What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Saturday - 17 miles - this was the end of a 53 mile week for me so to say that my legs were fatigued would be the understatement of the century. My legs were dead the entire run, everything else felt fine so I really had to push myself mentally to get through this run which felt like it was going to take 4 hours, not the 2:43 it actually came in at.

Sunday - skipped my cross training again so I could go spend the day at the Renaissance Faire, definitely worth it even if it meant spending all day walking/standing after a 50+ mile week.

Today - "Monday's can be hard sometimes" - direct quote from a co-worker earlier this morning that was spot on, today was(is?) one of those Mondays. Ended up only getting in a little over 3 miles in and the first mile was miserable, when I saw how slow I was going changed my plan to run 30 minutes regardless of the distance which really helped me get through it. I have plenty of time to make up those miles the rest of the week.

Thanks! No, I wanted to do something different this year so we are doing the Shades of Death Marathon in Allamuchy Township, NJ. It is held on legendary Shades of Death Road and you get a grim reaper medal!

I remember you mentioning that one a few months back. Definitely going to be a different vibe from RnR and also a whole lot smaller.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

Another rough weekend. Didn't get in my run on Saturday, and I had to cut my run on Sunday short at about 1 1/2 because our dog took out my wife going after a cat. Thankfully she is ok but was quite shaken up. So I dragged myself out of bed at 3:20 today (see, I can get up before 3:30) and cranked out 7mi, negative splits, started at 7:35 w/.5 incline 1/4 w/u&c/d. About 51:20 for the run itself, so not bad, but I wanted more miles.

It is held on legendary Shades of Death Road and you get a grim reaper medal!

Sounds like some cool bling.

atrus79

4.42 miles this morning at 10:10 p/mile pace ...

Today - "Monday's can be hard sometimes" - direct quote from a co-worker earlier this morning that was spot on, today was(is?) one of those Mondays. Ended up only getting in a little over 3 miles in and the first mile was miserable, when I saw how slow I was going changed my plan to run 30 minutes regardless of the distance which really helped me get through it. I have plenty of time to make up those miles the rest of the week.

I felt the same way this morning ... the first 2 miles I was dragging my feet, but by the end I felt much better ... and I felt better that I got a workout in versus throwing in the towel and skipping it! ;)

LindsayLoves

4.42 miles this morning at 10:10 p/mile pace ...

I felt the same way this morning ... the first 2 miles I was dragging my feet, but by the end I felt much better ... and I felt better that I got a workout in versus throwing in the towel and skipping it! ;)

Very much agreed!

Texas84

Saturday - 17 miles - this was the end of a 53 mile week for me so to say that my legs were fatigued would be the understatement of the century. My legs were dead the entire run, everything else felt fine so I really had to push myself mentally to get through this run which felt like it was going to take 4 hours, not the 2:43 it actually came in at.

Sunday - skipped my cross training again so I could go spend the day at the Renaissance Faire, definitely worth it even if it meant spending all day walking/standing after a 50+ mile week.

I probably missed it but what plan are you using and what are you training for right now? If you're at 17 it better not be Dopey. :)

bethram

4.2 miles this morning with my watch not wanting to locate satellites for the first 0.4 miles, followed by cleaning up both of the puppies crates. Excellent way to start a Monday.

diddy_mouse

Totally agree with this. My Monday at work was very frustrating, so I took out that frustration at the gym. Only wanted to do 2 miles but ended up doing 3.1 and hit a 9:45 min mile.

LindsayLoves

I probably missed it but what plan are you using and what are you training for right now? If you're at 17 it better not be Dopey.
clip_image001.png

I am doing a modified Hal Higdon Intermediate 2 (I added speed and hill work) in preparation for the NYC Marathon on November 2. My Dopey training is going to officially start after the marathon. Actual Dopey training plan is a bit TBD right now. I have my official Dopey dry run set for the week before Christmas with consecutive 3, 5, 10 and 18 mile runs. Not planning on hitting any 20 milers before Dopey. But I might get nervous and get one in there.

Today: 6x.25m hill repeats @1:55, w/1 mile w/u, 2:45 resting intervals between each set (nice jog down the .25mi hill) and 1.5mile c/d. These were so smooth, effort was even throughout, and recovery was faster than it ever has been. Only three more runs until vacation!

Sumrdog

We have had a whirlwind two weeks of company visiting, camping, hiking, swimming and an awesome 16 mile bike ride...Not much running though, just a few 3 and 4 milers, but at least I was physically active doing other things...

No matter how crappy my training has been, I have no doubts that I will finish the DDD this coming weekend and have a lovely time doing it!

My daughter and I leave for Disneyland Thursday morning and We are WICKED excited!

bethram

We have had a whirlwind two weeks of company visiting, camping, hiking, swimming and an awesome 16 mile bike ride...Not much running though, just a few 3 and 4 milers, but at least I was physically active doing other things...

No matter how crappy my training has been, I have no doubts that I will finish the DDD this coming weekend and have a lovely time doing it!

My daughter and I leave for Disneyland Thursday morning and We are WICKED excited!
Have fun and good luck!!!!!

bethram

4.2 miles this morning at a slow for me 9:27 pace. I can't wait for it to cool down so I can work on speed again.

I think I'm finally beginning to get a handle on this school year. I actually had time to sit on my couch for a couple minutes last night :)

OG Runner

Have a good time and always remember, with Disney it is not a race, it is an event! Enjoy!!!

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - you are correct, that is such a fun word that will get you some funny looks if you say in the 'real world'

@Sumrdog - have a blast! Especially running with your daughter, that is something very special.

Today- 6.36 mi @9:06/mi. I am tired people. If I had a run planned for tomorrow I'd scrap it for rest. Luckily the rest day is already lined up per the plan. Not sure if I am going to have to modify this weekends runs, the actual plan calls for a step back week with only 12 miles for the long run but MY plan says 19 miles because of vacation next week and let's be honest there is no way I am running 19 miles on a treadmill, especially while I am on vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom