What Disney merchandise would you like to see in the parks?

Mickey shaped world

Original Poster
I was just curious what kind of merchandise you think the parks are lacking (if any). I know there have been quite a few comments about a need for more adult items.
I personally wish they would make more home ware items based on the Disney classics, like a Mushu incense holder from the film Mulan. (I always look in the China pavilion in vain).
What kind of merch items would you like to see? Any particular characters you would like to see more represented?

Schneewittchen

I can agree with this. I too would like to see more household items, especially ones that evoke 70s WDW or classic films.

I bought these plates and the matching glasses a couple of years ago:

Magic-Kingdom-plates.jpg

I have a good bit of Mary Blair Contemporary Resort/it's a small world art in my living room too.

I'm thinking I need Enchanted Tiki room lamps, Alice in Wonderland tea sets, Sleeping Beauty castle bedding.... or not. DH might not like that.

Driver

I'm a fan of Goofy but I find the offerings limited, the few shirts they have don't appeal to me. Many years ago my son visited and got me a real nice one I have worn it so much it is in bad shape and I hate to give it up. But I can't find a replacement.

Cmdr_Crimson

It amazes me that while it is good that they are using Figment for Festival merchandise I'm very surprised they haven't used the Kitchen Kabaret Characters more for the Food & Wine as it really focuses on what it's all about...
Veggie-Veggie-Fruit-Fruit.jpg

Mickey shaped world

Original Poster
I can agree with this. I too would like to see more household items, especially ones that evoke 70s WDW or classic films.

I bought these plates and the matching glasses a couple of years ago:

Magic-Kingdom-plates.jpg

I have a good bit of Mary Blair Contemporary Resort/it's a small world art in my living room too.

I'm thinking I need Enchanted Tiki room lamps, Alice in Wonderland tea sets, Sleeping Beauty castle bedding.... or not. DH might not like that.

I have those plates too, they are awesome.
And yes! to all your suggestions :)

G8rchamps

I am going to the park this weekend and would buy if available:

Rafiki plush - he has a whole planet watch named after him and I can't get a stuffed animal?? They don't exist.

Blue mens visor with Mickey Mouse on the front. What too simple Disney?

Better looking/useful digital watch adapter for my magic band. I'd even buy and upgraded band with the time in it.

Tommy Bahama Disney shirts. Disney Springs now sells just regular Tommy with no Mickey :(

Women's shirts that fit a size 14. The XL shirts are a little tight in the top part so my wife never buys any.

thomas998

I was just curious what kind of merchandise you think the parks are lacking (if any). I know there have been quite a few comments about a need for more adult items.
I personally wish they would make more home ware items based on the Disney classics, like a Mushu incense holder from the film Mulan. (I always look in the China pavilion in vain).
What kind of merch items would you like to see? Any particular characters you would like to see more represented?
It is not so much the items but the quality of the items they offer that irks me. I'm paying a very high price for anything I get, I would like to be able to at least write off some of that higher price to something like quality instead of just gross over payment. Since it is close to Halloween costumes are a perfect example of where they have let quality drop. 10 years ago we made a trip near Halloween and our daughters costume got left at home by mistake. Okay, we buy one in the resort store for substantially more than I would normally pay, I think it was about $100 for a Belle Dress... Well I had to admit it was a better costume than we could have gotten in a store so fine... No problem.... Last year I'm looking in the same resort store and see that they still have costumes for sale, only these are identical to the one I would find in a Walmart but still at an exorbitant price. The quality of everything is now pretty much on the same level as Walmart which isn't something to be proud of.

Mickey shaped world

Original Poster
It is not so much the items but the quality of the items they offer that irks me. I'm paying a very high price for anything I get, I would like to be able to at least write off some of that higher price to something like quality instead of just gross over payment. Since it is close to Halloween costumes are a perfect example of where they have let quality drop. 10 years ago we made a trip near Halloween and our daughters costume got left at home by mistake. Okay, we buy one in the resort store for substantially more than I would normally pay, I think it was about $100 for a Belle Dress... Well I had to admit it was a better costume than we could have gotten in a store so fine... No problem.... Last year I'm looking in the same resort store and see that they still have costumes for sale, only these are identical to the one I would find in a Walmart but still at an exorbitant price. The quality of everything is now pretty much on the same level as Walmart which isn't something to be proud of.

I have to agree that the quality is lacking in a lot of their items. I used to buy a hoodie each Disney trip and they were amazing but the last few trips not only could I not find a design I loved but I thought a lot of the materials used were thin and scratchy. You can tell even the mugs arn' t as sturdy, last trip I always saw the odd mug chirped or bits broken off on the shelves (though that could just be due to careless customers.). I definitively don't buy as much as I used on Disney trips due to lack of quality/ variety of designs, I hope they see sense and not just profit margins.

anchorman314

A few people have mentioned the quality of the items. Along those lines, I'd just like some consistency in the t-shirt sizing. It's almost impossible to find two different designs that fit the same. Disney uses so many different bases for the designs that buying a shirt without trying it on is a $25+ gamble. (I'm lookin' at you, Dug / 'Squirrel!' shirt.)

Cmdr_Crimson

A few people have mentioned the quality of the items. Along those lines, I'd just like some consistency in the t-shirt sizing. It's almost impossible to find two different designs that fit the same. Disney uses so many different bases for the designs that buying a shirt without trying it on is a $25+ gamble. (I'm lookin' at you, Dug / 'Squirrel!' shirt.)

Ever since they switched to Hanes brand shirts it's been complicated to find a decent one...So, I take the safer route and get a size up from my normal one just to be sure I will have it for awhile...

NelleBelle

Tommy Bahama Disney shirts. Disney Springs now sells just regular Tommy with no Mickey :(
Disney cruise line carries Tommy Bahama shirts with mickey incorporated into a nice, subtle tropical background. On our cruise last month, they had a light sea green color and a cream color. Why they can't put these in the World of Disney/Tommy Bahama store in Disney Springs...???

used to buy a hoodie each Disney trip and they were amazing but the last few trips not only could I not find a design I loved but I thought a lot of the materials used were thin and scratchy.
I ran into the same, annoying issue on our cruise! Several years ago I bought a really nice velour track suit with the DCL emblem. Now, I can't even find a sweatshirt that actually thick enough to keep you warm! My DH saw a set I was looking at and told me to forget it, they felt like pajamas! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom