What Dark Rides Would You Add?

Walt Disney1955

I like the idea of how they make Disneyland different from WDW. There are a lot of dark rides DL has that WDW doesn't but that's a good thing. Mr. Toad, Alice, Pinnochio, Casey's Jr. Circus, Matterhorn, Indy, etc. make Disneyland more unique than WDW. You can't have exact clones because then visiting the "other" parks will have no mystique to it.

However, none of the parks have a Bambi ride. None have Sleeping Beauty or even Cinderella. None have Lion King which is one of the most popular movies that I thought would have (and still could) make a fantastic dark ride. It doesn't all have to be designated to Magic Kingdom, I think an animal ride could fit in nicely in Animal Kingdom.

Animaniac93-98

Any from this list would be nice:

Sleeping Beauty
Mr. Toad
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Alice in Wonderland
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Babes in Toyland
Tron (new or old)*
Darby 'O Gill and the Little People
Aladdin*
Roger Rabbit
The Black Cauldron
Fantasia
The Nightmare Before Christmas

*Coaster/Dark Ride hybrid

mharrington

I probably would add a copy of the Pinocchio ride, but on the scale of the Pooh ride in Tokyo, and maybe a Sleeping Beauty dark ride.

RedFurredCadet

If I had my way, I might consider replacing Stitch's FAIL Escape with probably a dark ride following Stitch and his history... okay, from the dreaded part where he escapes the prison cell (first part), to the part where he meets Lilo for the first time... (iconic scenes from the first movie) and a little later, alien experiments joining the 'ohana (add sample scenes from the series... *GROAN!*). I know that poor Stitch's reputation has been beaten sore in WDW, but if executed correctly, a dark ride following Stitch's history (and giving the exps some love) could be a good idea. Hmmm...

SeaCastle

If it were up to me, I'd redo the entire Fantasyland/Liberty Square section of the park. I'd add two new dark rides, based on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Mr. Toad. Toad would be in Fantasyland, with Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square, transitioning into their respective lands. The Toad ride would be housed in a reproduction of "Toad Hall", with Sleepy Hollow having a long, winding queue of shady oak trees leading into a small colonial town, with a one-room schoolhouse and church.

Spike-in-Berlin

River Rhine Cruise for Germany (though updated as it is a ride from the early 80ies concept for West Germany only)

Journey to the Center of the Earth for DAKs Mysterious Island

Weather Pavilion for FW with Storm Rider

The four Elements come to WDW.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
How about a little love for South America in Epcot? Maybe a Peru pavillion with a small Emperor's New Groove dark ride?

"Please keep all hands,feet and Llama's inside the vehicle at all times and remeber no touchee"

Not a dark ride as such but a NBC overlay on the HM at haloween

mharrington

And rumor has it that they are going to give South America some love with a brand-new pavilion, themed not to Peru, but to Brazil.

invader

Either

- Very well themed, non-character, eticket for FW
or
- Very well themed, HBND ride for replacement of SWSA

DisneyparkFreak

Lets Start in Hollywood Studios

Lucas Land

1. Podracer thrill ride using the same technology as spiderman or the simpson ride at Uni.
2. DR - ride on the same system as peter pan but its an abbreviated version of episodes 4-6. You follow the story and it ends with an epic audioanimatronic lightsaber fight in the emperors throne room of vader vs luke.

I would also like to see something along the lines of a star wars museum where there are mockups of vehicles, models used in filming, costumes, and maybe a 10-15 movie showing how they made it. (after all HS was designed as a working moving studio)

Muppet Studios -
1. The Great Muppet Movie Ride, this has been discussed here before, but its a great idea. a ride very similar to the GMR, but with a muppet twist that they messed up and made it funny.
2. Muppet DR where you can visit Kermit on the Bayou, Fozzie standup, a small concert with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

Toon Town -
1. Place all the houses back there from the old TT in the MK, build a house for Goofy and Donald.
2. DR - Based on a couple of old Mickey cartoons

Animation Courtyard-
1. NMBC DR - I have no idea, but I know that there are plans out on the internet.
2. Could also do a Mickey's Christmas Carol DR as well. Great little cartoon.

Pixar Place Expansion-
1. MI - Coaster - The Que could be you entering MI building and have to go to the scarefloor.
2. Reimagine the HISTKs playset and make into a Bugs life
3. Add a Harry Housins restaurant from MI
4. DR would be based on Ratatouille

Moving on to EPCOT

Future World-
1. Tron - Racing coaster. I envision a coaster where the trains can be in view of each other for the vast majority of the ride. There would be turns and other things that would give the illusion that you are about to run into each other, but at the last minute you dont. It would set in the grid.
2. Tron - DR on the same premise of TSMM where you are in the grid but have to destroy recognizers, light tanks, light jets. Kind of like the POTC VR in Disney quest but you are riding in a light-runner.
3. New Pavillion - Weather
Unknown what could go in here, but I see a ton of potential

World Showcase -
Canada - Log flume ride (Already discussed here)

England - I like the idea of a new alice ride as well as a Sherlock Holmes murder mystery dinner theater. there could be 3 or 4 scripts which would allow for unpredictability and it would be a long time until the same guest to see the same show.

Morroco - Alladin DR/thrill ride. Based on the movie

Germany - actually build the Rhine river ride

New Pavillion - Egypt or Russia (a DR in either)

Animal Kingdom -
1. Lion King DR (given)
2. Demolish the carnival and make the boneyard wooden coaster that was supposed to be there.
3. JTTCOTE - DR/Thrill ride combo.
4. New Land - Either South America or Aust.

Magic Kingdom -
Jungle Book DR in Adventureland
DR in frontierland, I don't know what, but there needs to be more.
Futureworld - Stark Expo with a couple of futuristic DR's
Fantacyland - Pinocchio DR and a Sleeping Beauty DR.

Scuttle

I still think an Aladdin dark motion simulator magic carpet ride would be incredible. Think soarin meets forbidden journey. What potential this could have. It, IMO, could be the e-ticket the MK has lacked for 20 years. Plus we could rip those stupid carpets out of the middle of adventureland.

MattyDrums

Tomorrowland Speedway needs a MAJOR overhaul. Maybe update with Pixar's Cars.

Also would love to see any additions to Muppet Studios. An Electric Mayhem show would be great.

Magic Kingdom

Pinocchio would be a great addition to Fantasyland. It tells a great story and actually has a powerful message. The crying donkeys get me every time.

Stitch....something needs to be done. It's just not entertaining

Epcot

HISTK/ EO: I know this isn't really a dark ride but I think that it would be a great fit here. A Tron themed attraction would fit well. The story could revolve around the crowd being transported onto the Grid to watch the games. So many things could revolve around this concept....

Imagination: Dreamfinder please.

DHS

Great Movie Ride: There are just a couple of parts that need a revamp (a lot of the dialogue). I know it's a classic, but it just feels like it needs something new.

Monsters INC.: A ride like or identical to CA's would be a perfect addition to Pixar Place.

Animal Kingdom

Lion King: The Lion King is such a successful franchise they could easily find a dark ride to theme around it.....maybe Young Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom