What do you enjoy that is free or under $5?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I was going to say hiking... but then I have to drive, I’ve invested in fancy socks and boots, water bottles etc.

Not much free in our world these days!
We all need footwear, socks and to drink water. So....If your drive to the start of the hiking is only an hour or less, then that counts :cool:;)

LondonGopher

Good thread idea!

I live in London - and my family enjoys attending concerts and shows for free. The BBC always needs bums in seats for radio and television programmes. We've seen many classical and jazz concerts - and a few quiz shows. A good - and totally free - night out in our very expensive city!

Also available for folks in Glasgow, Manchester, Belfast & Cardiff. Just search "BBC Shows Tours". :)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Good thread idea!

I live in London - and my family enjoys attending concerts and shows for free. The BBC always needs bums in seats for radio and television programmes. We've seen many classical and jazz concerts - and a few quiz shows. A good - and totally free - night out in our very expensive city!

Also available for folks in Glasgow, Manchester, Belfast & Cardiff. Just search "BBC Shows Tours". :)
Thanks for complimenting this thread. I enjoyed your post and I envy your opportunity to see so many BBC programmes live- in person☺

Lilofan

The title says it all. Can't wait to read what people enjoy doing that doesn't cost a thing. Or if you have an activity that is dirt cheap then go ahead and share that as well😊.......Edit a couple of hours later: Something you do or something you enjoy in everyday life. NOT when you are on vacation out of state. Thanks😉
Working out in the gym. $20 monthly membership which is less than $1 a day.

epcotisbest

There is a whitewater river just north of us and sometimes we will go up there and hike down to a section of class five rapids and watch the rafters and kayakers attemp to make it through. Very entertaining.
Sometimes we'll even take a picnic with us, but then you have costs associated with the meal, especially if we stop for takeout instead of packing our own sandwiches, but, you gotta eat either way.
There is still the cost of gas to get there, but only about a 30 minute drive, so a couple of gallons of gas makes it not exactly free, but close enough.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom