What do you bring home from the World to keep the magic going?

I love to cook so I like to ask for favorite recipes at retaurants during the trip and get little things like cookie cutters, cake pans, and all things shaped like Mickey to add a little magic to meals at home. I also have to stock up at Basin and get an ornament at the Christmas shop in DTD. I love to get unique things at Epcot too; like pottery in Mexico, or something cool in Japan or China. Actually when I type it out it appears I may have a bit of a WDW shopping problem:(

And I always take home a new map from each park. I love to see whats new/different from year to year.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
An empty wallet.

Nothing says "I just had a WDW vacation" than that.

In all seriousness, it has always been T-Shirts, but this past year we bullsh*t spending money on souvenirs, including ride posters, some pill boxes and my new favorite mug of all time
"por favor mentenga aljedo di mi cafe" travel mug. Sweet.

StarWarsGirl

Interesting...you collect Dumbos
Yes. Dumbo was the equivalent of other kids' blankies (ya know, that one thing they can't sleep without) and I've always adored Dumbo. I started accumulating Dumbos when my parents would buy me new ones because my original got raggedy. It didn't matter; he was still #1, but the collection would grow every time a new one was released. It also includes elephants. Total I've got 20 Dumbos, probably 40 elephants. I haven't counted recently. I also have Dumbo artwork in my room. I had the Dumbo attraction addition for my monorail set. Next addition is the Dumbo/Mrs. Jumbo set, then I'll probably start on the figurines.

mrdisman

Yes. Dumbo was the equivalent of other kids' blankies (ya know, that one thing they can't sleep without) and I've always adored Dumbo. I started accumulating Dumbos when my parents would buy me new ones because my original got raggedy. It didn't matter; he was still #1, but the collection would grow every time a new one was released. It also includes elephants. Total I've got 20 Dumbos, probably 40 elephants. I haven't counted recently. I also have Dumbo artwork in my room. I had the Dumbo attraction addition for my monorail set. Next addition is the Dumbo/Mrs. Jumbo set, then I'll probably start on the figurines.

You are so cute!

StarWarsGirl

You are so cute!
Aww, thanks. I try, I really try.;)

To add to cute factor, I still have all of my Disney princess dolls (the ones that are similar to the Barbie dolls). Mermaid Ariel, Aurora, and Prince Philip reside in my room while Belle, Human Ariel, Cinderella, Jasmine, and the Beast all reside in the basement on a shelf. We have a Disney nostalgia theme going down there, so we've got some "classic Disney" stuff going, a picture of the original MK map on the wall, Small World stuff, something that has part of the contemporary mural on it, etc.

mrdisman

Aww, thanks. I try, I really try.;)

To add to cute factor, I still have all of my Disney princess dolls (the ones that are similar to the Barbie dolls). Mermaid Ariel, Aurora, and Prince Philip reside in my room while Belle, Human Ariel, Cinderella, Jasmine, and the Beast all reside in the basement on a shelf. We have a Disney nostalgia theme going down there, so we've got some "classic Disney" stuff going, a picture of the original MK map on the wall, Small World stuff, something that has part of the contemporary mural on it, etc.

I think it comes natural

StarWarsGirl

I think it comes natural
Yeah, that too. :) That's actually how I got my name. Full name is Marisa, and I hate it, but my grandmother nicknamed me Missy because I was little and cute. It kind of stuck. :rolleyes: It fits. I'm still only 5 ft...my 11-year-old brother will have surpassed me in height by next year.

mrdisman

Yeah, that too. :) That's actually how I got my name. Full name is Marisa, and I hate it, but my grandmother nicknamed me Missy because I was little and cute. It kind of stuck. :rolleyes: It fits. I'm still only 5 ft...my 11-year-old brother will have surpassed me in height by next year.

Marisa..is a beautiful name. How would you like to be a guy stuck with a girls name?

StarWarsGirl

Marisa..is a beautiful name. How would you like to be a guy stuck with a girls name?
Thanks. It was the only name my parents could agree on apparently. I prefer my nickname. Marisa quite frequently gets twisted into Melissa, Arissa, Martha...Missy just about never gets twisted or forgotten. A few times it's gotten into Misty and Izzy, but it's infrequent. People can usually remember it while no one remembers Marisa. Plus no one knows how to spell Marisa. Marrisa, Marissa, Marrissa, Merissa are all ways that I've seen people attempt to spell it:rolleyes: . No one misspells Missy.

I have an idea, my middle name is Lee...

mrdisman

Thanks. It was the only name my parents could agree on apparently. I prefer my nickname. Marisa quite frequently gets twisted into Melissa, Arissa, Martha...Missy just about never gets twisted or forgotten. A few times it's gotten into Misty and Izzy, but it's infrequent. People can usually remember it while no one remembers Marisa. Plus no one knows how to spell Marisa. Marrisa, Marissa, Marrissa, Merissa are all ways that I've seen people attempt to spell it:rolleyes: . No one misspells Missy.

I have an idea, my middle name is Lee...

Umm girls can get away with a lot more

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom