Votes: 40 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 43.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 19 18.1%

• Total voters

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
After first hearing the news, I thought that it was kind of confusing sounding.

I still do...

They aren't studios anymore and they definitely aren't in Hollywood.

So are they going to rename DCA to Disney's Winter Park Adventure?

C&D

JMHO I say yuck; too long a name. (and I'm pretty sure Hollywood is in California) :animwink:

PaisleyMF

Since Disney owns Buena Vista Distribution,

The company distributes all features produced by Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, DisneyToon Studios, ABC Studios (formerly Touchstone Television), Miramax Films, Pixar Animation Studios, and several small independent companies which employ Buena Vista to distribute their films, such as Spyglass Entertainment.

Also Disney owns Hollywood Records (Queen, Hilary Duff, Breaking Benjamin, Aly & AJ, Indigo Girls, Jesse McCartney, Raven Symone, and Vanessa Anne Hudgens.)

primetime52

I think it should just be Disney Studios. That has a much better ring. It's gonna take a while for me to stop saying "MGM," but I could predict that learning to call it "Disney Studios" would be a much easier transition than saying "Disney Hollywood Studios." I can't see myself ever being able to call it that.

In a way, even calling it "Disney MGM Studios" always made me feel like the MGM part was superfluous. Imagine if there was a theme park called "Paramount's Dreamworks Studios," or "Universal's Warner Brothers' Studios."

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Why change the name? At leats make it Pixtar Studios because disney is pixtar!! I think if tyhey change the whole atmposphere i may cry.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I don't like it... it's the same abbreviation as the Department of Homeland Security - the biggest joke in the US government.

DisneyGigi

I like it better than the rumored Disney-Pixar Studios but I think it would be better as just Disney-Studios IMHO but no matter what.. out of pure habit, I am sure I will still call it MGM.:D

primetime52

Also, this new name doesn't really make very much sense, since there is already a Disney Studios in Hollywood, CA (the real, working movie studio). (I know that technically it's in Burbank or something but you get my point.)

Even after all my complaining about the new name, I will admit that "Disney Hollywood Studios" does sound better to me than "Disney Pixar Studios." Calling it Pixar studios would seem to brand the park in to one very specific corner (specifically a very small list of Pixar Animated movies.) At least "Hollywood" is a very generic, yet descriptive brand name that associates the park with a wide variety of motion pictures, rather than a specific list of animated ones.

WDWFigment

I don't like it... it's the same abbreviation as the Department of Homeland Security - the biggest joke in the US government.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

But it's fitting, since DHS is also the biggest joke of the Florida Disney Parks.

sandicinderelli

I like the new name. Having "MGM" in the name always puzzled me when I went to the park because nothing really reminded me of MGM (didn't see lion or anything). However, I did see "Hollywood" everywhere, so the new name fits. I do agree that it's going to be hard to stop calling it MGM, but that's no big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom