What do you think of the EPCOT Central Spine redesign?

Bocabear

I look forward to seeing some art that isn't gobbledeegoop made up stuff, but something based in actual factual plans for the space.
Honestly they don't need to demolish communicore to update the space, but merely open it up, relandscape the area, and relocate the Fountain Of Nations to the Lagoon area...It is too tight in it's current space...use the monumental glass arcades for something... ...A futuristic main street of sorts opening onto a vast open, beautifully landscaped plaza... The original bones are still wonderful, they just need to strip away the hideous paint and garbage, and repurpose the buildings...

odmichael

This is certainly still a work in progress but as of now it's possibly looking like...

New entrance plaza
Part demo of Innoventions
Part new builds around Innoventions
New performance space
New fountains
Possible removal of a few other key structures that I can't mention yet
LOTS of landscaping, parkland, trees, pathways

It's a big project. Futureworld will look very different.
I'm getting a lot of the Disney Springs vibe but while still trying to maintain a distinct Epcot look

Maeryk

View attachment 216821

Epcot_Full_30602.jpg

LOL. No, I see what everyone is talking about. I mean I just don't see Disney _building_ a swimming pool in the middle of a park.

ABQ

This is certainly still a work in progress but as of now it's possibly looking like...

New entrance plaza
New performance space
New fountains

Biggest question of all though, will there be benches or any seating areas added?? ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Maeryk

Despite this still being blue sky, that is definitely not a swimming pool. Or any other pool.

I notice there is a lot of blue in this painting.. including blue buildings. But looking at it, I just don't think all the blue is water. I know Disney loves it's water features (and due to where it's built, they are bit of a necessity), but I'm thinking there are some blue buildings/attractions there that aren't aquatic.

Notes from Neverland

New entrance plaza
New performance space
New fountains

I support everything on this list, especially the landscaping.

Timothy_Q

Part new builds around Innoventions.

I'm scared about this.
I'd hope for either a complete return to original form, or a complete redesign. Doing half and half seems like a patchwork end result.

Are you happy with the what the end result of innoventions buildings look like on current plans? Is it cohesive?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom