what do you think of disney photo pass???

Tramp

FamilyMan said:
Sorry Tramp to steal your way of doing it, I just wanted to give people an idea of "How" to do what you are talking about... step-by-step is usually the only way to go on this stuff or people get lost. :lol: Give Tramp some good rep too. :)

:) LOL....No problem...I would've gone into detail myself but I was way too tired last night to do it. :wave:

I like this way of doing it cuz, like you said, it works with virtually any file, not just photos. And it's not nearly as difficult as it seems.

Also, if you type javascript:void(document.oncontextmenu=null) in the address bar, it's suppose to disable the right-click disable function of the web page. I've never tried it so I don't know if it works or not but I've seen this in many forums as a way around it. I like to stick with things that I know work. :wave:

I never tried the software that Woody mentions but I might give that a try too when I get a chance.

phichi17

We loved the photo pass option. We had our pic taken in the MK in front of CC and forgot to pick it up on the way out. I saw the link on disneyworld.com and went there. Luckily I still had the card, our pic was saved!!

crazycalf

Photo pass is great. You don't have to worry about losing those stupid little pieces of paper they were always giving you. There's only 1 card to keep track of. Also, you don't have to wait on a long line just to view a bad picture. And you don't have to worry about keeping them flat on on the way home.

My only complaint is that they need to add photopass to the rides.

JLW11Hi

Photopass is just in its beginning stage. I've heard that eventually you will be able to add things like characters and frames and stuff to your pictures.

PhotoDave219

No, you can already do that now.

Think more creativly.... Its part of the destination Disney program. Theyve got a lot more that they want to do with this.

Woody13

PhotoDave219 said:
No, you can already do that now.

Think more creativly.... Its part of the destination Disney program. Theyve got a lot more that they want to do with this.
As I recall, the destination Disney program was also toying with the idea that all your park photos would be made available on your Disney Resort TV. You would then be able to return to your room, view the pictures on the TV and then order copies via the room telephone.

Nicole

I thought the Photopass thing was great! Because my husband is stationed in Korea and my daughter and I were at WDW without him I was able to give him my photopass ID number over the phone and he could see our pictures before I even got home to see them myself! I did find myself seeking out the photographers more often too.

jcraycraft

We love the new photopass program. We just purchased 5 photos from our trip two weeks ago. Added borders to all photos, but you can not move or resize them like I have seen them do at store. Will be awesome system once they get ride shots added and more flexibly in moving borders/icons. I guess they want to keep it simple… :lol:

I never thought Disney would go to this type of system….. being afraid they would lose sales at parks. Once I found out they were going to online to view, we where looking for the photo people.

Way to go Disney!!!!!!!! :sohappy: Now if only the DCL would have done that, I would be set!

scorp111

I agree with the majority here. I think it's great, and will inevitably lead to my family purchasing more of the photos. I know they took some great shots of my daughter with the princesses in ToonTown.....

SewIn2Disney

What are the prices like? Are they the same as in the parks? Do they have packages, i.e. it's cheaper if you order more then one, or if you order a few of the same pic.....etc. Just wondering...it sounds like a wonderful thing, and I agree with all of you, I'll probably be seeking out the photographers!

phlydude

I did find myself hunting out photographers more and the photographers weren't as pushy when you handed them this card as opposed to the paper slips in the past. The one thing though is if the photographer isn't watching their display after they swipe, the pictures may not get linked to that card.

Example - We were in MGM on 12/8 and we got our pictures. We also got the pictures of another family who was photographed just before us. I feel bad for them because now they have to search and try to get Disney to find the pics if they wanted to view them.

phlydude

FamilyMan said:
There are endless ways to avoid the right click problem. :)

If you don't know how, you really should learn how. Tramp's suggestion is excellent. And the best part about it is that you can use it for flash files and quicktime movies as well. ;)

For those of you that still don't understand how to do it, here is pretty much how you do it...

1. Go to the site where the pictures are located that you wish to save.
2. In Internet Explorer's Tools menu, select "Internet Options..."
3. On the "General Tab" in the "Temporary Internet Files Section," click the "Settings" button. A small window will open up and there you must click the "View Files" button.
4. You now have a listing of all the files you've accessed recently on the internet, and your picture is there in that list. (somewhere) If the list is too long, you need to empty your cache before going to the page where your photos are. You can empty your cache by following the steps below. (see #1a.)
5. Once you find the right file, you can right click on it, and select "copy." Then you can paste the file on your desktop by right clicking on your desktop and clicking "paste." Double click the icon to open the image. You're done.

Too many Files! Must dump my cache!

1a. Okay, so that list was WAYYYYY too long for you. Not to worry. Dumping your cache simply means to dump all the files in that folder except your cookies. Here are the steps to do that... Please note this is entirely seperate from the above process to save an image, and should be done before the above steps.
2a. In Internet Explorer's Tools menu, select "Internet Options..."
3. On the "General Tab" in the "Temporary Internet Files Section," click the "Delete Files..." button. A small window will open up and there you must click the "OK" button. It will seem as though your computer has frozen, but this is not the case. Emptying your cache is simply a long process. When it is done, you will be able to exit out of the Internet Options box.

Hopefully this will help you. :)
If you find this process helpful, there is always that little icon to donate reputation to me. ;) Thank you.

Any questions? Comments? PM me, or just reply!

Sorry Tramp to steal your way of doing it, I just wanted to give people an idea of "How" to do what you are talking about... step-by-step is usually the only way to go on this stuff or people get lost. :lol: Give Tramp some good rep too. :)

Tried it and it doesn't work, for me at least. The only images saved in the Temp folder are the gifs all over the page. The picture doesn't come up.

phlydude

Portable Hole said:
Not necessarily -- right-click is disabled through javascript, which is supported by pretty much all browsers. It may be that some poorly-coded methods only work in IE, or that certain other browsers are designed specifically to ignore such scripts. There's also an extension for Firefox that will defeat no-right-click scripts.

So that brings up another way around the issue: disable javascript. In IE it's in the Security tab (Custom Level button, under Scripting). In Firefox, it's on the Web Features panel.

Saving the original is preferable to screen capturing, so that you don't have to recompress the image (or save it uncompressed).

Mozilla's Firefox Worked like a charm. The message popped up but it still allowed me to save the image where I wanted. The images are of inferior quality but good enough to look at and share until we decide on which prints we will purchase.

jcraycraft

SewIn2Disney said:
What are the prices like? Are they the same as in the parks? Do they have packages, i.e. it's cheaper if you order more then one, or if you order a few of the same pic.....etc. Just wondering...it sounds like a wonderful thing, and I agree with all of you, I'll probably be seeking out the photographers!

Here are the prices online...

5x7 $12.95, Introductory Special $9.95
8x10 $16.95
4 wallets $12.95

S/H $1.99 (standard via first class US mail)
$15.99 (Express via Overnight Carrier)
$6.00 (International via first class airmail)

Not sure of the park prices, since we used www.disneyphotopass.com to get our photos. BTW they do have a place to apply a promotion code...but we could not find one.

CenterLine

This sounds really cool. We were there in early October and they had the cards but you couldn't access the photos online yet. Being able to order them from the comfort of your own home would be so much better than fighting the crowds at the park.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
:D I love Opera

Attachments

• rob-xmasparty.jpeg
    rob-xmasparty.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 106

Laura

Premium Member
OMG are you serious that this happens now? I'm dying of excitement. No one EVER takes my picture on vacation because I'm the only one in my family who can take a decent photo. I'm going to be hunting down the photographers in January. I'm super excited!

BTW - I use the "print screen" method of stealing illegal images. Quick and easy. If you have photoshop all you have to do is hit "print screen" then open photoshop and do "file, new" and then hit paste and there's your photo.

tigger248

jcraycraft said:
Here are the prices online...

5x7 $12.95, Introductory Special $9.95
8x10 $16.95
4 wallets $12.95

S/H $1.99 (standard via first class US mail)
$15.99 (Express via Overnight Carrier)
$6.00 (International via first class airmail)

Not sure of the park prices, since we used www.disneyphotopass.com to get our photos. BTW they do have a place to apply a promotion code...but we could not find one.

Those are the same prices as in the parks. Now, the only upside to purchasing in the parks is no shipping. But, these cards are so much more convenient. Plus, I'd happily pay another dollar or so to avoid the hour + wait to see pictures when the park closes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom