What did you think of Toy Story Mania (during previews)?

What did you think of Toy Story Mania (during previews)?

• Excellent

Votes: 120 75.9%
  • Good

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Average

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters

KevinPage

I've waited a week to post my impressions, so I wasn't "emotional" and firing from the rafters, but suffice to say I did NOT enjoy it at all.

My expectations were not out of line because ever since the announcement of this ride, the thought of MORE VIDEO SCREENS and a ride where I have to do WORK to have fun is not my cup of tea. I do enjoy Buzz Lightyear though, but do not feel the need the ride it on every visit - only if there is no wait.

So I hear mainly positive reviews of TSM before going and figured it would be something I'd enjoy, but (like Buzz) not ride all the time.

I went the Single Rider route as Standby was almost 1 hour. Now I guess I missed some of the ambiance, but I barely heard any queue music, so by the time I was on the ride, I was not pumped or excited as there was nothing to get me "into the mood".

Once the ride started all the disappointments started. Pulling the rope is all about speed and insanely tiring/irritating and not something every family member can enjoy. Squeezing a trigger (ala Buzz) is much more accessible and fun for all. The ride vehicles are not moveable (like Buzz), you're shooting at a video screen (not real targets like Buzz) and you move from one video screen to the next while stopped in a fixed position (unlike Buzz which has the kinetic motion of constant movement through the track).

I was quite surprised by the time the ride ended how little fun I had. I didn't care about my score(unlike Buzz which I always try and get better) and frankly didn't want to ever experience this again.

I thought about this for the past week and still don't feel the need to experience this again as it doesn't feel like there is anything "hidden" or need to be discovered. I'm shocked that I feel Buzz Lightyear trumps this ride in almost every way (for my tastes).

It pains me to say this, but TSM goes into the SGE & MILF category of "I'm not going to bother unless forced to go on it". The parks are slowly obtaining too many of these type of attractions (which I would never had thought would happen). But it seems the general public enjoys the ride, so go figure.

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

JROK

I gave it an average score because it was not up to par with something I'd expect at Disney. Surely I'd expect a simple shooter game like this at Universal, but not Disney. Oh wait, I forgot, Universal's shooter is a million times better than any of the Disney shooters. So maybe it's just that Disney doen't know how to make a shooter style attraction.

Shooting at a video screen isn't anything special, I can do that at home on my Wii. And why is my gun always stuck to the vehicle on Disney rides?! That drives me nuts. Is this better than Buzz? Sort of. Better than MiB at Universal? No way.

Disney, stop trying to make a shooter attraction unless you're going to do it right and have AAs that react when you shoot them, and guns that can be pointed anywhere.

I would've much rather had a dark ride than another lame shooter. But alas, people will ride it because "everything Disney does is golden."

EpcotServo

Now I guess I missed some of the ambiance, but I barely heard any queue music, so by the time I was on the ride, I was not pumped or excited as there was nothing to get me "into the mood".

Yes you did.

As for music, there's a near hour-long BGM, and another BGM just for the outside.

MinnieLee

Loved it!! What a "blast". Went on passholder preview, After three attempts because it was down, finally got on. Line was supposed to be 75 minutes - actually waited 50. The details inside waiting on the line were great. Loved being able to see where you were shooting and the spins. Kudos to Disney for a good one!:sohappy:

theverynk

Ok, so just my 2c worth, but I was actually disappointed with TSM.
Given the hype and the 2h lines all day every day for it, I don't think it's worth it.
Sure, I agree, it IS fun, but at the end of the day it is a glorified carnival game. Shooting at targets? How old is that?!...

Dan.

pinnacle06

I generally agree with the past few posts.. just disappointing. Disney really needs some new technology based rides. My expectations get lower with every new attraction. The last new attraction that I was impressed with was RnR. Since then not so much.

paul436

Except for spinning around like a top, this game offers very little "wow" factor that you don't get on your couch at home playing Wii. Disney needs to up their game when things at home are more cutting edge then in the parks.
The way my schedule was working (along with the rain) I didn't get to DHS early enough to get a FP for TSMM. But I obviously had to try it out so waited 85 minutes to get on it. I loved the theming of the queue area. Mr. Potato Head is great! As for the ride itself, I liked it. It was fun and pretty cool. My kids (16, 14, 11) we're completely unimpressed with it which goes along with what you said. Would I do it again...yes. But it might not be a "must do". My kids didn't want to go on Buzz Lightyear this trip. They said they would do TSMM again if the line was less than 15 minutes. They wouldn't sacrifice a RnRC or ToT FP though if they had to choose between them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom