren't too bad until the 24th. It was actually great the first few days we were there because the lines weren't bad at all. The weather was also great. You could wear shorts/T-shirt during the day, but then pants and a sweater at night. It was perfect. The decorations were absolutely breathtaking - especially the beautiful castle lights. I also loved HolidayWishes as well as the Magic Kingdom Chritmas parade! The Osbourne lights were also GREAT!

bgraham34

Well I have been there twice for the Christmas season and both times it was in the 40's at night so there was no doubt it felt like Christmas to me.

2nd Star TTR

We have been 3 different times, but never during Christmas day. We have always gone the 1st 2 weeks of December. It is great, low crowds and you get to enjoy all of the decorations.

ImSweetPea

We go every summer ....but we went for 07-08 Dec 27-Jan 2..... It was amazing.. as long as you are able to get past the fact tat it was 90 out... and we are from Philadelphia .... It was 45 the moning we left... as for Disney as Christmas!! TRULY AMAZING!!!!! I say go for it!!!!!! Hae a blast!!!

doop

It's a great time to be at WDW, but if you're gonna go for it, I would recommend heading down in late Nov. into the first two weeks of Dec. because past that the crowds can get pretty insane.

photoflight

The decorations are terrific as is having the seasonal music going (in areas, anyway). The only bad part are the insanely horrible crowds the closer you get to Christmas & New Years Eve. If you go during the typical holiday vacation period plan to experience large crowds, long lines, long waits at every attraction - even during extra magic hours at MK we saw an 80 minute wait for Space Mountain at 1:30am.

In '06 we went earlier in December and there was a huge difference. To make it even better the first day we went to the park in the evening during the "Very Merry Christmas Party". There were no crowds and virtually no lines (we went on Big Thunder Mountain RR 6 times in a row and walked on the ride pretty much each time).

DonaldD1987

I love going to the world around christmas time because of the decorations and everything. The world is the only place that i will go except for my house for christmas.

hpyhnt 1000

Disney is great at Christmas. I especially like the fireworks at closing (esp. at Epcot) and the lights hung all around the resort are nice too. Also, you can take a whole day just visiting the resorts to see their holiday displays. Its a welcomed change from the crowed parks.

ccs23

I was there just after Thanksgiving of 07... It was absolutly amazing.. The decoratins are devine and the whole trip was one big treat!

I would do it again this year, but we are planning a trip in Oct. so we can see the fall decor.. Can't wait! I'm so excited! Disney World ROCKS!!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom