What!? Did you just see that!?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
My wife and I were in Disneyland last year in the TSMM queue (it's mostly outdoors with chain switchbacks for those who do not know). Anyway, this little boy, probably 3 or 4 starts walking under the chains towards us, and no one seems to notice or care. He continued on until he was completely out of the queue, and then went on his merry way down the boardwalk area. Still no one looking or caring that he is missing. We ask the people around us if they know who he belongs to, and not to anyone. We decided to go and get him, so my wife went to him (about 200 feet away from the attraction already!!), and talked with him, and he came back with her willingly, without a fuss. We held on to him while we continued through the queue, looking for a CM, when dad finally showed up. The child had initially passed by us over 15 minutes earlier!! The dad took him by the hand, did not scold him, but said absolutely NOTHING to us. No thank you for saving my child, no what was he doing. Just turned away and left! Everyone around us was completely flabbergasted that this parent had no idea where his 3 or 4 year old child is for over 15 minutes, and then doesn't even thank the people that might have saved him from being kidnapped or worse. We know he spoke English because he talked to his son while leading him away. I agree that not everyone should have kids!!!!

Hot Lava

Because she was in the middle of a POOL- with a blazing white newborn in the FL sun- that's just pure ignorance. Not to mention what happens when the baby starts spitting up? We ALL get to swim in it.
Or if she tips over (doesn't sound like that was the most stable set up, based on your description) and that baby drowns, or even nearly so.

Allie_Marie

It's not a normal Disney trip unless my family says that about me! But when I was there in August 2012, I was swimming late at night with my friend at the AoA Nemo pool; as you swim underwater you loose all of your surrounding,. I basically didn't know where I was when I came up, but each time I out from the water, the same about 11 year old was right behind me. Then I hear his mom yelling, "You go son!" I had an 11 year old stalker at midnight, in Disney.

Soarin2u

Original Poster
we were at a local waterpark the other day and the tubes for the lazy river are clear. So this woman (I use the term loosely) somehow squeezes herself through the hole in the center, literally pulls (struggles to pull- she was a hearty gal) a out and starts breastfeeding a newborn right in the freaking river! There was so much wrong with the whole situation everyone was just shaking their heads. Some people are weird!

In many foreign countries it is not unusual for women to breast feed in public. It's considered fairly normal, in fact my father had a large group of women Breast Feeding their children in a café in Paris. No one was phased by it. NOW, in America we find it inappropriate, which if people have intentions to come to our country, they should look up some of our mannerisms. If you're sure she was a American.... Then she deserves a V8... ;) Either way, the middle of a lazy river is probably the dumbest place to breast feed. Foreigner or not, that's outrageous.

If I'd been you, I'd shove her under those icy cold water.... Without harming the infant of course. :D

WED99

I was walking through Fantasyland in Hong Kong Disneyland a couple years back, and this little Chinese kid just walks up to a garden and starts to pee. His parents were no where to be found. A CM noticed him very quick and explained to him why it wasn't allowed.

Weirdest thing ever. The kid honestly had no remorse, just shrugged it off and strolled away.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's not a normal Disney trip unless my family says that about me! But when I was there in August 2012, I was swimming late at night with my friend at the AoA Nemo pool; as you swim underwater you loose all of your surrounding,. I basically didn't know where I was when I came up, but each time I out from the water, the same about 11 year old was right behind me. Then I hear his mom yelling, "You go son!" I had an 11 year old stalker at midnight, in Disney.

That was me. Sorry. <runs away quickly>

SyracuseDisneyFan

Last year when I went, my siblings, my Dad and I were standing in line for Soarin'. In front of us were a bunch of idiotic, immature guys who looked like they could've been on Jersey Shore. They were loud and obnoxious and kept passing gas loudly. It also stunk.:eek: It took everything I had in me not to scream at them. I wanted to though.

Hot Lava

I was walking through Fantasyland in Hong Kong Disneyland a couple years back, and this little Chinese kid just walks up to a garden and starts to pee. His parents were no where to be found. A CM noticed him very quick and explained to him why it wasn't allowed.

Weirdest thing ever. The kid honestly had no remorse, just shrugged it off and strolled away.

Weird that you mention this. Just yesterday I was listening to a radio program and they were talking about a report regarding the proliferation of Chinese tourists and with a lot of bad habits (and HK is getting the bulk of this). There is an article about a 15 year Chinese tourist who carved his name into an ancient temple at Luxor.
Supposedly, it has become a real issue that Chinese tourists relieve themselves (#1 and 2) wherever they feel like. One of the hosts talked about a story that the Louvre has posted signs - only in Chinese - that forbids urinating or defecating wherever they want. The other host stated he had not noticed this in NYC, so maybe it isn't such a huge problem...and least not yet here in the US.

I think this is the article discussed:

http://qz.com/88334/china-is-starti...about-its-tourists-obnoxious-behavior-abroad/

I would attribute this mostly to no diapers used in China (kids have pants with a slit in the back and just go wherever), and a lot of people new to tourism and ignorance of customs outside of their country/region. But I really do hope these are isolated cases! Although if it is bad enough that the PRC govt feels the need to speak out, chastize, and pass laws, I guess there is an issue. If nothing else, I guess it will put the issue of loud and pushy Brazilian groups in perspective. ;)

mgjones03

Once i was in line for the Safari, we were at the part right before you board the trucks. Well there was a family in the stall type loading area right to our left, two young children probably around 4 & 6, and a mother and father. Well, the one little boy told his mom that he had to go potty, she asked him to wait until the ride was over and he said he couldn't wait that long, she told him "well, we've been waiting in this line for 35 minutes and we aren't leaving now, just pee your pants" so the boy did as he was told. It was disgusting, he was wearing jeans and they were completely soaked, it was running out of his shoe and there was a large puddle that was slowly making its way towards my flip flop covered feet. We got onto our truck and the entire time i smelled urine, and no it wasn't from the animals, it was strong enough to make me feel sick. I felt sooooo bad for the child, he was crying and complaining that his pants and socks were wet and it was in March so it was kinda cold. I just couldn't believe a parent would do that to a child.

Guess I just wasted precious time when I took my son out of the Soarin' line 5 years ago to use the bathroom....oh, wait that is what a parent is supposed to do, and you know what the guests behind us totally understood and we got our place back in line, no big deal.

jmorri26

Last trip at the GF my younger brother and I saw in the grass late at night a duck and a bunny curled up with each other sleeping. The duck was in his little duck pose and the rabbit was right up next to him snuggling. It was bizarre and cute. He got a picture I think. We just stood there going "awwwww"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom