What could be coming to EPCOT next!

hokielutz

I wish they'd re theme future world to Walts concepts for progress city and the original Epcot. Add wedway people mover, add the massive progress city model to one of the pavilions, and have each pavilion talk about the vision of the future through technological progress as it once did. Showcase the past and how they viewed the future as horizons did as well as the future that is coming and the future we've already obtained. Robotics pavilion, medical and genetics, space travel and exploration, clean energy... So many things are happening in these fields right now they could all be used. Get guys like elon musk, Neil degrasse Tyson, and bill bye to come back and add some authority to the message.

How about a pavilion / dark ride that does everything you mentioned here. Educate everyone on the past ambitions and emphasize a future world is possible as long as those with the dreams & ideas are able to push it. Even do a nod to Horizons.

CastleBound

Epcot needs a ton of help.
-Redo the entire park entrance
-Spaceship Earth needs a new ending
-Universe of Energy needs a complete overhaul
-Inside Out needs to take over the Wonders of Life building
-Imagination needs a complete overhaul
-Captain EO needs to be replaced
-Soarin is getting upgraded thankfully
-Update and fill Inoventions
-Each WS pavilion needs a ride, Mount Fuji coaster for Japan, gondola boat ride in Italy, Add a Mickey's fun wheel clone to the UK in reference to the London Eye and so on
-Add new countries to World Showcase
-New updated films in each country
-A miniature parade, maybe
-Generally repaint, upgrade and refurbish everything else
-Upgrade Iluminations

AND then I would absolutely love Epcot :)
Really good thinking with Inside Out being a theme at WOL. I think that would be great. The them of the film would really work there. Actually, a ride inside the mind of someone with an Inside Out theme would be amazing. Just an updated version of Body Wars essentially. Makes total sense. I think it would be a great way to teach kids about life, their minds, and how to accept sadness.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Redo/retheme the entire Seas w Nemo
Redo/retheme the Imagination
Redo/retheme Universe of Energy
Do something/anything with WOL
Obvious update Future World
I like WS so not sure if I'd touch that right now to be honest. As said above probably update the movies where they are shown granted I skip them anyways. The coaster at Japan would be cool.
Well realistically they aren't going to change The Seas. Although I agree I like the "old version" it's nowhere near as bad as the other areas.

Future World needs a vision for sure. U of E and WOL have to be revamped and help out the park first. Then Innoventions. After that, I want World Showcase to get another country before they decide to look at Seas again.

ryguy

Imagination pavilion has to be first. Then Energy. Both areas have worlds of potential. Can't believe they haven't been revamped yet. Insult to our intelligence really. And our wallet/purses/ packs...etc

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I was at Epcot during the F&W festival during 2010. Other than seeing the WoL pavilion, it was a huge disaster.

KrazyKat

Here's what I would love to see added to WS:
India-they have the world's second highest population and should be included. They could build a recreation of the Taj Mahal with a restaurant/shopping and possibly a film about India and or some kind of ride based on one of their folklore.

Brazil-recreate a view of Rio landscape with giant Jesus statue in the background. Of course put a nice Brazilian steakhouse, shopping and a boat ride through the Amazon. Think the scene from Living with the Land but longer with maybe a drop over a waterfall.

Russia-recreate The Kremlin, which is considered some of the finest architecture in the world. Of course the usual restaurant/Vodka bar and maybe a sleigh ride through Siberia. I know this one is controversial with all the politics currently going on with Russia but the fact is, it's the largest country in the world with a rich history and should be included. We already have China included anyway.

montyz81

The conversation in this thread is a bit disturbing to me. Most think Epcot needs to follow the same direction as The Seas, The Mexico Pavilion, The Norway Pavilion. Personally, I think there is a way to get back to the original idea of Epcot Center (Not Walt's EPCOT) which was to provide education and awareness of culture and new technology. I think what needs to happen is to put pavilions back in place that educate but do it in a way that includes both Disney characters and ups the fun factor. Think Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or event Splash Mountain. Fast and fun when it needs to be, slow when you want to help people learn. This is what Epcot needs in both FW and WS, IMO. That way you get the best of both worlds!

wdwfan4ver

I mentioned it in the past in other topics about Epcot that I have no problems with IP's into Epcot depending on how they are used. I would be in support of using Inside Out and Big Hero Six depending on how they are being used.

How the Finding Nemo Universe is used in the Seas staring Nemo and Friends is a prime example of not using an IP correctly for Epcot. The Nemo ride basically was a ride version of Finding Nemo. Using Nemo correctly for Epcot would have been stuff like having guests on an attraction that has Mr. Ray showing stuff from the sea to guests.

MonorailLover

Here's what I would love to see added to WS:
India-they have the world's second highest population and should be included. They could build a recreation of the Taj Mahal with a restaurant/shopping and possibly a film about India and or some kind of ride based on one of their folklore.

Brazil-recreate a view of Rio landscape with giant Jesus statue in the background. Of course put a nice Brazilian steakhouse, shopping and a boat ride through the Amazon. Think the scene from Living with the Land but longer with maybe a drop over a waterfall.

Russia-recreate The Kremlin, which is considered some of the finest architecture in the world. Of course the usual restaurant/Vodka bar and maybe a sleigh ride through Siberia. I know this one is controversial with all the politics currently going on with Russia but the fact is, it's the largest country in the world with a rich history and should be included. We already have China included anyway.

They made a pin set at some point, including 3 countries that were potential candidates for being put into the WS. They were Russia, Switzerland, and Australia.

Issue with Switzerland would be that the ride could essentially be a Matterhorn carbon copy, which I would like, but I'm sure some people would think it should only be in Disneyland.

If they put in an Aussie pavilion, I could see them putting a nemo ride there, and redoing the seas. Although this won't happen....

Marlins1

The most obvious thing they could do is add Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to the UK Pavilion.
Wow - If they did that I would consider it the 5th best ride in the park right now behind Soarin, TT, SSE and just behind LWTL. We'll see if Frozen could beat it.

Last edited:

doctornick

So, it's interesting to note that (reportedly)$350M was earmarked to Epcot on the next few years, it wasn't for the known Frozen and Soarin' changes, and yet we have no idea what is coming. I'm hoping for a new ride in WS (would prefer something like the a My Fuji ride in Japan but would be fine with Ratatouille in France) and a revamp of one of the poor (Imagination, UoE) or closed (WoL) pavillions in FW for that money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom