what cameras does everyone have?

C&D

Canon S1 1S (3.2 mp, 10x occular zoom); works pretty well.

If I'd do it again I would probably get the S3 1S or S5 1S (more pixels)

KeithVH

Just to confuse you more, check out these threads with recommendations:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=204692

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=190795

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=185459

Personally, I think for the best image quality and reasonable price, there is nothing on the market that, dollar for dollar, will beat the Canon A6xx series. For no other reason than it has a much larger sensor. Most everything else in the lower price range (<$400) will have a 1/2.5" sensor. Quite common and under daylight conditions, most will take an acceptable picture. Anything less than a sunny day - it's a gamble. Altho as someone has already mentioned the S3/S5 is decent, even if it does have a smaller chip. Except for maybe the Fuji f31d, I doubt for $400 or less you will find a better camera with more features capable of consistently delivering the best results than the Canon A650IS.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
i can't wait til there is a camera that can reproduce the same images that an eye can see, point and click nightshots OMGWTFBBQ!

I have a sony 7.2mp cyber-shot with a 3x lens.

i haven't used it at wdw yet, since i just got it in like april. i used to use a fuji digital (only 3mp), but I didn't like it because it had a huge lens guard and is just too bulky to carry around.

I like my cyber-shot camera though, because it has a lot of different settings on it that make it really easy to use for people like me. I LOVE to take pictures but I don't really have the patience to really learn how to make use out of all the different functions. In 28 days I'll finally be "home" and will be able to use my new camera, and hopefully I will be able to share some great results!

I have the same camera and I love it!! I just bought it a few months ago and haven't been to Disney with it but I've been all over practicing and the pictures come out amazing!! And the camera is nice and small to put in your pocket!!

Yanks07

Remember the old Polaroid's, you snap a picture, take it out of the bottom of the camera, wave it in the air for 30-45 seconds and you have a color picture. I wish I still had that, these days, a Sony Cyber something. :veryconfu

Laura

Premium Member
i can't wait til there is a camera that can reproduce the same images that an eye can see, point and click nightshots OMGWTFBBQ!

You can easily point and click night shots with the right lens. There's really nothing to it if you have your camera set properly.

I carry around an SLR (canon digital rebel) with 3 lenses, which is not the most comfortable way to tour the parks, but I am not happy with how my pictures turn out if I don't have all my lenses all the time! I also have a small fuji finepix that I take on days when I'm not feeling as picky about my pictures.

Tinkrbell

Remember the old Polaroid's, you snap a picture, take it out of the bottom of the camera, wave it in the air for 30-45 seconds and you have a color picture.
What makes you think that I dont still use one of those at WDW?
j/k.

I have a polaroid i633. Just from using it at home, I can tell already that the delay between pictures isn't as long as my old one, which was a Concord.

lilclerk

I have a little Olympus IR-300. It's 5mp, 3x zoom, 4x digital zoom (though I try not to use the digital zoom because the pictures are sort of icky.)
It takes some great pictures, but it's a few years old and I've been looking to upgrade as well (yes, I'm one of those people.)

dolbyman

You can easily point and click night shots with the right lens. There's really nothing to it if you have your camera set properly.

like hdr cams ? but you need a HDR monitor to view them afterwards ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Remember the old Polaroid's, you snap a picture, take it out of the bottom of the camera, wave it in the air for 30-45 seconds and you have a color picture. I wish I still had that, these days, a Sony Cyber something. :veryconfu
I still have one of those.:lookaroun

WDWFigment

Canon SD1000 and Casio Exilim EZR (I think that's the model of the latter) and a Sunpak Travellite tripod. The last item is the most important part of the equation to getting good pictures a lot of the time.

celticdog

I carry around an SLR (canon digital rebel) with 3 lenses, which is not the most comfortable way to tour the parks, but I am not happy with how my pictures turn out if I don't have all my lenses all the time! I also have a small fuji finepix that I take on days when I'm not feeling as picky about my pictures.

I concur. There really is nothing like a good DSLR. I personally prefer Nikon and have way too much stuff. I limit myself to two lenses and a travel tripod in a small shoulder sling pack. I, however, only carry the D40. I never replaced my old film point and shoot.

JWG

Crap.. me too!
Canon Digital Rebl XTi with 18-55mm lens and 75-300mm lens. That gap absolutely sucks. I need a midrange lens. Something 28/33 - 128/200 or so - just can't justify the cost right now.

Also a Fuji 3mp point and click finepix that eats batteries like candy that I abuse when I want to be active and take photos. It's not great, but it gets the job done 85% of the time.

dandaman

1. Canon Powershot A430. 4 MP, 4x Optical Zoom, 14x Digital Zoom. Shutter "slow speed" max. 1 sec.

My dad's camera, though I've been using it for a month now, since he thought he was leaving HIS at home while going on vacation... anyway. :lol:

2. Canon Powershot A640. 10 MP, 4x Optical Zoom, 16x Digital Zoom. Also has options to adjust shutter speed as much as 15 sec... Between lightning and the amusement park "spinning night ride" pics, I've had a lot of fun with that in the past couple of weeks alone. :D

Yanks07

What makes you think that I dont still use one of those at WDW?
j/k.

I have a polaroid i633. Just from using it at home, I can tell already that the delay between pictures isn't as long as my old one, which was a Concord.

I don,t know or really care if you use one at WDW. I just think it is a really cool camera. :cool:
j/k.

takeleus

I started out with a Cannon S30 but have since upgraded to a Lumix DMC-FZ5 it is a 5 MgPX camera with a 12X zoom. It is great for outside, low light and video but have not mastered taking motion images yet. It is the best digital zoom that i have ever seen on a camera. Also works great for fireworks.

My 12 year old daughter uses a Samsung A503 it is also a 5 MgPx and 3X Zoom. It takes great pictures for a small camera.

Take lots of pictures, practice alot, that will help more than the fancy camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom