What did you do?

Sumrdog

Did 6 miles yesterday morning, a little later than I should have because the heat and humidity really weighed on me. Might be my last run for awhile though because a short time after I got home, I smashed that bone that sticks out inside your ankle against the metal bed frame in my room while running to get the phone. Saw stars, literally. I figured it was a bad bone bruise but today I cannot put any weight on my heel, rotate my foot, and even sitting still hurts. Called my orthopedist because I think maybe I need an xray, and the first appt I could get is Wednesday. So I'm just gonna limp around til then. This particularly sucks because on Saturday is that relay Tri that I am supposed to do with my daughter and husband. (I wonder if I could sneak my son in to take my relay leg if I can't run.)
Such a bummer! I hate getting hurt. I am sending positive healing thoughts your way!

LindsayLoves

Planned - 8 mile tempo run

Actual - 7 mile tempo run. Due to subway delays I had to cut this run down by a mile, thanks MTA. I didn't want to lose my 4 fast miles so I ended up doing 2m w/u 9:24, 9:04, 4 tempo miles @ 8:08, 8:03, 7:45, 7:45, and 1m c/d 8:35. I was really huffing on a good chunk of that that last tempo mile because it included a half mile section that I loathe so I was pushing it a little harder than tempo effort, I wanted to slow myself down but I am too stubborn to let that section get the best of me!

JillC LI

Stick a wig on him? Hope it's not too serious and heals quickly.

LOL, or maybe just a long braid down the back!

I definitely feel improvement today. I can put weight on it without pain if I don't go too fast, and it no longer hurts when I'm just sitting still. I don't have the full range of motion back yet, but I'm optimistic that it is not a fracture and that I can be back on the road soon. Just got the race information for the Relay Tri on Saturday and it got me even more motivated to get well quick. The 5K Run leg is on a trail, and I've never done a trail run before, so I really want to do it.

lukacseven

Started the Galloway Dopey training program a few weeks back, broke a toe, sat 2 weeks, healed, started back up then broke 2 more toes on the other foot snorkeling with whale sharks in Mexico. Hope to be back running some lower mileage this weekend.

JillC LI

Started the Galloway Dopey training program a few weeks back, broke a toe, sat 2 weeks, healed, started back up then broke 2 more toes on the other foot snorkeling with whale sharks in Mexico. Hope to be back running some lower mileage this weekend.

Geez! You broke two toes snorkeling?! How did that happen?
Hope you heal quick in any case.

diddy_mouse

3 miles today 12:40/mi. Not a great pace compared to what I was hitting a couple of weeks ago but I'm getting back on track. And I did this run on a full stomach after dinner. Blarg.

Sorry to hear about the various toe injuries! I've been told that the bones in the foot break more often than you'd think. Hope you guys get on the mend soon!

JillC LI

I'm back on the road! Went to the orthopedist yesterday to get my ankle xrayed. NOT broken! Whew. She said I wouldn't do any damage to it by running on it but I'd just have to deal with the pain. Well as soon as I heard that I wouldn't do any damage, you can bet I was running on it this morning. 4 miles at 9:48 pace in the gorgeous 50+ degree weather. Yes it was sore, more so going up and down hills, but I am so relieved that I won't have to let my daughter down with our relay Tri on Saturday. It'll be rough ground on the 5K course trail which will be more painful, but at this point in my running career, I can deal with some pain for a half hour. I just want this to be a positive experience for my daughter.

atrus79

I'm back on the road! Went to the orthopedist yesterday to get my ankle xrayed. NOT broken! Whew. She said I wouldn't do any damage to it by running on it but I'd just have to deal with the pain. Well as soon as I heard that I wouldn't do any damage, you can bet I was running on it this morning. 4 miles at 9:48 pace in the gorgeous 50+ degree weather. Yes it was sore, more so going up and down hills, but I am so relieved that I won't have to let my daughter down with our relay Tri on Saturday. It'll be rough ground on the 5K course trail which will be more painful, but at this point in my running career, I can deal with some pain for a half hour. I just want this to be a positive experience for my daughter.

That's great news! Make sure to take it easy though ... have a great time with your daughter! :)

dreamfinder

Bah. Missed my first race ever. Was stuck at work yesterday and didn't make it out early enough to make gun time. Would think that 3+ hours would have been sufficient to go 45 miles even with traffic (no problems in the past), damn server crash. So I did an extra run this AM to make up for it, 5k in 19:48, neg splits at 1, 2, 2.5, 2.75, 3 all @.5 incline w 1/4 w/u & c/d.

@JillC LI glad to hear it's nothing serious. Just be careful not to make it worse. And enjoy the family Tri this weekend!

atrus79

Going with the theme of the week ... speed. Currently following Galloway's Dopey plan, I extended it .11 miles to make it a 5k. So, with that said, 3.11 miles with a 9:45 p/mile pace ... first time sub 10 minutes since the injury and just a fantastic run overall!

Everyone have a great weekend! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom