What do you like best, about the All Stars?

barnebd5

Many of us who would love to stay in some of the deluxe resorts, simply just can't afford it. So we stay at one of the three All Star Resorts.

So now I would like to ask what are the things that you love most about these cheap but great resort hotels. Is it the Food Court, the Gift Shop, the themed pools, the nice rooms. I want to know.

The things I like are:
1.I love the feeling when you first walk into the lobby and it's so nice and cool after you were just outside in the heat.

2.The gift shop is a lot of fun to go into and buy shirts.

3.Of course the Food Court...the chicken strips and crinkle fries:slurp:

4.I like the elevator in each of the hotel room buildings...I know that sounds kinda stupid but this is about the little things to.

5.The pool...enough said:D

crazygirley

All of these things I will miss when I stay at AKL instead this summer.

I like the way you feel in the lobby, too. It even has a particular smell.

I always enjoyed walks around the complex, seeing all of the different displays people have set up in their windows, that was always fun.

You have got to love the food court, and if you go, I highly recommend a bananna split, Mmmm.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Upvote 0

bhg469

i have to say the price is great but the busses leave a lot to be desired. i dont stay there anymore because of it but to save money it cant be beat.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Actually, to be quite honest, the reason we aren't staying at the All-Star resorts anymore is because of the bus system there, too. That and the itty bitty room situation there.

Upvote 0

bhg469

When i stayed at all star music years ago the all star sports bus stop was under construction and they moved it to the parking lot between the resorts, we got out there cause it was closer to walk to our room. i dontk now if it was because we were young or what but we were in the very back building i wasnt too happy about that. then we had to stand on virutally every bus ride. since then the best bus set up by far is coronado. never have to wait long and the busses are rarely packed.

Upvote 0

David

We have stayed at All Stars our last three tiprs (2 times at Sports and once at Movies). We enjoy staying there because, obviously, you can save money which allows you to spend on other things. But even though it less expensive, you still have that Disney feel to it. I guess that the bus situation does leave a little to be desired and the rooms are smaller, but the only time we are in our rooms is to shower, sleep, and get ready for the day. When the parks are open, that's where we are.

As someone else wrote, they do have that certain smell that, as soon as you arrive and walk in the lobby, you know you are back at Disney. It's a little thing, but that's OK.

The Food Courts are always fun and you just have a family atmosphere throught the entire complex.

The larger than life cutouts and figures (especially at Movies) really lend themselves to that Disney feel. I don't know of any other hotels that offer as much Disney decoration as does Movies.

Other hotels may be fancier and to each his own, but we are already making plans for our next trip to Disney and All Stars

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Ok I never stayed there...always wanted too...

1) the themes...there so kool....and well detailed...especially in the movies and sports...

2) the pools...I loke the themed Idea...baseball diamond...piano pool...hockey rink....

3) The set ups....I think the All Stars have the best resort set ups....building wise....there close together...yet a comfortable distance away from each other....getting around the resort seems to be easy as well....

4) the overall feeling...This is what "Disney" resorts should be....these are kid-friendly and parent-friendly for the price...and allow for the same excitement of staying at a deluxe resort...

5) A true food court...and the way there themed to the resorts is awsome and well developed...

6) rooms...no there not the biggest....and not the highest for furnishings...but when you think of what you need (place to shower...po.op and sleep)...you can't beat the price and they arely cutely furnished with the detailed broders and posters....

7) The PRICE!

***Quick Question***
What are oyur thoughts on the AS compared to PC?
I know its not fully completed and opened....but would you guys stay there...

Upvote 0

Woody13

The price is great! The bus transportation is great too IMO. The best thing about the All Star Resorts is that they have ice machines that never seem to run out of ice! It is important to keep the beer ice cold at all times.

One problem at the All Star Resorts is that the towels are so plush and fluffy, I can barely get my suitcase closed! :lol:

Upvote 0

strutter

Well, we have only stayed at The All Star Movies, but we will be staying there again next year when we go. What I really like about it is:

1. Yes, the smell is unique and just thinking about it now makes me want to pack up and go.

2. I loved the Food Court. The theming is great and the food is more than adequate.

3. The game room was a blast. I could have spent all night in there if it wasn't for the fact that I needed to get some sleep.

4. The Fantasia Pool was great. We stayed in the Fantasia #8 building last August and we were right next to the pool on the second floor. It wasn't that noisy or crowded either.

5. The bussing was great. We never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes for a bus.

Still trying to plan on exactly when next year we can go. Can't wait though.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

All Stars

My husband and I went down for a fast trip ( a long weekend) we stayed at the movies and were pleasantly surprised. We normally stay at better hotels but because this was such a fast trip we decided not to 0verindulge. It was a very nice trip and we thought the place was great! We enjoyed the food court very much and the gift shop was nice. We also liked the laundrymat.......strange hah? Anyway, for families with little money it can't be beat and for a quick disney fix, we would do it again. Of course my heart is still with the Poly!

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

We stayed at All Star's Music 1x many years ago, and had a not so great experience... when we checked in, and were given our room key, we walked in to our room to find that the trash from the previous guest was still in the trash can, AND... the toilet was not even flushed, much less washed! We had a problem with our luggage getting to the room too... so for that reason we haven't stayed there again... BUT... We are planning a trip down this summer, and I am contemplating staying at All Star's Movies... only because we are on a tight budget this time. I hope we have a better experience, and from what most of you are saying, it should be just fine!! ?? ...I hope...

Upvote 0

Dwarful

The price, the price, the price...oh yeah did I say the price? We have always managed to get a great deal, last time paid $50 a night, had two connecting rooms (had 5 kids w/us) and this great rate allowed us to stay twice as long as we would have otherwise been able to.

We have stayed at all 3 all star resorts, i think the kids liked Movies best, although our nephews liked the looks of Sports. I also like the food court, good family meals, decent prices esp. after a long day in the parks.

Now in defense of the bus system, we have never had any problems w/the buses. No long waits..I think 10 minutes is a fair time. But then again we are frequent visitors to large cities and are used to city transportation systems, those from the suburbs who don't ride the bus on a regular basis might not be too happy.

I think it all depends on what kind of Disney person you are. If you are lucky enough to go on a regular basis( I mean several times a year) and you don't spend the whole day in the parks, then this resort probably isnt for you.

We go to Disney to see the parks. We use the room to shower, sleep and dress. So the size of the rooms are fine for us. Besides I don't like the idea of paying more for a hotel stay than my monthly mortgage payment! The theme is terrific, we have never had any problems with the cleanliness of the rooms, and housekeeping has always provided us with whatever extras we request (soaps, tiny towels LOL, etc).

my only regret is we have another whole year to go back :(

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
To me, Disney World is about big garish, overdone obnoxious family fun. I want to know I’m at Disney World when I’m there, and the All Stars are the only ones that do it for me.

Our favorite thing is “sneaking out”. The first year we went, my son and I snuck out to the vending machines while my wife was in the shower, and when she came out we were eating all kinds of junk.

That became something of a tradition, and, after a long day at the parks, either my wife or I would announce something like: “Gee, I’m really worn out, I think I’ll take a nice warm shower when we get back . . . And no SNEAKING OUT while I’m in there!" Of course there would always be a big pile of food waiting when she or I got out.

The last few times we’ve gone, my wife hasn’t gone with us, so now my son and I try to make it to the vending machines and back without anybody seeing us. So if you see two big kids crouching, running and ducking into doorways, that might be us.

Upvote 0
If you have young children you cant beat it. They love all the huge characters in the courtyards, especially sitting in RC from Toy Story. The food courts have a wide variety of food, even PB&J with mickey crazy straws. When they get older we will look to stay somewhere else but as the saying goes if its not broke then don't fix it.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Originally posted by garyhoov
To me, Disney World is about big garish, overdone obnoxious family fun. I want to know I’m at Disney World when I’m there, and the All Stars are the only ones that do it for me.

Our favorite thing is “sneaking out”. The first year we went, my son and I snuck out to the vending machines while my wife was in the shower, and when she came out we were eating all kinds of junk.

That became something of a tradition, and, after a long day at the parks, either my wife or I would announce something like: “Gee, I’m really worn out, I think I’ll take a nice warm shower when we get back . . . And no SNEAKING OUT while I’m in there!" Of course there would always be a big pile of food waiting when she or I got out.

The last few times we’ve gone, my wife hasn’t gone with us, so now my son and I try to make it to the vending machines and back without anybody seeing us. So if you see two big kids crouching, running and ducking into doorways, that might be us.

:lol: Halarious!

I think I like them the most because they truly allow you to get the MOST out of your Disney World vacation. As said above, you save HUGE amounts of money by staying there.

Say for example you stay at a moderate resort at $150 per night, compared to an All-Star, where the average price would be about $70:

All-Star price per week: $490.00

Moderate Price per week: $1050.00

Deluxe price per week: about $2000.00

Look at all that money you save, and what are you sacrificing? Next to nothing!

- You're still on property
- Great Theming
- Some of the best food courts
- Great pools
- Family atmosphere
- Fun atmosphere

I'd much rather spend my extra $500 - 1500 bucks INSIDE the parks rather than on a lousy hotel room. Not to mention the fact that we can all visit the other resorts anytime we please. It's no contest for me.

I would, however, consider a nicer resort if only staying for one or two nights, but for a week long stay (or longer), the All-Stars can't be beat!
:)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

yep well said! the kids like it and i like having extra cash for inside the parks. we told our girls that we can't stay anywhere else until we have stayed a certain number of times at the all stars! don't know what we will do when they realize that disney doesn't have those requirements!

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

At first, I really didn't like the idea of the All Star Resorts, but they've really grown on me

- I love being so close to AK and MGM
- I love the oversized nature of everything
- I love the food courts, and being able to get a meal and a drink after I get back from the parks
- I love the bus service, which seems to be a little better at the AS resorts (because of the number of guests staying there?)
- I love the themes ued in the resort, and the little details which compliment them. In the Fantasia section of ASMovies, you can find Donald and Daisy Duck. In the JAzz section of ASMusic, there's a New Orleans-style fountain and Jazz music plays in the background.

Upvote 0

Coronado

I like the people who stay there..... they pay with their own credit cards..... NOT the corporate card that so many people use in the more expensive places.... by the way... the view inside the all star resorts is exactly the same as the Contemporary when I am sleeping:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom