What could be coming to EPCOT next!

CaptainJackNO

I don't think we need a coaster. I want immersive attractions that are true to the park concept. I agree that SE needs a new ending, or the previous ending.

I agree WOL needs to reopen, but under its original theme. I say bring back a new and improved body wars with alternate experiences like SW.

Bring back the original JII minus the turntable, put an attraction to image works area, and how about a futuristic 3D movie also including Figment 4D.

Would love an Italy dark ride via boat. A thrilling mt. Fuji would be cool if it also taught about Japan. Would love to see every nation with a dark ride ala original Norway ride.

WDWGuide

An e-ticket in the World Showcase, putting something in Wonders of Life, and replacing Universe of Energy with a new attraction would go a long way to revitalize the park.

JeffBostock

I think one thing they can do is with the additional theatre for Soarin' being built, once the existing 2 get the digital upgrades complete, they should have one of them remain Soarin' Over California. Have 2 theatres for Soarin Over the World. Then Disney can tout it as 2 different attractions. Maybe this is already the plan, but I doubt it is. I think this would be good as it will give people 2 different experiences for no extra expense to Disney over what they were already spending to do the update.

ctrlaltdel

Well I do really believe that after they are done upgrading DHS, they are gonna have to do something to at least FW. By that point, it will be in almost as bad as shape as DHS. Add a few more countries to WS as well. This probably won't happen substantially for 10 years, but I truly feel the BoD will have to approve a massive budget to fix EPCOT (as big or bigger than DHS). After that, all the parks will (hopefully) be in good shape, and we may finally get a 5th gate.

orlando678-

Look while I'm against tie ins of franchises like Nemo and Frozen, I would actually be fine with Inside Out and even Ratatouille, if the ride would teach guests a bit about French cuisine. Inside out honestly looks like its made for Epcot. A ratatouille ride similar to the Paris ride would be sad for DLP, but if it had a few small changes to fit Epcot, it would be quite alright. I dont understand Frozen. It has nothing to teach guests about Norway, eventhough the story is inspired by Scandinavian influences. The same with Nemo. I understand it a bit, but they created a simple book report of Nemo's story, which doesn't fit Epcot. Frozen will be a new story, but its just a Frozen 2, which doesnt fit Epcot, just like the Nemo ride.

FrankLapidus

A change of direction from the one Disney appear to be heading in would be nice.

There's quite a lot at Epcot I'd like to see change, starting with the entrance plaza right back through the park to World Showcase. If you ever get a chance to see some of the concept art for never-built attractions done by the likes of Herb Ryman and Sam McKim its quite difficult to not regret what might have been.

In an ideal world I'd like to see them start with restoring Imagination! to what it once was, sorting out Spaceship Earth (an attraction I love) and getting rid of Captain EO.

Last edited:

JasonDeyoung

Redo/retheme the entire Seas w Nemo
Redo/retheme the Imagination
Redo/retheme Universe of Energy
Do something/anything with WOL
Obvious update Future World
I like WS so not sure if I'd touch that right now to be honest. As said above probably update the movies where they are shown granted I skip them anyways. The coaster at Japan would be cool.

zooey

I wish they'd re theme future world to Walts concepts for progress city and the original Epcot. Add wedway people mover, add the massive progress city model to one of the pavilions, and have each pavilion talk about the vision of the future through technological progress as it once did. Showcase the past and how they viewed the future as horizons did as well as the future that is coming and the future we've already obtained. Robotics pavilion, medical and genetics, space travel and exploration, clean energy... So many things are happening in these fields right now they could all be used. Get guys like elon musk, Neil degrasse Tyson, and bill bye to come back and add some authority to the message.

Spoxy

I would love to see WOL come back and more rides in the WS pavilions. While I love walking around and exploring WS, it is currently an international mall. Which in this day and age you can get most of the merchandise from the Internet for far less than you would pay at EPCOT. I love the idea of a ferris wheel in England and a Fiji coaster. Something just occurred to me on the frozen take over of what is suppose to be an educational section of the park. If American children are actually learning about other countries from the WS, and let's face given our current educational system WS may actually be where they recieve most of their cultural knowledge, are there going to now be people running around believing that Arendale is real and Norway is fictious? Or Arendale is part of Norway? Scary stuff people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom