What do u recommend for BEST Epcot counter-service lunch?

duchess1576

I heard Sunshine Food Fair is closed all next month, is that true? That place has a little bit of everything from different countries, right? Is it like a food court?

There isn't one particular country that we really want to eat at.

If we don't eat there, I though Electric Umbrella or Fountain View? Which is better?

shoppingnut

Master Yoda said:
This is a very off the wall idea that my family and I did for lunch one day. Go to Beaches n’ Cream at the Beach Club (I believe you can take a boat rid there that picks up between England and France.) and order The Kitchen Sink. The Kitchen Sink is a mammoth size Sunday that has one scoop of every flavor ice cream, every topping they have, about 20 cherries and a full can of whip cream. You children will think that you are the coolest parent in the world for letting them eat ice cream for lunch and you will have a great time. The Kitchen Sink is about $22 and drinks are about $2 each.

Now that sounds like a plan to me. Yummmmmmmmm!!!

Upvote 0

barnum42

Master Yoda said:
This is a very off the wall idea that my family and I did for lunch one day. Go to Beaches n’ Cream at the Beach Club (I believe you can take a boat rid there that picks up between England and France.) and order The Kitchen Sink. The Kitchen Sink is a mammoth size Sunday that has one scoop of every flavor ice cream, every topping they have, about 20 cherries and a full can of whip cream. You children will think that you are the coolest parent in the world for letting them eat ice cream for lunch and you will have a great time. The Kitchen Sink is about $22 and drinks are about $2 each.
I saw that behemoth on the Travel Channel - I think it's actually TWO scoops of most flavours and one of a couple of others.

I love your plan - especially with a family it has to make for a great photo opportunity.

Upvote 0

goofyman

Electric umbrella is one of our fav. We have heard good things about Mexico, Although we have not tried except for margaritas which i would say were the worst ones I have ever had! for that fact they are only thing I have ever eaten at WDW that i did not like at all!
The Mexican full serv rest. is wonderful

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

A couple of years ago I would have said the Counter Service Chinese Rest., but since they changed the menu, it's only ok.
I LOVE the French pastry shop, but only for the desserts. Of course I've never tried the quiche. I'm sure it's tres yummy.
We used to always eat in the Land at the Sunshine Food Fair.
Electric Umbrella is ok, the menu has interesting items.
I'd definitely go with the sit down places at Epcot if you can afford it though.

Upvote 0

pea_pod

Personally I really liked the fish 'n chips in the U.K. I also very much enjoyed being able to have my supper on the terrace there, really nice view

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

MYW Counter Service at Epcot

Unfortunately, if you are using the MYW Dining Plan, most of the counter service recommendations in this thread are not included - not Morocco, not Mexico. Our day at Epcot was our most difficult (our ONLY difficult) day on the plan. We didn't want burgers or hot dogs and were eating at Akershus that night. Even the lunch counter in Germany was serving only bratwurst dogs and hot dogs! Our only remaining choice was Fish and Chips, and we really weren't that impressed with them. We headed back to the resort shortly after lunch and our daughter waited to eat at the food court. Her meal looked wonderful. We wished we had all waited! The Krigla something Bakery at Norway is included as a counter meal and the menu there looked interesting. In retrospect we should have gone there even though we were eating at Akershus that night.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

I would recomend either Counter service at American Adventure, Electric umbrella or the fish and chips at the rose and crown. My all time best pick would have been the sunshine food fair at the land. But we will have to wait and see if the replacement is as good. You could always try my lunch plan.................Deserts from around the world!

Upvote 0

Scooter

pea_pod said:
Personally I really liked the fish 'n chips in the U.K. I also very much enjoyed being able to have my supper on the terrace there, really nice view

If you can find a place to sit down. :mad:

Every time my wife and I go for Fish and Chips the terrace is always full and we have to walk around with our food until we find a bench or some place else to sit and eat.

We usually end up in the gardens at The United Kingdom and people walk by and stare at us while we are eating. :lookaroun

They need more tables on the Terrace!

That said...we LOVE the Fish and Chips and we get them on every trip. :slurp:

Upvote 0

calidisneygirl

Wow! I must totally be out of it, I have never eaten at Sunshine's. We love the fish and chips in GB, counter service in Japan (I'm sorry I don't know the name), Kringla bakery in Norway and bratwurst in Germany... we don't eat them all in one day. We usually have the princess b-fast one day and a counter service lunch on that day. On our other day we have a sit down lunch usually Alfredo's in Italy. I do loooove france for pastries though!!

Upvote 0

Stinkerbell

The chicken strips and chocolate pie at Electric Umbrella are good. :slurp: If you eat there, be sure to check out the talking trash can near the fixins' bar. :lol:

Upvote 0

Highland_Holly

Lauriebar said:
We always enjoy a light lunch at the pastry shop in France. They have croissant sandwiches, quiche, bread and cheese plates that are so yummy! Afterwards, their pastries are incredible!!

Part of what makes it enjoyable for us are the cafe tables that they have right outside the shop. The area is quiet, out of the way and great for people watching!!

This is by far our favorite EPCOT lunch spot! Very affordable too. It is nice to get off the beaten path a bit and eat there in that cafe area OR take the food with you and dine lagoon-side while waiting for Illuminations to begin.

Holly :kiss:

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I have always had a great meal at the counter service in Mexico and China. I would also think that these 2 places would be great for kids since I think most kids like tacos or sweet and sour chicken. And I dont know if it is there anymore, but there used to be a great place in France (I want to say it was a bistro?) It was outside but under cover, and not counter service, but they had more simple food, like wonderful sandwiches and soups.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom