What do new lands need?

ppete1975

For land development look at Paris, the areas are sprawling and just exploring the lands is worth going. Lots of landscaping (which disney is great at) a high capacity!!! attraction that will wow people. a few high capacity lower tier rides, some kind of show or movie (muppets, philharmagic, mickey mouse revue), some eating and a meet and greet.
What I would really love is for a land to have a new IP, a classic animation IP, and a new IP character (example figment when epcot opened). So you can bring people in with the current IP, remind people of the classic and introduce a new original ip (then make a disney plus show about them afterwards).

ppete1975

I almost specifically said, "no spinners," when I first responded. I think you could make an argument that every park might need a spinner, although I do not necessarily agree. Adding a spinner to every land, however, can over be quite detrimental. When they added the magic carpet spinner to adventure land, they ruined that area. The spinner they chose for Toy Story land was also a really bad option, but at least there is a second new attraction in that land. I cannot imagine them trying to add a spinner into Epcot, although I would not put it past them. No more spinners, please.
theres still a spinner disney needs to make. Although that would be the cheap iteration. And thats mary poppins, but have it inside with all kinds of effects, music and horses...

Of course mary poppins should start that way then have the carousel horses disengage and take you through a dark ride. Its not even difficult technology.

Also i think the boardwalk hotel should have a coney island carousel with brass rings. (although they would have to find a safe way to do it)
not my image.

this is how grab the brass ring became a saying

1722368432172.png

TalkToEthan

What does everyone think a new land needs from a ride and food perspective to fully flesh out a land in the classical sense?

To make a new land properly these are minimums:

$2 billion budget

18 acres

3 E ticket rides one of which must be an industry earth-shaker—-something to change the game

1 park headlining show

1 sitdown restaurant

2 counter service foods

Roaming exclusive characters

Exclusive merch(as in only found in that land and not anyplace else, even at World of Disney)

Cast should be 100% in character……..method acting preferably

JMcMahonEsq

To make a new land properly these are minimums:

$2 billion budget

18 acres

3 E ticket rides one of which must be an industry earth-shaker—-something to change the game

1 park headlining show

1 sitdown restaurant

2 counter service foods

Roaming exclusive characters

Exclusive merch(as in only found in that land and not anyplace else, even at World of Disney)

Cast should be 100% in character……..method acting preferably
How many existing lands have all these things? Why would a new land have to break mold of almost all other lands?

TalkToEthan

How many existing lands have all these things?

None, of course………hence, why they are strikingly deficient and underdeveloped. There are 7 lands around the world that have outstanding starts but are far from comprehensive and complete experiences.

As I said to make a land properly—-meaning fully fleshed out—-I feel it should have the above as minimums

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom