What do you miss from the old Disney parks???

betty rose

For those who grew up in the 80's, who else missed the original theme song for Walt Disney World which was first heard for the Tencennial Parade back in 1981? They need to do a remix of this song for the 50th Anniversary of the resort.

I remember it, and it was so great! I wish they would do a long stream of music from the beginning, and broadcast it all through the parks! That would be special to the people who have gone to Disney for a long or short time. Everyone would recognize something!

brb1006

I remember it, and it was so great! I wish they would do a long stream of music from the beginning, and broadcast it all through the parks! That would be special to the people who have gone to Disney for a long or short time. Everyone would recognize something!
The same song was used for "Disneyland's 25th Anniversary Parade" a year earlier, which is an extended version of the song. But the only change is they say Disneyland instead of Disney World.

It can be found in DisneyChris's Parade archives. Which needs more love for longtime Disney lovers.
http://disneychris.com/15-disneyland-soundtracks/129-disneyland-audio-tour-chapter-4.html

betty rose

LaughingGravy

Watching Disney movies at the Contemporary Resort Movie Theater
The Star Trek sit down console game at the Fiesta Fun Center ("Welcome Aboard, Captain")
Contemporary resort shooting gallery
The multi-player sit down race car game at the Fiesta Fun Center
This little plastic "orange" juice cups with the straws (Yes, at the Fiesta Fun Center)
The "clack" sound of the old monorail doors opening.
The original monorail pilot uniforms
Sitting in the front and being able to do it multiple times on a trip because few people knew about it.
Me and my brother getting our own monorail car in the middle of the day and just bouncing around in it.
The original design of the monorail cars, not like subway cars.
20K Leagues
The time when there was no stage at all in front of the castle. It just seemed so much more grand.
The Magic shop on Main St. with the foam rocks, glow in the dark skulls, Adams magic tricks, and invisible dog leashes.
Penny Arcade
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Reasonably sized strollers and not as many of them when the majority of people brought their kids at appropriate ages.
Trees around the hub with the lovely sparkling lights at night.
Original Tomorrowland spires with fountains/falls. I am fine with the rest of the new Tomorrowland look, but the rocks are just stupid.
If You Had Wings
Circlevision or Circlevision/Timekeeper in Tomorrowland for the USA.
GE sponsorship of CoP
The seats moving in Mission to Mars...silly but fun.
People dressing up just a little more....they still do in DL!

Skyway

Epcot Universe of Energy pre-Ellen/Trebek
Journey Into Imagination
World of Motion

Relatively germ free entrance to the parks instead of this finger thing that everybody touches after their fingers have been who knows where that I have never seen be wiped down.

Being able to be spontaneous about where you wanted to eat, oh, and what rides you wanted to go on and when.
If my magic band worked properly, I wouldn't be so bitter, but it only worked correctly 3 times in 4 whole days.
All of that planning, only to worry about it each time.

Quick list of what I don't miss, just 'cause:
ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter
Mickey's Starland

brb1006

Watching Disney movies at the Contemporary Resort Movie Theater
The Star Trek sit down console game at the Fiesta Fun Center ("Welcome Aboard, Captain")
Contemporary resort shooting gallery
The multi-player sit down race car game at the Fiesta Fun Center
This little plastic "orange" juice cups with the straws (Yes, at the Fiesta Fun Center)
The "clack" sound of the old monorail doors opening.
The original monorail pilot uniforms
Sitting in the front and being able to do it multiple times on a trip because few people knew about it.
Me and my brother getting our own monorail car in the middle of the day and just bouncing around in it.
The original design of the monorail cars, not like subway cars.
20K Leagues
The time when there was no stage at all in front of the castle. It just seemed so much more grand.
The Magic shop on Main St. with the foam rocks, glow in the dark skulls, Adams magic tricks, and invisible dog leashes.
Penny Arcade
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Reasonably sized strollers and not as many of them when the majority of people brought their kids at appropriate ages.
Trees around the hub with the lovely sparkling lights at night.
Original Tomorrowland spires with fountains/falls. I am fine with the rest of the new Tomorrowland look, but the rocks are just stupid.
If You Had Wings
Circlevision or Circlevision/Timekeeper in Tomorrowland for the USA.
GE sponsorship of CoP
The seats moving in Mission to Mars...silly but fun.
People dressing up just a little more....they still do in DL!

Skyway

Epcot Universe of Energy pre-Ellen/Trebek
Journey Into Imagination
World of Motion

Relatively germ free entrance to the parks instead of this finger thing that everybody touches after their fingers have been who knows where that I have never seen be wiped down.

Being able to be spontaneous about where you wanted to eat, oh, and what rides you wanted to go on and when.
If my magic band worked properly, I wouldn't be so bitter, but it only worked correctly 3 times in 4 whole days.
All of that planning, only to worry about it each time.

Quick list of what I don't miss, just 'cause:
ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter
Mickey's Starland
I remember we watched "The Jungle Book" outside two pools at the All-Star Sports Resort a day before we went to Animal Kingdom which was fitting since I meet Baloo and King Louie that day.

SkipperMark74

Having first visited MK in 1973, what I miss the most are:

The Walt Disney Story - circa 1973, with the model of Western River Expedition

The House of Magic
- this shop had a wall full of monster masks, Haunted Mansion souvenir items, many magic tricks; a wonderful, spooky atmosphere

Tropical Serenade - the original version of the Tiki Room show with the Magic Fountain

Caribbean Plaza circa 1977 - the firing cannons on the roof, both live and recorded steel drum music, the Golden Galleon gift shop, the Caribbean arcade, and especially the barker parrot in front of the old POTC sign

Pirates of the Caribbean circa 1977
- the talking skull, Blackbeard as the captain of the ship in the bombardment scene, and the original treasure room finale with the drunken pirates and captured guards

Country Bear Jamboree - the full, unedited show

Haunted Mansion - the original show pacing which enabled you to see the full sequence of the changing portrait; the pictures with the eyes that followed you

Merlin's Magic Shop - not quite as nice as House of Magic but still pretty cool

20,000 Leagues - nothing could beat watching those Nautilus subs plying the lagoon on a rainy night

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - standing outside of the amazing façade at night, right across from 20K Leagues

Mickey Mouse Revue - absolutely classic Disney AA show, very heartwarming

mf1972

I miss, and this might be strange.. but when McDonald's fries were sold in Disney. Also, just the fact that happy meals used to have Disney toys.

And the Year of a Million Dreams. Loved that :)
we miss getting mcdonalds fries too. I was attacked my a small flock of birds 8-9 years ago. good for a laugh. cast member was nice enough to give me a new order for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom