What do you like to do AFTER Wishes in the Magic Kingdom?

ssidiouss@mac.c

I'm going to be in the Magic Kingdom on December 3rd.. Wishes is at 10, so its over by 10:30pm.. but the park is open until 11 so it leaves us with a good half hour to do something before heading back to our rooms.

What would you do after Wishes?

Do you think Space Mountain will be swamped at the end of the night? Hmm..

Craig & Lisa

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
I'm going to be in the Magic Kingdom on December 3rd.. Wishes is at 10, so its over by 10:30pm.. but the park is open until 11 so it leaves us with a good half hour to do something before heading back to our rooms.

:) well seeming that it takes forever to get out of the parks at that time I suggest that you pick a spot on Main Street get a snack and just people watch, you really can't fight the crowds to get anywhere so the easiest thing to do I think is to sit back and enjoy yourself.:D

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

The time right after Wishes is one of my favorite times of day while down there. Sitting with a snack and watching everyone head home is so relaxing and the perfect end to the day. I love seeing all the little kids passed out in their strollers or fast asleep in their parent's arms. :)

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Just curious - how is Wishes at 10 but the park is open till 11? Usually the park closes right when Wishes starts, or 3 hours later. That's strange.

Usually after Wishes my kids are exhausted and don't want to hang out so we fight the masses and take that 2 hour journey from the castle back to our room!

Upvote 0

WRE4ever

After Wishes I love to just sit somewhere and watch the people go by, and see all their face, the smiles on the adults, teenagers, and children, you can see the impact Disney really has on a person, and listening to the music after the show!! it is complete magic!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

A lot of times we try to get one or two more rides in after Wishes. Space Mtn and BTMR are usually empty at this time of night. Take advantage! Haunted Mansion is usually a ghost town as well!

It all depends on your energy level! Do what you want and feel like doing! If you feel like tr__________g it to Tomorrow Land or Adventure Land then go for it! If you feel like getting a root beer float and watching the stroller parade exit the park... then do that!

Don't try and overdo it if you're out of fuel! Remember, you're there to have fun and people watch! This is the best time to do it!

Upvote 0

WDWizard626

:D Wait out the Crowds after Wishes:p
Take my advice and wait out the crowds. After the show, find a cafe or shop to pass time as the crowds exit the park or find a nice place to sit down. Then, when the crowds have died down, exit the park. Trust me, It will be less sressfull and you wont have to deal with crowds. If you do not decide to wait out the crowds. You will have to wait a long time to exit the park gates, then wait forever in line to take the monorail or ferry to the parking lot, and after wait in the long line for the tram that will take you to your car, or wait in long lines to get on the bus. Then walk all the way to your hotel room. I dont know about you but I would wait for the crowds to leave. Trust me, I was in Magic Kingdom yesterday and we waited out the crowds on main street and we were fine, we just sat on a bench and ate a snack. And when the crowds were gone, we waited in lines but they were not as long as if we would have went right after Wishes.
Hope ya take my advice,

Wiz:p

Upvote 0

Yoop33

Waiting is no fun!! I SAY GO FOR IT!! We always have a race to see who can get out of the park the quickest from wherever we are in the park. Then we will either meet at the Express or the Resort mons (which ever seems shortest) and go from there. I like weaving in and out of people (without running of course) and see which one of my friends get stuck behind the old guy pushing his wife in the wheel chair with the rest of his family next to him creating a road block. Maybe it is just me cause I always feel like there is a compitition somewhere.
Plus there is planty more to do at Downtown Disney so get there quick.

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

I enjoy racing out of the parks too, but it does lose some magic. Both are good---I think it all depends on energy level! Don't plan it out every minute--leave a little time to relax!

On a side note: one thing that really bothers me is when people aren't respectful of guests using wheelchairs. If you've ever had to ride in a wheelchair, it is really scary to have people cut you off and have their elbows at your eye level. My mother-in-law has to be in a wheelchair sometimes at WDW because she has extensive health problems. It definitely wrecks the magic when people cut in front because the wheelchair user is so worried about getting hit or stepped on that the he/she can't enjoy the sights, smells and sounds of WDW. Please remember this when you're racing out of the park--it's easy to forget but it's really important! :)

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Laura22 said:
Just curious - how is Wishes at 10 but the park is open till 11? Usually the park closes right when Wishes starts, or 3 hours later. That's strange.

Usually after Wishes my kids are exhausted and don't want to hang out so we fight the masses and take that 2 hour journey from the castle back to our room!

The park is open often after wishes -- especially if the parade is after wishes is over.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Laura22 said:
Just curious - how is Wishes at 10 but the park is open till 11? Usually the park closes right when Wishes starts, or 3 hours later.

disneyworld.com shows Wishes at 10:00 with Spectro at 9:00 and 11:00.

Last year on Christmas night, I got a cookie ice cream sandwich (those things are HUGE!) and sat on a bench surrounding the center court directly facing Cinderella Castle and just relaxed until the crowds subsided.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

We love staying after Wishes. Grab a snack and watch the changing colors on the castle. The music is beautiful, and it becomes quite peaceful. If you stay long enough you can hear the goodnight announcement from Mickey! So I'd say stick around, you wont regret it.:)

Upvote 0

swimmom

wild01ride said:
disneyworld.com shows Wishes at 10:00 with Spectro at 9:00 and 11:00.

Last year on Christmas night, I got a cookie ice cream sandwich (those things are HUGE!) and sat on a bench surrounding the center court directly facing Cinderella Castle and just relaxed until the crowds subsided.
Since there's a second showing of Spectormagic at 11:00, I'd opt for Wishes at 10:00 and then hang around Main Street and see Spectromagic at 11:00.

Upvote 0

Buried20KLeague

ssidiouss@mac.c said:

Do you think Space Mountain will be swamped at the end of the night? Hmm..

A couple points...

1. The rides will be EMPTY, even though the park is open another hour. If you've got the energy, it's a great time to hit them.
2. If you're not in a hurry, stick around the hub in front of the castle after the official park closing time for "walt's kiss goodnight". Use the search feature on the site and you'll find plenty on it. It's not every night, so you need to know when it is before you go. And DON'T BOTHER ASKING ANY OF THE CAST MEMBERS WANDERING AROUND THAT NIGHT, because that's what I did and I had more people give me a lost look than I would have believed. It was VERY frustrating. Which is sad, because it's some of the best "Disney magic" we experience on our entire trip. It's a GREAT way to end your evening.

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

swimmom said:
Since there's a second showing of Spectormagic at 11:00, I'd opt for Wishes at 10:00 and then hang around Main Street and see Spectromagic at 11:00.

I agree. We always watch Wishes from the middle of Main Street. When it's over we grab a hot dog from Casey's, grab a seat on the curb and people watch until the parade starts. The 11:00 showing is much less crowded than the 9:00 showing so it saves lots of time from waiting to get a good seat. Front row seats are often availble within 10-15 minutes of showtime (or less depending on the season). Leaving the park after the second parade also makes for a much smoother exit. Wait times for buses and such are less and it's less crowded. It's also a great time for some last minute shopping on Main Street. I've never understood why so many people are so eager to leave the parks right after Wishes. Why waste time fighting the insane crowds when you can use that time to take in more magic?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom