What do you consider the best and worst expansion/new land added to WDW in the 2010's?

Djsfantasi

Tie for Best!
Pandora and GE both have incredible theming and execution. Both have one, single good attraction. And one meh: Navi and Smugglers Run (and SR’s interactive elements are a fail*)

Tie for Worst!
Toy Story and New Fantasyland.

TS is too small for what’s there. If there’s even just a small crowd, you’re packed in like sardines. There is one route through it and the walkway in front of the coaster can’t handle the traffic.

My reaction to New Fantasyland can be summed up by a Peggy Lee song, Is That All There Is! While the traffic patterns have more room to maneuver, there’s nothing there!

mf1972

i hope over time GE gets an expansion. with the movies, shows, etc, there’s so much potential for another ride/attraction. on a side note, i’d like to see an expansion for the muppets. they deserve more than a 3D movie, gift shop, & a pizza parlor. they deserve a ride.

bryanfze55

They were both about as long only one ate up a lot more people.
It was also accessible by all guests, whereas 7DMT is out of reach for those 3 and younger. (on average). It could have been “plussed” and remained rather than being turned into a meet and greet. Not sure if you’ve seen Disneyland’s version, but I’d encourage you to watch it on YouTube if not. They “plussed” theirs and it is full of scenery and special effects. It honestly puts 7DMT to shame.

bhg469

It was also accessible by all guests, whereas 7DMT is out of reach for those 3 and younger. (on average). It could have been “plussed” and remained rather than being turned into a meet and greet. Not sure if you’ve seen Disneyland’s version, but I’d encourage you to watch it on YouTube if not. They “plussed” theirs and it is full of scenery and special effects. It honestly puts 7DMT to shame.
Yup it has been a long time but we have been on the DL version. It's a shame that WDW never had Alice in wonderland as well.

rio

I’m going to say Toy Story Land. It’s a good land and was something Hollywood Studios needed, but it needed to be twice as big (like it is overseas), and have more shade.

Really that’s my complaint with Pandora and Galaxy’s Edge too. There needs to be more attractions and experiences to soak up crowds, and neither of those lands utilizes it’s space all that well.

Ldno

We all know Disney dropped the ball on Galaxies Edge when they still plan to use the Launch Bay and want to bring characters outside their ST for photoops. Why they never did this inside the empty spaces in batuu is beyond me. I'm not going to lie Disneyland's use of Galaxies Edge works better than Hollywood studios!

J4546

i hope over time GE gets an expansion. with the movies, shows, etc, there’s so much potential for another ride/attraction. on a side note, i’d like to see an expansion for the muppets. they deserve more than a 3D movie, gift shop, & a pizza parlor. they deserve a ride.
Im sure GE will get a sit down restaraunt in the near future, also has some expansion plots on both lands.

ALso I agree about Muppets, they should have put Muppets in Splash Mountain in MK instad of PatF and built a New Orelans waterfront area for PatF

mf1972

Im sure GE will get a sit down restaraunt in the near future, also has some expansion plots on both lands.

ALso I agree about Muppets, they should have put Muppets in Splash Mountain in MK instad of PatF and built a New Orelans waterfront area for PatF
muppets mountain does have a nice ring to it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom