What do you consider the best and worst expansion/new land added to WDW in the 2010's?

FutureCEO

Car's land is not WDW so.....

Pandora is great though I'm not a fan of the movie.

Star Wars could be amazing if they didn't stick with the Disney trilogy. I like Star Tours better than Millennium Falcon. I just like to go on rides and not push buttons.

Fantasyland is mehhhh.

Toy Story seems like they just wanted to plop a small land in the park.

I would like more than two rides per land though.

bryanfze55

Not hard here…

Best is pandora

Worst is the farce awakens/solo land. (Not from a technical standpoint…just how awful management is/was at understanding that IP)

I love carsland…but I still feel like they needed to add something else in the years since.

That goes for near all “minilands”…like that should be phase 1…or it starts to rot
You would consider Cars Land a mini land?

wdwfan4ver

All of these new land expansions in WDW are flawed but the best is Pandora although I am not a fan of the movie or Navi River Journey.

Toy story land is the worst.

Last edited:

bryanfze55

Anything with 3 or less rides and/or no sitdown dining can be a mini land…in my book.

But that’s just an arbitrary opinion.

The “minilands” in Orlando have gotten far worse of late
Yeah I’m not sure how I’d define it, but 3 rides doesn’t strike me as inherently “mini.” Many of the legacy lands only have 1-2… but they tend to punch above their weight.

Ldno

I’ve been watching the four toy story movies on repeat because of the kids and the only thing I wish Toy Story Land had was a Pizza Planet, I’ve been to the one in Disneyland but I would had loved a starport, arcades, pizza at least LOL. Instead we get Woody’s Lunch box and stand outside with the elements no matter what Season.

bhg469

I’ve been watching the four toy story movies on repeat because of the kids and the only thing I wish Toy Story Land had was a Pizza Planet, I’ve been to the one in Disneyland but I would had loved a starport, arcades, pizza at least LOL. Instead we get Woody’s Lunch box and stand outside with the elements no matter what Season.
Hey there's also roundup rodeo BBQ.... Oh wait...

MickeyLuv'r

On the one hand, I appreciate WDW adding new attractions, even if they are less than perfect.
1.Toy Story Land- Love the way we are shrunk down, and all the details in the games/toys. TSM and Slinky are fun. Aliens, while not a blockbuster, is just the kind of attraction WDW needs to add, IMO. Would also like WDW to add a worthy version of Pizza Planet.

2. Pandora- The area is interesting. FoP is decent enough. Na'vi is just okay. The quick serve is tasty. The merchandise is okay.

3. New Fanatasyland- It added needed attractions. 7DMT is okay, cute if too short. LM is okay. It could have been better. Wish the area had more attractions. The QS food areas fall short. I'm not drawn to order anything. BOG was decent when it was new, but they lost me when WDW raised prices to $$$. I wish they had made it more full-on character meal. The idea has more potential than what WDW delivered. I still think adding alcohol and more than one castle was a mistake.

4. Galaxy's Edge- SW had so much potential, this whole area is a miss for me. Millenium Falcon deserves a better attraction. The game part of the ride is sooo lame. The best part of the land is the QS food at Docking Bay 7. The merchandise IMO, is way too overpriced. The area feels forced/contrived to me. I don't feel like I am exploring an exciting location, just like the whole area was an excuse to sell SW crap.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They had one…it had some terrible concoction they called “pizza”

drod1985

1. Galaxy's Edge - Home run in terms of theming and immersion, innovative marquee ride and really well themed secondary ride. I do wish there was one more attraction or activity here as the rest of the land is supported by shopping/merchandise experiences.
  2. Pandora - Another home run in theming and food. Loose fit for Animal Kingdom, and River Journey is a bit underwhelming.
  3. Toy Story Land - Needed way more shade and a better ride than Swirling Saucers, but the theming and overall vibe is fun.
  4. New Fantasy Land - Feels like a very low ROI on that amount of space. BOG was cool the one time I went to it, Little Mermaid is a fine time killing attraction...but otherwise it is just kinda empty. Some of the less successful executions of forced perspective with Beast's castle and Rapunzel's tower as well.

bryanfze55

The one at Disneyland really falls short. It’s Pizza Planet in name only. There is no theming in there that indicates it’s meant to be from Toy Story.

Does Disney not realize how much money they could make if they put a claw machine full of green aliens in the restaurant?

Ldno

They had one…it had some terrible concoction they called “pizza”
I remember this haha, it was next to the Muppets place I remember 😭
The one at Disneyland really falls short. It’s Pizza Planet in name only. There is no theming in there that indicates it’s meant to be from Toy Story.

Does Disney not realize how much money they could make if they put a claw machine full of green aliens in the restaurant?
It really Does fall short, im still baffled we never an Al Toy Barn store or any legit pizza planet goods other than shirts, instead they themed with a backyard we never ever saw in the movies and almost zero shade, even toy story 4 is set an amusement park 🤔

disneyfireman

Pandora. Galaxies edge would have been if they made it from LUCAS movies...Episodes 1-6. not the Disaster of nonsense that 7-9 is. Thankfully Mandalorian is done by John and Dave. Keep Kennedy as far away from anything Star Wars...including Galaxies edge..
Sadly...Galaxies edge...just could have been so much more.....Pandora on the other hand.....job well done.

J4546

Now that Galaxies Edge doesnt take place in a certain timeline and is more of a generic star wars land, I think that bumped GE up a notch for me. Much better imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom