What can go wrong on Summit Plummet?

Clamman73

Hey, at least it's not this! Action Park, NJ LOL

nrhpwzup4bdnwm8308ia.jpg
I remember looking at it during a visit in early '90s and was thinking...no...I don't think so...but it was closed anyway...

wdwstateofmind

Hey, at least it's not this! Action Park, NJ LOL

nrhpwzup4bdnwm8308ia.jpg
You are my hero...the more people that remember the concrete kingdom known as Action Park, the better! There are some horror stories out of the place and the new place (Mountain Creek) kept a lot of the old. It's like walking into the 90s every time you go. I don't live in New Jersey anymore, so really thanks for bringing the memories back to me for a hot minute.

prfctlyximprct

You are my hero...the more people that remember the concrete kingdom known as Action Park, the better! There are some horror stories out of the place and the new place (Mountain Creek) kept a lot of the old. It's like walking into the 90s every time you go. I don't live in New Jersey anymore, so really thanks for bringing the memories back to me for a hot minute.

Glad you could enjoy! Gotta love dirty jersey haha :)

Bairstow

Having done all three of Disney's "big" slides, Summit Plummet is, in my opinion, the most fun and least scary, despite being the tallest.

Slush Gusher might look milder, but its curvy flume means that a lot of people will actually catch airtime and completely break contact with the surface of the slide as they go down. This, needless to say, is terrifying.

Humonga Cowabunga is older, but it's design isn't as "smart" as the big slides at Blizzard Beach. As a consequence, the splashdown is far more violent. Two rides was enough to give me a painful bruise.

matt9112

It would be cool if there was some kind of trap door that made the rider think the slide did go up the ak launch and it drops at last moment or something

Figmentation

Two of my friends are pretty big guys, and when they rode Crushin' Gusher the CM encouraged them to ride together. Unfortunately inertia took over and their raft flipped on a curve, and they landed hard on the tube. One bruised a rib.

Yeah. The thing launches you so hard, difficult to keep a good grip. And if your big.. what you said.

It's fun, but super scary.

Seabasealpha1

Actually...I've only ever been to typhoon lagoon...the worst thing (and the first thing when we got there!) I had happen was that I foolishly thought (and my family did too) we could sit at the edge of the wave pool...we all got drug across the bottom by the wave and it scraped the living s*** out of all of us...my mom got major road rash up the side of one leg (and it scabbed and turned green for the rest of the week!) and it ground off the edge of one of my toes...like...to the point of bleeding like crazy...

It sucked. It royally sucked.

But The Coconut Crusher was awesome...minus my girlfriend's (wife now) screaming to get off the whole time...lol

matt9112

Side note.....wish they would put a little bit more money into the waterparks.

Hahahshshshs that will never happen....like stars those dreams have been dead more millions of years.

Otterhead

Side note.....wish they would put a little bit more money into the waterparks.

Hahahshshshs that will never happen....like stars those dreams have been dead more millions of years.

As in, what? They've been keeping them up with annual rehabs; what sort of thing would they add?

KLinder7

Not that this is Disney related but heard they are now bringing back the Action Park name lol.

twebber55

hey everyone

I've been doing a bunch of research and am trying to psyche myself up to go on summit plummet.
Not going to lie... it looks SUPER SCARY! But i want to do it...

is there anything that can go wrong? lol
i got two gigantic bruises on my butt after riding it 4 times

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom