What do you have to do to get a fastpass?

BiBi

in the park I’ve seen plenty of people using the fastpass lines, and while occasionally it’s someone in a Wheelchair and their family, much more often it’s large groups with no ECV or wheelchair among them. How did they manage that?
It's probably a group of people who have booked a private vip tour. They are very expensive but they have had them for awhile now since Disney World reopened. It's not a mystery when a large group that doesn't look handicapped go through the fast pass line.

Hcalvert

I just came back from a two week trip and based on what I witnessed, people are not being denied DAS right now. My brother got one for his son who has anxiety problems. After realizing that his son would hardly ride anything he told me it was unfair for his other three kids to miss out on shorter lines, so he went and got several other ones for his kids. The CMs didn't even blink an eye about it and added the passes to his magic band. This happened over several parks and different CMs. I don't agree with it and think it is wrong, but I wanted to share that this happened.

Last edited:

BiBi

DAS isn't a fast pass. When you use a DAS pass you go to where the cast members are at a ride or attraction. They look at the stand by time and then their watch to calculate a return time. If the standby time says 90 minutes and it's 2:00 pm the return time would be 3:30. They write that time on your pass and that's when you return to ride. You can go get out of the sun and rest in the shade or use the bathroom, etc. So when it's 3:30 you're allowed to return and then board from the fast pass line. All people who use the DAS have to wait. They're just allowed to wait somewhere else and not stand in line. Some people cannot be on their feet for that amount of time or have a sun allergy, etc. Just because they don't look like they have a disability doesn't mean they don't. So when you see these people going up and walking through the fast pass line you have no idea what their wait time was because you didn't see them when they were there before to get the return time.

Ricky Spanish

I just came back from a two week trip and based on what I witnessed, people are not being denied DAS right now. My brother got one for his son who has anxiety problems. After realizing that his son would hardly ride anything he told me it was unfair for his other three kids to miss out on shorter lines, so he went and got several other ones for his kids. The CMs didn't even blink an eye about it and added the passes to his magic band. This happened over several parks and different CMs. I don't agree with it and think it is wrong, but I wanted to share that this happened. The DAS lines were more crowded than I have ever seen them since reopening and not all were for rider switch as the majority of the parties were solely adults from what I saw.
99B74C39-E598-4628-9F83-093D8BB63B22.jpeg

TwoDisneyDorks

I just came back from a two week trip and based on what I witnessed, people are not being denied DAS right now. My brother got one for his son who has anxiety problems. After realizing that his son would hardly ride anything he told me it was unfair for his other three kids to miss out on shorter lines, so he went and got several other ones for his kids. The CMs didn't even blink an eye about it and added the passes to his magic band. This happened over several parks and different CMs. I don't agree with it and think it is wrong, but I wanted to share that this happened. The DAS lines were more crowded than I have ever seen them since reopening and not all were for rider switch as the majority of the parties were solely adults from what I saw.
I would have believed this prior to recent DAS changes, now not so much. Anyway, great job judging others that may have non-apparent disabilities! I guess it’s a good thing my husband has an LVAD so I can point to his driveline wire and batteries when people question why two 30-year old dudes are using DAS.

nickys

Premium Member
The DAS lines were more crowded than I have ever seen them since reopening and not all were for rider switch as the majority of the parties were solely adults from what I saw.
Just because your brother cheated the system, as you put it, doesn’t mean everyone else is doing it.
Did you read the earlier posts in the thread where it said as well as DAS and Rider Switch there are also VIP tours, Club 33, Golden Oak who are also using the lines. As well as guest recovery.

Oh and do you know how rider switch works? The baby / toddler would have been elsewhere as the second group go through the FP line. That’s how it works, the little ones never go through either line.

NickMaio

Again, read my previous posts. I am NOT judging people regarding them. I use the DAS line for myself due to a disability and sometimes my disability is noticeable and sometimes not. Maybe you should STOP judging people's intentions unless they specifically state them. I am upset that Disney allowed my brother to game the system and trust me, I am really disgusted with my brother over this--that was my intention.
Your post had a very judgemental tone.
You thought what your brother did was wrong, and the line being filled with adults, came across like everyone else were cheating the system, like your brother.
Thanks for clarifying though.....
Have fun on your vacation.
God I wish we could go this summer.
Stay safe

Hcalvert

Your post had a very judgemental tone.
You thought what your brother did was wrong, and the line being filled with adults, came across like everyone else were cheating the system, like your brother.
Thanks for clarifying though.....
Have fun on your vacation.
God I wish we could go this summer.
Stay safe
I am being judgemental of my brother, which I have a right to be since we were vacationing together and I was a direct witness to all of this and his true intentions. What he did was wrong and taught my nieces and nephews a terrible lesson. Does that mean he cares what I think? Nope. We disagree on a lot of things. I chose not to have it out with him about it because we were on vacation and trust me, I am not going with him again because of this. I got a temporary handicap placard for this trip because my disability was worsening and he even said he should have borrowed his mother-in-law's placard so he could get closer parking too. I don't think he realizes how offensive he is being toward me or maybe he does and doesn't care.

nickys

Premium Member
I wasn't suggesting that everyone else was cheating the system. Where did I say that? I shared an observation that there was a lot of adults in the line--they could have been their due to having a disability, Club 33, Golden Oak, or who knows what. I was not making a judgement about it. Stop reading more into what I say and being adversarial just for the heck of it and making more than it is.
My apologies. I mis-read your post as “there are a lot of people in the FP line and my brother managed to game the system so therefore they must be handing out DAS to everyone”.

The VIP tours are booked solid right now and my guess is they’ll account for the majority of those using the FP lines.

juventus

Here is how I got 3 a day for my next trip:

Due to promises made by Disney when I tapped into DHS back in March 2020 and went straight to guest relations and told them I was leaving half way into our 12 day trip due to covid fears (this was a day before the announced closure), we have 3 experience access passes for each day of our August trip (Essentially 3 wide open fastpasses for each day good for any ride except RotR). They appear in My Itenerary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom