What do use to tote things around the world?

We are leaving for the world next week and the wife and I had a "discussion" about what to use to tote things at the parks.
As we have a 4 year old I suggested a stroller, but she said a stroller is to much trouble getting on the busses, monorails, etc. Then she suggested a backpack. Just wondering what every one else uses.
Oh yea there is 6 people in our group.(3 kids).

tink81

I can suggest a small backpack, one of those drawstring things. They aren't as bulky as regular backpacks and as long as you don't load it down with stuff, it's more lightweight and won't cause your back to sweat (ew). I bought mine at a Sports Authority, it made by Under Armor but I am sure you can find them anywhere sporting goods are sold. Look in the sports duffel aisle.

Upvote 0

daverube

We like to go unencumbered, so we don't take carry-ons. In fact, the most I've ever brought into the park is a case for my glasses that will fit into my pocket. Then again, we don't have kids and realize that at some point we'll more than likely be encumbered. That said, you can always utilize a small travelling case (like what is used for toting a digital camera or digital video camera) that has a strap so as to keep your hands unencumbered.

dave

Upvote 0

3fordisney

We used to use a backpack. Now that we only have to tote a camera and maybe some hand sanitizer, we use a pack size bag. We find it much easier than a backpack. Since cameras are so small in size, ours fits right in with plenty of room to spare. Strollers are too much trouble to get on and off the buses. If you need to use a stroller, I highly suggest renting from the park. Its so easy and you can pay for your rentals in advance.

Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0
I try to get away with a small drawstring backpack--just big enough to hold the camera, sunglasses, some sunscreen, and a few other small things, but if we go during a time of year when the weather is more unpredictable (drastic temperature difference between mid afternoon and night or frequent rain storms) I usually carry a regular size backpack to be able to fit sweatshirts and/or rain gear (I'm not a big fan of the bright yellow mickey ponchos so I usually bring a really light weight rain jacket). Since my hubby is not a big fan of going back to the room in the middle of the day we have to pretty much be set when we leave the room in the morning.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I just use my camera bag. The only things I've had to tote around are my camera and small things that can fit in the camera bag, like pad of paper and pencil (when I was keeping track of how much all the meals and other purchases cost) and film. Of course, there are the things we purchase, but we try to do that towards the end of the evening so we don't have to lug it around as long.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I use a small drawstring bag/purse. It's wonderful. It holds all the things I necessarily need...such as camera, wallet, video camera, possibly rain ponchos, sunscreen, and it's really easy to carry...because I jus strap it around my back. Then when I ride a ride, I put my leg through the strap to hold it in place.

Upvote 0

sandman50

A stroller saves us from carrying tired kids quite often.
Then when they're walking it carries the backpack.
An umbrella stroller costs next to nothing and folds up pretty well.
Worth the small extra effort to me.

rich

Upvote 0

ELopez

I would be surprised if you didn't need a stroller, particularly at EPCOT and AK. We like to take our own, but others like to rent. We keep everything in the stroller except valuables (camera, etc). We keep those in a backpack that we take with us on rides. Have fun!

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

As a parent of child who visited WDW 4 times when he was 4 y/o, I absolutely suggest the use of a stroller. The child may seem like such a "big kid" now, but all that walking and standing will quickly take a toll on those lil' legs and feet, especially in 85-90 degree temperatures. We let our son walk for the first couple of hours, but he inevitably will need a break and just thinking of carrying 45+ pounds on a muggy day isn't too pleasant.

Also, it's convenient for quick power naps to keep the wee one happy. We also utilize the undercarriage basket for the small backpack we usually bring. Finally, at the end of a looooooong, fun day..........do you think you'll have the energy to carry a tired, and perhaps cranky, child back to the parking lot?

Upvote 0

Teenchy

My better half uses me tote everything around the parks.

I can also be rented for free with an all expense paid trip to help you tote your things around. :D

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Cargo pants.

If it doesn't fit - I must leave it behind.

Thats exactly what I was thinking and do. I get a kick out of thease ppl who have a huge pack with huge water bottles like they are going into the outback of australlia or somewhere. I dont think there is a place at any park where you cant stand in one spot and see at least 2 drink carts. And dont forget the mesh pockets with the Universal parkmaps and the seaworld poncho rolled up underneath. If you have a special needs person with you or a small child (not the 6 year old who still rides in a stroller who should be walking for the exercise) its one thing but otherwise leave all that extra crap in your room. As far as strollers go with a umbrella and nothing bigger. And dont carry that diaper bag that you carry in the car thats good for 3 weeks before it needs to be restocked. For those of you who have ridden a Disney bus before you know what im talking about. Remember that all that stuff you pile in the bottom of that monster stroller all day will have to come out to get on the bus at night when one of you will already have your hands full holding the little one who is asleap while you fold up the limo stroller that looked so great in the store.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

actually we take less and less because of the security search.

We do have our camera bag.

We use to take a Disney Quest back pack we received free when Disney had a Silver Plan

Upvote 0

raven

I have a very soft cloth navy green backpack that I use. I've carried it for years and got it from Old Navy but they don't make them anymore. It has no zippers but a pull string and strap for the main compartment. I've had no troubles getting through security with it and it's very easy to fling over a shoulder. :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

With security the way it is now, just aviod anything large. Also, when I took my cousins I had each of us pack a bag with what we wanted to carry. After half a day, their bags were back in the hotel with no complaining. Unless you think you really need it, leave it at home! I've lost too much doing it the other way!

Upvote 0

Scooter

We always take a backpack.
It has lots of room for all those souvineers we buy.
We are concidering buying a "Clear" back pack for our next trip.
Hopefully it will get us through security quicker.

Upvote 0

AEfx

I can suggest a small backpack, one of those drawstring things. They aren't as bulky as regular backpacks and as long as you don't load it down with stuff, it's more lightweight

Best in my view, as well. It's also quick and easy to open all the way, but also quick and easy to secure (one nice tug and snap the little plastic do-hickey into place). I really find that nice in a theme park setting where you may need to unexpectedly move quickly.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom