What do you think is the best fireworks show?

KaliSplash

Okay, this paints me as old as the hills, which I'm not quite,

But I'd say Sorcery (sp?) in the Sky, followed by Fantasy in the Sky.

Sorcery in the Sky was the old show at Disney-MGM and was the best-timed match I've seen at Disney.
Fantasy in the Sky I found better than Wishes. The narration of Wishes just doesn't do it for me.
As for everyone's favorite, ROE, I just don't get it. It was years before I realized there was a story to this. I still don't know what the story is. I haven't found a place yet where I can see anything on the globe other than changing colors. And no, I'm not completely blind. I realize it is earth and there is some projection of people/animals on it, but I just don't get it.

And yes, I do love Fantasmic, but not because of its fireworks

Chape19714

Okay, this paints me as old as the hills, which I'm not quite,

But I'd say Sorcery (sp?) in the Sky, followed by Fantasy in the Sky.

Sorcery in the Sky was the old show at Disney-MGM and was the best-timed match I've seen at Disney.
Fantasy in the Sky I found better than Wishes. The narration of Wishes just doesn't do it for me.
As for everyone's favorite, ROE, I just don't get it. It was years before I realized there was a story to this. I still don't know what the story is. I haven't found a place yet where I can see anything on the globe other than changing colors. And no, I'm not completely blind. I realize it is earth and there is some projection of people/animals on it, but I just don't get it.

And yes, I do love Fantasmic, but not because of its fireworks
RoE is about the creation of Earth from the Big Bang to the present. The finale suggest that "We are One" moving on into another "thousand circles 'round the sun", and write a new chapter in the story. Clearly created for the Millimimum celebration, but an excellent show none the less.

Epcot82Guy

Illuminations!

Reason #1 - At the beginning when the annoucer "blows out" all of the torches.

Having (FINALLY) seen all 3, I have to agree with this. That part still gives me chills after dozens of times. Also, there are just such great moments that the music builds. The first barge explosion, the face montage, the golden fireworks when the topography appears, the rainbow lights around the outline, the torch relighting with the candles, and, probably most impressive, the pearl fireworks toward the end. It is simply brilliant in design, IMHO.

I would like to see Remember, though. I was speaking with a CA family and they were raving about Remember. It sounds awesome.

~Tinkerbell~

Wow! Thanks for that video sponono88 - that was amazing! I'd have to say my favourite is Wishes, then Reflections of Earth. And I don't really class Fantasmic! as a fireworks show, but that's a favourite too.

TomDisney

Roe is definately the best, especially with the Holiday tag.

Wishes during MVMCP does rate high up there at the finale when they add the perimeter shots all around the MK.

TP2000

Disneyland currently has the best Disney fireworks show, ever. Remember... Dreams Come True blows everything in Florida out of the water. As others have said here in this thread, it simply has no comparison.

As for rankings from best to worst...

1. Remember... Dreams Come True - Disneyland
2. Reflections Of Earth - Epcot
3. Fantasmic! - Disneyland
4. Believe.... In Holiday Magic - Disneyland
5. Wishes - Magic Kingdom
6. Fantasmic! - MGM Studios

The good news is that they have extended Remember into 2007 for Year of a Million Dreams. They are going to re-record the Julie Andres introduction where she references the 50th Anniversary and Walt Disney's quotes about Disneyland, but other than that it will stay the same.

And even better news is that they are bringing back the original Believe... In Holiday Magic show for Christmas at Disneyland. Remember plays on weekends at Disneyland through early November. And then Believe plays 7 days a week from November 10th through New Years Day.

disneytati

I have always favored "Wishes". Just the amount of pyro set off and music with narration. It is the perfect combo. Nothing too crazy yet plenty of entertainment. I have never EVER seen a better fireworks show. Not to mention this happens EVERY NIGHT!! Amazing

I totally agree!!!! When I go to WDW, I go back to the Magic Kingdom 4, 5 times, to watch wishes again...

disneypearl

Wishes!! :sohappy:
It brings a tear to my eye everytime. I always think that the price I paid for my entire trip was worth just watching that show. It is perfect. Look forward to seeing Hallowishes in just about a month.

goofyfan13

Of all the shows I've seen, the 4 minute tag onto the end of Illuminations, aka, "Let there be Peace on Earth." That alone is one amazing show.

disneytati

Wishes!! :sohappy:
It brings a tear to my eye everytime. I always think that the price I paid for my entire trip was worth just watching that show. It is perfect. Look forward to seeing Hallowishes in just about a month.

Hallowishes???? OMG! I hope someone videotapes that and posts it at Disney-central...

typhoonguy

Reflections of Earth with the holiday ending. WOW. Last time I saw it, I was covered in ash. COVERED. If you walk away from a show covered in ash, the show kicks ash.

TheDisneyMagic

Illuminations: Reflections Of Earth wins my vote, I think the music composed for this show is the most powerful, incredible, makes hairs on arms stand up and meaningful piece of music ever created by anyone, mix that with such a great story and out of this world pyro-techniques brings you the greatest ever fireworks spectacular in the world! I have seen the show many many times and listen to it every single day at home yet it still feels as magical as the last every time I see it. Pure Disney Magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom