What do resort guests do during a hurricane?

CiNdErELLiE930

I was at POP Century and when the food court closed, they handed out all types of chips. We snatched up a bunch and had cheetos and snickers from the vending machines for dinner. Many people were outside altho they did tell us to stay in their rooms. But curiosity about how winds that strong felt, got most people out to feel it for themselves. Watched the 3 disney movies, but also a lot of hurricane coverage on t.v., just to add to our being scared.

We have annual passes, so the free day didn't count for too much, but we went to MGM till 1:00 p.m. and just rode Tower of Terror and ROckn Roller Coaster. IT was not that crowded so we rode them a lot. Lots of trees down on Disney property, but that is the only damage we saw. Lot of damage elsewhere tho. We never lost power either, just proving that Disney is really a magical place.

nikimsu2002

I was at the Beach Club last Friday. The people at Disney did a GREAT job taking care of us. They had some of the characters in the lobby during the afternoon and sold boxed lunches for $3. At dinner time, they were taking names for a buffet in Cape May Cafe, but for $20 you could go through the buffet once and not have to wait 2 1/2 hours to sit in the restaurant (definately worth it!). We went to the hotel shop to get some snacks and drinks for the night and it was insane. People were in there buying everything they could. Around 8:00 they sent everyone back to their rooms and told us to close our blinds and put the furniture in front of them. The maids had brought in the patio furniture that morning too.

We went to MGM when they opened at 8:00 and stayed until just before they closed at 1. We didn't wait in any lines at the park and were able to walk on everything we wanted to ride. Not sure if that was the case at Rock N Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror since we didn't want to ride those rides, but everything else had no lines. I even got to spend quite a bit of one-on-one time with Lilo and Stitch (which was GREAT for me since they're my favorites). A lot of the little snack stands and souvenier stands didn't open on Friday either. They were all boarded up and had been emptied the night before (I know this cuz we were in MGM the night before and saw them doing it.)

TheDisneyGirl02

nikimsu2002 said:
We went to MGM when they opened at 8:00 and stayed until just before they closed at 1. We didn't wait in any lines at the park and were able to walk on everything we wanted to ride. Not sure if that was the case at Rock N Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror since we didn't want to ride those rides, but everything else had no lines. I even got to spend quite a bit of one-on-one time with Lilo and Stitch (which was GREAT for me since they're my favorites). A lot of the little snack stands and souvenier stands didn't open on Friday either. They were all boarded up and had been emptied the night before (I know this cuz we were in MGM the night before and saw them doing it.)

We went to Studios also that day. The line for Rock N Roller Coaster was about 25 minutes and we didn't get ride TOT. Lilo and Stitch were very playful that day with Lilo telling everybody to go home and spinning around like a tornado. Were you there when the park closed? It was weird seeing everybody leave in the day time with the dark clouds rolling in...scary!

TheDisneyGirl02

phlydude

I don't know about the Contemp but at the WL, they brought the chairs and table into the room and put it next to the bed closest to the slider.

nikimsu2002

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
We went to Studios also that day. The line for Rock N Roller Coaster was about 25 minutes and we didn't get ride TOT. Lilo and Stitch were very playful that day with Lilo telling everybody to go home and spinning around like a tornado. Were you there when the park closed? It was weird seeing everybody leave in the day time with the dark clouds rolling in...scary!

TheDisneyGirl02

We left the park about 12:45 but we were waiting in line for the boat back to the Beach Club at 1:00. It was really weird seeing tons of people leave and the black clouds. Disney did know how to predict when the storm would hit though. About half an hour after we got back to the hotel it started pouring.

drp4video

I know, we could not get over how well Disney timed the closing of the parks. We lleft MGM at 1:00 and were back at POP eating pizza by 1:30, then as soon as we got back to our room, it started to pour. I felt bad for the two CM who were outside until about 7:30 p.m. trying to stop flooding from drains that were not draining fast enough.

And yes, GO PISTONS!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom