What do you miss from the old Disney parks???

Chef Mickey

I miss how I "felt" when I walked into EPCOT in the 90s. Totally different feel. Sure, you were at Disney, but there was something magical about being in a place that focused more on the theme of tomorrow and less on being so "Disney" if that makes sense.

I always enjoyed the rides and shows that focused on the theme of progress, the future, and learning.

Now, it's more about a thrill, character spot, closed pavilions, putting "you" in the action, or of all things, Frozen.

I still love it, but I miss the traditional Seabase Alpha, Living Seas, Cranium Command, Body Wars, Horizons, World of Motion, Communicore, and no Frozen EPCOT.

Alexis

what I miss are the cheaper tickets! that we actually a tad more affordable.

And when Mickey and Minnie Mouse used to actually be infront of Cinderellas Castle at MK. Never see them anymore... Unless you go to the theater area by the park entrance indoors.

Oh and the M&M cups from the Goofy Candy store.
They discontinued them because people were, "breaking there teeth on them"

I also miss, Snow White's Scary Adventure :( can't believe they replaced it with a princess meet and greet. But, I guess it works out for the kids.

BrianV

I miss:

The crystal palace as it used to be. A semi-outdoor help-yourself buffet where you only paid for what you wanted, there were no characters, and seats were almost always available.

If you had wings.

The theme song to Listen to the Land.

Comtemporary arcade.

Many many other things. But with the changes, there are many good changes too!

MaryJaneP

We miss, in addition to most of what has already been mentioned about MK, CR, Monorail, and MSUSA,
Welches white grape juice from the grape juice place by the carousel.
The quirky cutouts on MSUSA that had flower vendors, charicaurists (sp?), etc.
COP actually showed current technology in the last scene.
The North Garden Wing.
Original Poly Fountain and décor
Top of the World.
Much, much more.

brb1006

we miss getting mcdonalds fries too. I was attacked my a small flock of birds 8-9 years ago. good for a laugh. cast member was nice enough to give me a new order for free.
Are you talking about the McDonalds building you see after you pass the entrance. Because I remember seeing a Mcdonalds building after you pass it. I didn't see it for my Senior Trip this year since we used the monorails to get to the resorts quickly.

mf1972

Are you talking about the McDonalds building you see after you pass the entrance. Because I remember seeing a Mcdonalds building after you pass it. I didn't see it for my Senior Trip this year since we used the monorails to get to the resorts quickly.
the 1 I was referring to was a kiosk in MK between POTC & BTMRR. think it's outside Pecos Bill cafe.

jengrey

Mr. Toad's, the hub with trees, Skyway, old Epcot entrance plaza, and not having to wait in a line or get a Fastpass to meet Donald Duck (although other people's kids turned up in family photos with characters, there was something extra special about seeing a character just walking around instead of standing at the end of a queue).

Lee

Adventurer
image.jpg

mergatroid

Being able to get in the parks early and use my knowledge of queue patterns and paper FP's obtained on the day to get on attractions with minimal waiting times. FP+ has completely changed this with artificially created lines on attractions at times when there used to be smaller queues. Whilst there probably is a formula to maximise the new FP+ system and possibly find times that certain attractions are quieter, I've yet to figure it out and it will certainly be a lot harder to master..

brb1006

While still common in Disneyland and some Disney parks, who else wished that they could ride an attraction such as "It's A Small World" or "Tea Cups" with their favorite Disney characters. Because I remember a few videos of the Mad Hatter and Alice riding a few attractions in Disneyland. Heck, I remember seeing Dopey and the White Rabbit riding in some Fantasyland attractions. I always felt jealous when ever I seen the "It's A Small World" segment in the Sing-Along-Songs edition for Disneyland circa 1990. I wish Walt Disney World still did that though. I did see Dopey riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but that was for a commercial about the attraction made last spring.

Matt_Black

While still common in Disneyland and some Disney parks, who else wished that they could ride an attraction such as "It's A Small World" or "Tea Cups" with their favorite Disney characters. Because I remember a few videos of the Mad Hatter and Alice riding a few attractions in Disneyland. Heck, I remember seeing Dopey and the White Rabbit riding in some Fantasyland attractions. I always felt jealous when ever I seen the "It's A Small World" segment in the Sing-Along-Songs edition for Disneyland circa 1990. I wish Walt Disney World still did that though. I did see Dopey riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but that was for a commercial about the attraction made last spring.

They still do that at WDW, as far as I know. Alice & the White Rabbit will ride with a lucky younger guest on the tea cups (at least they did in 2013, because I personally witnessed this), and the Tremaines will do likewise over at the Carousel.

brb1006

They still do that at WDW, as far as I know. Alice & the White Rabbit will ride with a lucky younger guest on the tea cups (at least they did in 2013, because I personally witnessed this), and the Tremaines will do likewise over at the Carousel.
I guess that depends on the person who watches over the characters in WDW.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and The Skyway. To a 9 year old, going on a "submarine" was the coolest thing ever. The last time I rode it as a 27 year old I enjoyed the nostalgia and the old school effects for all of their shortcomings. I always enjoyed the skyway, I loved seeing someone I knew and yelling their name. Good times. No, great times.

Mickey5150

I honestly don't miss anything. Things may change but Walt Disney World is still my happy escape from the real world that I will continue to enjoy. About the only thing I could miss is that as a kid my parents paid for everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom