What could Disney do better with wwohp if they wouldve won the licence?

DisneyImagine

I don't think Disney could have done a better job, altough they probably would have made it with a higher capacity at least.

I'm glad though that Disney didn't end up with Potter, whatever park they would have put it in (and I'm assuming DHS) it would have become a crowd disaster. Not the most magical of experiences

SleepingMonk

I'm glad though that Disney didn't end up with Potter, whatever park they would have put it in (and I'm assuming DHS) it would have become a crowd disaster. Not the most magical of experiences

I simply don't understand statements like that.

So you don't ever want WDW to add another amazing ride or attraction ever again because it might mean a long line or two?

It's no wonder Disney has a "just enough to get by" mentality these days.

Buried20KLeague

Being able to create a series of books like Potter and translating that work into a theme park land are 2 very different skill sets. You have to do more than just build the town you imagined. Issues like capacity, guest flow, economic viability, etc all have to be planned out. From my understanding this is where Rowling and WDI came to an impasse. After what we have seen with the stores and there apparent disregard for capacity and guest flow it looks like US ignored decades worth of experience in theme park management and just gave Rowling her way. Time will tell if that was a good decision or not.

I would offer an opposite suggestion:

Maybe JKR, in conjunction with Uni Creative, decided that they build this section of the park to handle the crowds not that would descend on opening day, but on what they projected to be average attendance for the long term. Maybe they made a decision up front that these stores and areas would be overwhelmed early on for a while, so they would just limit access to the area rather than build the world out to handle massive capacity and sacrifice staying true to the vision of the village.

Plausible, I'd think. :shrug:

JKR's got to be a smart person. And Uni Creative is, too. They had to know exactly what would be needed, and surely she understood that she's not an expert at crowd control, guest flow, etc...

I'd bet 6 months from now crowd control and guest flow (etc) won't be an issue.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would offer an opposite suggestion:

Maybe JKR, in conjunction with Uni Creative, decided that they build this section of the park to handle the crowds not that would descend on opening day, but on what they projected to be average attendance for the long term. Maybe they made a decision up front that these stores and areas would be overwhelmed early on for a while, so they would just limit access to the area rather than build the world out to handle massive capacity and sacrifice staying true to the vision of the village.

Plausible, I'd think. :shrug:

JKR's got to be a smart person. And Uni Creative is, too. They had to know exactly what would be needed, and surely she understood that she's not an expert at crowd control, guest flow, etc...

I'd bet 6 months from now crowd control and guest flow (etc) won't be an issue.
No park could or even should be designed to take the opening day crowds that WWoHP received but what worries me more than anything are the rather small footprints for the shops. While this is no big deal for those of us looking for the attractions the stores and the revenue they generate are what pushes the books into the black. If they can not handle even moderate guest traffic WWoHP could become unprofitable very quickly. Only time will tell. I for one hope I am wrong. Disney, TDO in particular, needs good firm kick in the back side and WWoHP is about the only thing that could deliver it.

On kind of an unrelated side note, does anyone else think it will be hard to maintain those white snow covered roofs in hogsmeade? I mean, how long before it isn't white any more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom