What do you think of Blackfish?

Do you support Sea World?

• Total voters

Lucky

Yes, but there is a big difference between a documentary and a propaganda film. And that is the use of provable and current facts.

Including business practices the company stopped using 30 years ago, while failing to mention that they stopped using them 30 years ago, is propaganda. Plain and simple. Blackfish does not inform. It incites. Therefore, as an educational tool, it is worthless.
It's obviously an advocacy piece but so much is these days that I don't see how you draw a line between "worthless" and not. There's exaggeration or misinformation in every "documentary."

Disneyhead'71

It's obviously an advocacy piece but so much is these days that I don't see how you draw a line between "worthless" and not. There's exaggeration or misinformation in every "documentary."
Easy. If there are half truths or flat out lies, it goes in the trash.

I'm not asking for fair and balanced. Just factual. If you can't prove your point without lying, you have no point.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Unless you're an expert on every topic you may not know when a "documentary" is being factual and balanced.
I do think this forum contains a lot of "expert on every topic" type of people.
81.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I went the year before Blackfish came out. I did not like it then and further investigation proved what I always thought to be true. It's okay to admit that parks like Sea World, and AK have imperfections.
All parks, just like humans, have imperfections, that doesn't mean that we can't love them all the same.

Tony the Tigger

I have been to sea world. I have seen blackfish. I have no reason to think it is not credible, and I don't trust most big companies.

That said, I don't feel strongly enough about it that I wouldn't go to sea world again at some point.

My guess is the truth lies somewhere between the film and the corporate rebuttal.

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
Thats a stereotype, not all animal activist are liars and manuptlive. I have no issue with hunting if you are going to eat the meat. I volunteer at shelters and find issues there as well, you would not believe the stories they come up with to get dogs homes. I eat meat, I don't go to Health Market to buy my food, but I think it's important to remember animals have feelings and those shows are disgusting and painful to watch. Sea World does not try to make the animals environment natural, they could care less that these are WILD mammals. Nobody's going to win this debate but you posting pictures of a manuptlive animal activist and meat is not going to change the situation.

lazyboy97o

I have been to sea world. I have seen blackfish. I have no reason to think it is not credible, and I don't trust most big companies.

That said, I don't feel strongly enough about it that I wouldn't go to sea world again at some point.

My guess is the truth lies somewhere between the film and the corporate rebuttal.
Blackfish is known because it was pushed by a large corporation that has been looking for ratings.

Thats a stereotype, not all animal activist are liars and manuptlive. I have no issue with hunting if you are going to eat the meat. I volunteer at shelters and find issues there as well, you would not believe the stories they come up with to get dogs homes. I eat meat, I don't go to Health Market to buy my food, but I think it's important to remember animals have feelings and those shows are disgusting and painful to watch. Sea World does not try to make the animals environment natural, they could care less that these are WILD mammals. Nobody's going to win this debate but you posting pictures of a manuptlive animal activist and meat is not going to change the situation.
How do you know SeaWorld doesn't care? What about them being a vital part of marine rescue in Florida?

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Neither is a rehashed thread. Oh, the irony....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom