What could be coming to EPCOT next!

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Exactly! Or just showcase the latest in technology. The whole future concept is a little outdated and as you said, by the time anything gets done, it's completely out of date.
Considering how out of date Future World is at the moment, I'd gladly accept "less out of date" haha

ULPO46

Considering how out of date Future World is at the moment, I'd gladly accept "less out of date" haha
I liked Innoventions concept. It showcased the modern and most recent tech toys, much of which the average joe couldn't afford anyways, but it worked. I don't understand why it needed to be removed. Future world is in a transition stage as is the rest of the Walt Disney World Resort. I'm more than sure that within the next ten years, as the millennials take over, Disney will get back to it's prime. We miss the Disney we grew up with. We loved the friendly employees not the bitter folk who don't seem like their having fun.

cookiee_munster

Poor EPCOT. that park these days thrives on nostalgia and the love of everything vintage.

That's purely the reason i loved this park. because it's got this 80's essence, which in reality really is a bad thing, seeing as its a park about innovation and the future...

i'd love to see no more character tie ins, and a lot more focus on teaching but not in such a beige/preachy kind of way.

Imagination, as great as inside/out was, i believe that pixar could be utilised in a different way. i'd like to see dreamfinder and figment re-imagined via pixar, given a new story and a new attraction.

India would be a great addition to the World Showcase too.

RSoxNo1

Forget replacing WOL pavilion... Instead I think Inside out would do GREAT in Captain Eo's spot. Turn the theatre into a kid's "imagination land"

Inside-Out-80.png

It could be crazy, kookie, and easily be made interactive. It would get Inside Out into the parks in a way that would make sense without having to redo/re open a whole pavilion.

PLUS, how cute would it be to see Figment and Bing Bong share a scene?!!?

DOUBLE PLUS, Keep all the kid stuff concentrated to one area. :p
Pixar belongs in DHS.

RSoxNo1

And Frozen belongs in Magic Kingdom, but well we are getting Frozen Ever After too. Inside Out however kinda gives the edutaining system a reason to exist.
Just because mistakes have been made doesn't mean they should continue to be made. As of today, the park that has a land called "Pixar Place" has the least amount of Pixar based attractions of any Disney park around the world.

orlando678-

Just because mistakes have been made doesn't mean they should continue to be made. As of today, the park that has a land called "Pixar Place" has the least amount of Pixar based attractions of any Disney park around the world.
But making a ride based on the human mind in Pixar Place while Epcot who deals with Imagination or if Wonders of Life ever reopens, the human body wouldnt make sense at all, not even just because its Pixar. Frozen however:mad:

Haymarket2008

But making a ride based on the human mind in Pixar Place while Epcot who deals with Imagination or if Wonders of Life ever reopens, the human body wouldnt make sense at all, not even just because its Pixar. Frozen however:mad:

Yeah, unfortunately, despite my gripes with major IP presence in Epcot, I agree. For example, they'll never build a Ratatouille ride with a surrounding Parisian area in Pixar Place. If the rat comes to WDW, it is going to the France Pavilion. That being said: Inside Out has no right replacing Figment in Imagination. But that is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Haymarket2008

Forget replacing WOL pavilion... Instead I think Inside out would do GREAT in Captain Eo's spot. Turn the theatre into a kid's "imagination land"

Inside-Out-80.png

It could be crazy, kookie, and easily be made interactive. It would get Inside Out into the parks in a way that would make sense without having to redo/re open a whole pavilion.

PLUS, how cute would it be to see Figment and Bing Bong share a scene?!!?

DOUBLE PLUS, Keep all the kid stuff concentrated to one area. :p

I think replacing EO with this, and maybe sprucing up the fountain area (kind of like the "Emotion Garden" that took place during Flower & Garden") , would be a great idea. I think that Figment/Dreamfinder could work in tandem with Inside Out. Not in the sense that they would share an attraction, that is a misguided and poor idea, but they could share the message of the pavilion. Inside Out to the Magic Eye/Fountain area and Figment/Dreamfinder gets the dark ride/ImageWorks. It isn't ideal, but far worse things could happen.

MalMeansBad

I think they should bring back Cranium Command but with an updated Inside Out makeover.
I know they have largely used the Wonders of Life pavilion for event space since the attractions closed, and most of the theming is gone, but an Inside Out makeover could be an awesome way to bring back that aspect of the original park. There is plenty that they could do with the characters and theming, not just the Cranium Command attraction. The only issue I could see with it would be finding someone to sponsor the redo.

Brer Panther

I'd be fine with Inside Out coming to the Journey Into Imagination attraction... IF and only IF it features the characters and Figment on the same level of prominence. I don't want Figment to leave the park for good.

But if given the choice, I'd rather have Dreamfinder come back and keep the Inside Out stuff in the Magic Eye Theater.

montyz81

There have been many rumors swirling about this to replace all the old pavilions and bring in the new!
I think they should add a Wall-E dark ride because it's the perfect fit because it does take part in the future!
Also they should add some kind roller coaster because EPCOT does not have one yet
What are your thoughts and what dou you think they should add to this park because EPCOT has really been lacking lately?
these are awful suggestions, sorry! If they are going to Pixar EPCOT then it needs to be done with Walt's original idea in mind. There is almost nothing left in the park that fits Experimenting, Prototyping or even Community development! Epcot should get back to its routes even if they put movie overlays in there. I really think they can do both. Educate, experiment and prototype but use Pixar and Disney characters to do it!

TyrantBoss

I want Epcot redesigned.
a) A Wall-E attraction and a Wall-E themed restaurant would be great. A Wall-E dark ride attached to a restaurant where you sit in the lounges that they sat in on the cruise ship with giant TVs. That would be a very fun and inventive attraction. Disney used to push the envelope with creativity and innovation...they don't do that too much anymore. I think the Land area would be the perfect place to either expand or redesign. Keep Soarin' and add Wall-E to it since his movie is a bit about the environment.

b) They need to have an animatronic Wall-E walking around outside his area. If they can have a talking palm tree at Animal Kingdom and a talking trash can at Epcot...then a Wall-E is actually very possible.

c) I know they just redid Test Track a few years ago, but it may be time to say goodbye to that and build a Tron coaster like they did in Shanghai Disney. That Tron coast looks pretty cool.

d) I like Inside-Out moving to the Imagination pavilion. Much like Horizons used to be your car can choose it's decisions and your emotions will take you on a different track based on the decision you make. Not too hard to accomplish. Hell they can put that over where Horizons used to be if they really want to.

e) If they put Inside Out over where Horizons used to be then Imagination is still available. They can either redo that and bring back the Dreammaster guy with Figment.....or turn Imagination into a Monsters Inc area and the imagination of dreams and a dark ride/door coaster. Either way that can work.

f) Put the Animation Academy in Epcot and replace that indoor meet and greet area and part of innovations which is pretty much a waste. Then tied the Animation Academy into the Art of Disney store as the pass through exit option. You can make the Animation Academy much bigger.

g) The Finding Nemo ride in the Living with the Seas area needs to be redone. It is horrible. Turtle talk with Crush is pretty lame.
You can have a MUCH better Nemo dark ride/small coster that takes you on an exploratory and educational journey through the ocean. You can meet sea life, try to out run sharks who get hungry, and ride the EAC in a faster roller coaster type part.....or just a lot of wind to make you think you're going faster. Then you end up in Australia at the end......which ties into their NEW pavilion on World Showcase (see below).

h) Ellen's Energy thing has to GO. It is SO boring. I would prefer this ride over taking Ambien when I need some sleep.
Either put Wall-E at The Land area, or repurpose this as a Wall-E attraction. But if they REALLY want us to learn about energy.....this could be the Monsters Inc area where they teach us about Energy through screams and laughter....and then teach you about other sources of energy that people use in the real world not the Monster world. Start with educational...then take you on a dark ride door coaster to make it more fun. Mixing both would be brilliant.

g) Keep Spaceship Earth but they really need to improve the descent. Currently that is my nap ride. When I'm tired I go on that ride and get a solid 10 minutes of sleep. That entire cheap animation thing is crap. I would rather they go the way of Haunted Mansion and have you pick your future...face a screen and have the future hologram around your body actually placing you into that future as it animates around you...like they do with the the ghosts at the end of HM.

At night they should light up all of the buildings in Future World to look like a Tron illuminated city scape. It needs to look very futuristic and fantastical. Make it stand out.

h) I think an Australia pavilion would be great and a zoo with Koala's, Kangaroos and Wallabies, etc.. I would also like to see Brazil. With Brazil Disney can get all crazy with all of that environmental rain forest crap they love to push on us. That gives us pretty much every continent and then some. I also wouldn't mind Russia with a mock up of the Kremlin in the background. LOTS of great culture and history in Russia as well.

I'm sure some of you will pick this apart. I don't care. This is simply what I would love to see....a full overhaul. Other ideas are fully welcome.

TyrantBoss

these are awful suggestions, sorry! If they are going to Pixar EPCOT then it needs to be done with Walt's original idea in mind. There is almost nothing left in the park that fits Experimenting, Prototyping or even Community development! Epcot should get back to its routes even if they put movie overlays in there. I really think they can do both. Educate, experiment and prototype but use Pixar and Disney characters to do it!

Actually Walt's original idea was a city of the future....not some corporation driven little park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom