What do you HAVE to do when you visit?

EchoOfOphelia

I've got a bunch!

Wow, I've probably got waaaay too many. But I'll start typing and see where it gets me....

1. I always have to eat at the Sci-Fi Cafe in MGM Studios at least once because it sooo darn cool and they've got great food.

2. Rides that are a MUST GO ON:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Rock N' Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Carousel of Progress (when its running) :cry:
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Spash Mountain
Peter Pan
Snow White
Cranium Command in Wonders of Life
Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom
Kilaminjaro Safari
El Rio Del Tiempo in Mexico
Food Rocks!
Animation Tour at MGM
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Play It!

3. Go to the Marketplace and shop!

4. Eat at Fulton's Crab House in Pleasure Island

5. Go to Kissimee and visit the World's Largest Orange (its a store shaped like a giant orange)

Melora

Original Poster
Just to add....

From what we did last time...

I absolutely must eat at the Sci-Fi Dine In at MGM.. LOVE IT!!

My husband can't stop talking about going back and getting the odd drinks at the Coke igloo in Epcot.

The kids of course have to do TOT and RNR.. but not me... I went on both last time and (OK I'm a baby) I cried when I got strapped into TOT and realized I couldn't get out.... Then I was so scared I didn't know the drop was coming. My daughter went on it one time where she sat next to a very heavy man and when they closed the bar it wasn't touching her leg... she says she hovered off her seat with each drop so far that her rear didn't touch the seat.

I like the rainforest cafe so we will go back there....

Well I'm so excited that everything sounds great!!

EchoOfOphelia

Oh I forgot some!

1. Always get a chocolate milkshake from the Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom

2. Spend a million bucks on bottled water

3. Buy a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich

4. Take at least 10 rolls of film

General Grizz

Whenever I visit the Magic Kingdom, I HAVE to...

(1) See the Country Bear Jamboree at least twice
(2) See Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
(3) Enjoy "The Timekeeper" when open
(4) Ride either Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, or Pirates of the Caribbean
(5) Visit the City Hall and Main Street Emporium
(6) Ride the dark rides or It's a Small World

Whenever I visit EPCOT, I HAVE to...

(1) Ride Spaceship Earth
(2) Watch the American Adventure
(3) Visit Imagination!
(4) Visit Wonders of Life
(5) Visit MouseGear

A lot of my favorites are not on this list. However, this is simply what must be done during each and every trip!

CrisKennedy

MK:
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Tea Cups
Winnie the Pooh
Breakfast w/ Winnie & Friends @ Crystal Palace

MGM:
RnR Coaster
Star Tours

AK:
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur

Dinner for 2 @ Artist Pointe in WL

At least on breakfast @ Whispering Canyon in WL

A day @ DisneyQuest in DD

Round of mini-golf @ either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland

meeko_33785

MK:
Buzz Lightyear to try to improve my score
Visit the Expo Hall (new tradition from my last couple trips)

EPCOT:
See at least all the European countries in WS (UK, France, Germany, Italy, Norway) and Mexico.

MGM:
Animation Tour
One Man's Dream (another new tradition)
See whatever exhibit is at the AFI Showcase

AK:
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Maharajah Jungle Treck

All parks:
Get there at (or before) park opening
Character watching and taking pictures of them
Buy pins, key chains, and post cards

orangefan15

Eat many Mickey Ice Cream bars
See Illuminations at least twice
Go out on a watermouse on the lagoon
Take pictures with characters
Buy a t-shirt

mousecar

I think it's fun to find a spot for a picture and keep going there every visit for a new picture. Every year we get a character sketch done and pick different characters with our names and the date of our wedding anniversary. They come in really nice frames and look great on a wall all together!

Nansafan

First ride of every trip in MK is TTA. Last ride of every trip is TTA. Best picture we have of the castle is from TTA. New tradition started with this December trip. Walking past Italy in Epcot was a booth selling Chocolate Mousse, Tiramisu and some other delights. We had never seen this booth before. (Maybe it was crowded, maybe we just were'nt looking, who knows.) We have declared that we will be stopping for Choc. Mousse and Tiramisu at least once a trip from now on.

dimshady81

In the Magic Kingdom I can't leave before I ride all the mountains and get something from the bakery on Main Street.

In Epcot I can't go without seeing Illuminations!:D

Just two of the things I can't do without when I visit.

maureen ashton

To Melora; a Beaver Tail is a very flat deep fried pastry, thus the name Beaver Tail, covered in toppings such as Cinammon and Sugar, Jam, Powdered Sugar. They were invented and originally sold in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada from a log shack. The best Beaver Tail is in the middle of February as your skating on the Rideau Canal (in Ottawa) eating a Beaver Tail and drinking Hot Chocolate to get warm, it's heaven. But having one at Epcot in the warm sunshine is close.

We always go to MK on our first full day, the musts are having coffee cake from the Main Street bakery,ride PoC first, and do Tiki room second. Have to ride Splash and Big Thunder and can't leave without Dole Whip's, maybe two. MK is also the last park we do before heading home, so more of the same.

AK, must ride Kali as many times as possible, especially on a very hot day, keeps you wet and cool for the duration.

MGM, Muppets and animation studio

Epcot, Test Track at least twice, eat at the Land, Fiesta Marguaritas from Mexico

My sister collects the Popcorn buckets from each park and pressed pennies. I collect Christmas ornaments for the tree

A shopping trip or two to Downtown Disney

Adventurer's Club at PI

Melora

Original Poster
Thanks Maureen for the beaver info!

You reminded me that my 7 year old started his pessed penny collection last time we were there so we will have to get some that he missed!!

2 days and WDW here we come!!!

Nineinchnailsmk

i absolutly have to ride spaceship earth the moment we go into epcot. I also have a new thing that started this past trip in 2002. We MUST go to the Sleepy Hollow ??? "resturaunt/eatery" and get the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich. Its PERFECT. Its the one thats in Liberty Square next to the Hall of Presidents.
Its two huge warm cookies with ice cream in between. It is to die for. Pecos Bill's is also a place where we need to go from now on. The burgers are awesome too. There are a few things that are a must. We also have to go to the Adventurer's Club every time we to go WDW. I also love the WedWay People Mover (Tomorrowland Transit Authrity). Im sure ill think of more things!

Tramp

Originally posted by cindy_k
Sit at the Epcot bakery and watch my favorite fountain while enjoying coffee and a snack. Ahhhhh!

Cindy..

That place is SINFUL. The devil himself resides in there. It's like the 'Roach Motel'....once you go in, you don't come out.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom