What do you do b/w WDW visits?

RebeccaQ

DisneyWood said:
Well, my family went to WDW this past October for 8 days and we stayed @ DAKL. We had a fabulous time. We are now expecting our 3rd child (son is 3 & daughter is 1). We are wanting our children to be a little older for our next trip, possibly 2 years from this fall.

We also do all the things mentioned here. But I just wanted to say that you never know when you will end up back again. We said we would wait "a few years" when I was pregnant for my daughter. Because of that, we "snuck in" a trip toward the end of the preganacy (we were going to skip that year originally) so that we could get my son over ther before waiting a few years to go back after the baby. Then we also ended up going back the next year anyway and my daughter loved it even though she was under a year old.

So you never know. We had been set on skipping a year then set on skipping a few years - and quite frankly if someone had told us 5 years ago that it would be an annual thing for us, we would have called them crazy. But now I think we have pretty much resigned ourselves to being once a year or more visitors - we just love it too much - and my husband was originally quite non-Disney!

Oh - is there anyone else on here that your kids get worried about you being too wound up and nutty about getting ready for a trip? We have one coming up very soon and I am already running around the house asking the kids "guess who we are going to see in 12 days - do you know where we are going to be very soon? - who wants to watch tape from last year?" etc.

Fantasmic!329

raven said:
What do I do between visits? Go crazy! :p

Actually after a recent trip to WDW it takes a couple of months before I'm geared up again. Then I get onto these boards and start making posts. That's usually an indication that I'm ready to get going again. :wave:

I totally agree. It usually takes me about two months before I am really going crazy for Disney again.

Mom's the word

Scrapbooking helps too. I don't do anything super fancy, just have a big old scrapbook for all our memorabilia - we have napkins, fast passes, stir sticks, old tickets, brochures, parking vouchers and all kinds of other stuff that goes back to the 70's because I was the one in my family who kept all that stuff while we were growing up. I read this site and allearsnet almost every day for my fix, sit in our Disney themed study and listen to our compilation of Disney music on the computer. And I plan the next trip . . . 5 days and counting!!!

dalayney

I actually am a big scrapbooker, (do it for a living) and find that after I got back from our first trip, I really enjoyed scrapping all of our photos and journal in the album. I really take my time doing this as it makes me just re-live the memories. (although the first trip was a doozy, see other post)
Then we have a gorgeous album all done up that my son and our whole family get to look at. It really helped my son who was 3 at the time, remember alot about our trip.
Dalayney:kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom