What do you think of Blackfish?

Do you support Sea World?

• Total voters

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was specifically addressing the merits of the film itself. Which has none. Agenda based propaganda films are not interested in truth. They have one goal, and that is to influence ill informed reactionary people. They use incomplete, outdated, and/or factually incorrect information to push their agenda. When they do that, they have zero credibility, and everything included is suspect.

You will be a smarter person if you ignore this type of media.
We now refer to those simply as "documentaries". ;)

Tony the Tigger

Edit: Going to be the bigger person here and remove my comments. Tired of this discussion.

Please mods, Im begging you, lock the thread, or delete it.

I don't understand the obsession with locking threads on this forum. If you don't like a discussion, skip it. Let other people discuss what they want. When I get tired of a thread, I click "unwatch."

Crazydisneyfanluke

I don't understand the obsession with locking threads on this forum. If you don't like a discussion, skip it. Let other people discuss what they want. When I get tired of a thread, I click "unwatch."
There are numerous threads already discussing this topic. We dont need another one. I unwatched this thread last night.

matt78

Do you still stand by Sea World?
Yes I do. No matter what Blackfish says about SeaWorld they still do more good for the well being of animals than they do harm. I honestly don't know how anyone that loves animals can hate a place that has been responsible for rescuing over 25,000 wild animals in the last 30 years. As for the stuff about them capturing Orcas in the wild that is a practice that SeaWorld stopped back in the 70's and was under different ownership. If I'm not mistaken all but 2 or 3 of SeaWorlds Orcas were breed in captivity. You might also want to look into SeaWorld's Blue World Project which is supposed to increase the size of the tanks as well as give them a more natural feel.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I think Blackfish was a one-sided film built to manipulate the the audience into feeling a certain way, the way the makers feel. A real documentary is not bias and presents information from both sides so the audience can make their own judgements.
This idea of objectivity and presenting both sides is nonsense. It will never happen and has never happened, no matter what people like to claim. Bias is a point of view. There should be no shame in that and it is what is going to make a topic compelling. The problem is not bias, but the willingness to lie and deceive.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
In a lot of cases Sea World does good, but keeping large animals in tiny tanks is not one of them. I know they cannot be set free but even a tank expansion would do them some good.

Have you actually SEEN the tanks they're kept in? They're not "tiny" by any stretch of the imagination.

Donald Razorduck

Ah more OJW (orca justice warrior) attempts to try to resurrect the piece of beetle dung documentary that even liberal Hollywood didn't nominate it for awards. CNN bought as it was being sold and has played it in the ground trying to recoup the money they laid out for it. It's populated with kooks that think the Bill of Rights applies to rodents.

So when SeaWorld tires to build a better habitat the OJWs and the soccer moms that watch CNN stopped it in San Diego thys cheating the whales in the end. Kudos.

Disneyhead'71

Ah more OJW (orca justice warrior) attempts to try to resurrect the piece of beetle dung documentary that even liberal Hollywood didn't nominate it for awards. CNN bought as it was being sold and has played it in the ground trying to recoup the money they laid out for it. It's populated with kooks that think the Bill of Rights applies to rodents.

So when SeaWorld tires to build a better habitat the OJWs and the soccer moms that watch CNN stopped it in San Diego thys cheating the whales in the end. Kudos.
Eco Warriors are well meaning idiots. Like, in an effort to stop Vail Corp. from cutting a few new ski slopes into the forest the idiot Eco warriors burnt down the entire forest.

Well done, guys!

It seems as if critical thinking was banned sometime during The Bush Administration.

Last edited:

danpam1024

I think Blackfish is a horribly made radical left wing propaganda piece devoid of actual factual information. It was made, just like the Planned Parenthood videos, to sway low information reactionary simpletons.
there was a 3rd party analysis of the film somewhere on this forum

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom