What did you do?

JillC LI

Today was a day that I am grateful for being a runner. I had a lot on my mind and had trouble sleeping last night. I woke up at 3:45am and could not turn off my brain and fall back asleep. Not being able to sleep was totally stressing me out. So at 4:45am I decided to make productive use of my time and stop tossing and turning. I got up, found running clothes in the dark so I wouldn't wake my husband, and jumped on the treadmill in the basement. 3.5 miles later my anxiety was gone and my endorphins were pumping. I'm sure I'll crash from exhaustion later, but I was really grateful to have something to do that made being awake at that hour worthwhile and helped me feel better.

Running my 1st half marathon next Sunday.
Good luck!

dreamfinder

2.6@1@7:35

Today was a day that I am grateful for being a runner. I had a lot on my mind and had trouble sleeping last night. I woke up at 3:45am and could not turn off my brain and fall back asleep. Not being able to sleep was totally stressing me out. So at 4:45am I decided to make productive use of my time and stop tossing and turning. I got up, found running clothes in the dark so I wouldn't wake my husband, and jumped on the treadmill in the basement. 3.5 miles later my anxiety was gone and my endorphins were pumping. I'm sure I'll crash from exhaustion later, but I was really grateful to have something to do that made being awake at that hour worthwhile and helped me feel better.

Good use of your time even though I'm sure you would have rather been asleep.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Participated in a 5K Color Run ... won't say I ran it because there were way too many people and we mostly had to walk. They also didn't measure it very well, so it was really only 4.5 km. It's a one and done for me - my friend has really wanted to do one so we did it together with our families and although we had an enjoyable time none of us feel the need to participate in another one. It appears that the blue foam had the most tenacious color ... despite putting a lot of elbow grease into scrubbing my ankles I suspect it will take a few more showers before they return to their normal color! 😉

@DznyGrlSD - Hope your first half marathon was fantastic 😃

RunningKoen

byVVpXX.jpg

16.1KM / 10 M in 1:22:07. Happy with that race. Bit below my average pace, but it was hot and I havent ran for so far in ages. It only took three short pauses/walks. Great constant endurance.

2 hour break

5 KM / 3.1M in 27:30. Finishing was my only goal. Supporting my students and co-workers, as Im the big force behind our business teams. We might even get a price, as our students can really run. (Several finish below 20 minutes, top 20 & lots of top 50 places.) We need that medal to showcase it at work

Swissmiss

Premium Member
What did i do today? No running because instead I had to come home to learn how to do the math method my daughter is learning in school because she has a test tomorrow. I learned math more than 40 years ago ... and in a different language than her classes. But after 90 minutes of reading various websites I was able to explain the method she needed to know and I did get a "you're the best mom" out of it and a promise that she'll run with me after work tomorrow. Training for a half marathon is overrated, right?!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
so proud of you, @DznyGrlSD. Great to hear everything went good :) Amazing time.

And @Swissmiss nice post. What math issue? ;-)

To find the PGDC (greatest common divisor?) and the PPCM (least common multiple?) between two integers. Quick and easy the way I learned it 40 years ago, but the kids had to first reduce the intergers down to prime numbers and then calculate from there, so I had to learn how to do her method in order to explain it to her. My method took seconds, hers took minutes. In the end, there was only one question about this on her test but she ran out of time as she was doing the final calculation. I'm hoping she'll at least get partial credit for the work she did complete (assuming it is correct 😉)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom