What attractions would you consider “sacred?”

FettFan

Space Mountain is only "sacred" to a degree. The coaster itself needs to be replaced.
A1KGu6t.jpg

See all that yellow paint on the track? That's allegedly to mark areas that need work.

The last time I rode it was rather rough....some of the corners had me slamming against the side of the rocket.

But the exterior? The distinctive white building? DON'T TOUCH IT.

TwilightZone

Space Mountain is only "sacred" to a degree. The coaster itself needs to be replaced.
A1KGu6t.jpg

See all that yellow paint on the track? That's allegedly to mark areas that need work.

The last time I rode it was rather rough....some of the corners had me slamming against the side of the rocket.

But the exterior? The distinctive white building? DON'T TOUCH IT.
I'm pretty sure the yellow areas are from when disney was planning to remove the track completely, not areas that need work.

LUVofDIS

Walt Disney World RR
COP
Space Mountain
PeopleMover
It's a Small World
Dumbo (not that I like it)
Teacups
It's A Small World
Peter Pan's Flight
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents
Liberty Square Riverboat
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Birds.
There are a number in Epcot I would consider sacred that are already gone or changed significantly. (SpaceShip Earth, World of Motion, Horizons, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Body Wars, Cranium Command,)
Of those still functioning, The American Adventure and especially the Voices of Liberty.
At the Studios, The Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror, Muppetvision 3D, Star Tours
At DAK, The Safari, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest,

That should do it!

Soooo, I assume you don't want WDW to ever change? Interesting. Not that I disagree with your list, it just seems lengthy.

N2dru

COP, HM, Space Mountain and PM for the MK. Spaceship Earth for Epcot. Kilimanjaro Safari for AK. TOT for DHS. These attractions help define the parks they are located in. Anyone else agree?

Last edited:

aw14

• HM
  • COP
  • People Mover
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Dumbo
  • Pirates
  • Space Mountain
  • SSE
  • TOT
  • Safari
This certainly shows my bias to MK lol

scarr13311

Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Pirates Caribbean
Carousel of Progress
Small world
Peter Pan
Splash Mountain
People Mover - best time to ride is at night when park is lit up and perfect to just sit back take a break :)

Epcot
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Figment
Test Track

Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Tough to be a Bug
Safari

Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Mania
Tower of Terror
Great Movie Ride (sad that it is gone)

BlakeW39

I think that all attractions can be improved and added onto. However some are so vital to the core of their respective parks that they cannot be changed and altered from their soul.

Magic Kingdom

Dumbo, Small World, Teacups - I actually don't ride Dumbo or Teacups (though I unwillingly ride SW) anymore, but they are so incredibly iconic that if changed, the park would lose a part of its geart. It's so important that these rides stay as they are passed from generation to generation.

Pirates of the Carribean - not only is this ride just too iconic and important to the overall park (and alone that is enough), but it is genuinely a phenomenal ride. It has great theme and is very fun, easily one of the best theme park rides.

Splash Mountain - such a great ride, in my opinion MK's best, if not the best period. Besides, it's become a core ride and though it was created later, this proves that a legend can be created at any time.

Train - yet another core. Only to be improved.

Hall of Presidents/Carousel of Progress - I say these because they are of tradition and even though I could care less, it's really important to some.

Big Thunder/Space Mountain - so iconic, and while Space needs to be entirely rehauled, keep the theme and building. On Pirates and Splash level.

Castle Lights/Fireworks Show, Parades, Character Greetings, etc. - I know it doesn't exactly constitute an attraction, but these are all elements that are ultimately essential to all Disney theme parks, especially the Magic Kingdom.

Those attractions that I did not mention I have considered, but I have very specific reasons not to include them. While I think that Jungle Cruise is as classic as any, and it is important too, but I think that it could be removed only for the fact that it exists because Kilimanjaro Safaris wasn't feasible for the time. But now we have Kili and it is so phenomenal and crucial to Animal Kingdom that JC could go. But nontheless, I know some will find this blasphemy.

The thing with Magic Kingdom is that it is so legendary is status that if you take away something too important and replace it with something, while the new ride can be great it can't be generational or nostalgic, I'd never be able to show my kids and have them ride just as my parents did with me.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Just thought over the other parks and they have less because they don't behave like MK. I'll go in chronological order.

Epcot

Nothing to see here. Epcot's very concept is progression, I find that it should constantly evolve, and with its currect state, it does not need a massive update. It needs a park wide revamp, everything everywhere. Keep it educational. But make it fun. I feel as if AK does what Epcot tries to do more effectively.

Hollywood Studios

Tower of Terror - it's the core of the park. It is THE HS attraction. It's the practically the symbol of the park. Immersive atteactions are great ones. Which reminds me, HS needs a new symbol... lol ToT is not an effective symbol that sums up the park.

Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Safaris - this ride is crucial. Kili is the icon of the park. The fact that it is so incredible is enough to warrant its maintainence, but it is the core of the park and represents the entirety of the park, becoming one with the term Animal Kingdom. Immersive and the icon of the park, it must stay

Expedition Everest - it's very iconic and is a really good ride. Fix the Yeti and it becomes a whole lot better. It must stay beczuse it, like Kili Safaris but to a lesser level. Core to the park.

Scoots71

Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World Railroad
Space Mountain
TTA Peoplemover
Carousel of Progress
Dumbo
Teacups
Peter Pan's Flight
It's a Small World
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Enchanted Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise
Afternoon Parade, Evening Fireworks, Castle Christmas Lights

Epcot
Spaceship Earth (with some modernizations over time)

Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom
Kilamanjaro Safaris (this is the purpose of the park)
Expedition Everest
It's Tough to be a Bug

TheDuke

Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Carousel of Progress (other than the last scene), Spaceship Earth, Impressions de France

ThatMouse

If they replaced every current Disney attraction with something else it would not bother me. They already removed everything I cared about. EPCOT was what I grew up with and it seems like I just go there now to reminisce. Staying positive, I'm looking forward to a nighttime parade at MK. Hopefully the next nighttime show at EPCOT has great music NOT by that horrible composer Michael Giacchino and is not based on Guardians or Frozen.

AndyS2992

To some people, that would probably be any common attractions to Disneyland and WDW. To those people, WDW is the red-headed stepchild to Disneyland. I understand that Disneyland is the original, the park that Walt built and spent alot of time at, but WDW doesn't get the respect it deserves from Disneyland fans, IMO. I've never been to Disneyland, so I can't say myself which attractions are better, but I bet there are a few people from Southern California who have never been to WDW, claiming that all Disneyland attractions are superior, without having experienced the WDW versions.
This can be amusing since the Disneyland Paris version is often actually the best version.

But to answer the question, none of the rides are sacred. If they can put something bigger and better in that space then I say do it.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

For me: Tea Cups, Dumbo, mountains

There are actually several attractions I think are iconic for WDW, the ones above are just the standouts for me. Sadly, one of the first that came to mind is Snow White's Scary Adventure. This was the first (or one of the very first) rides I went on with my small children years ago and we miss it.

I think the rides people can't imagine not being in the park for their visits depends heavily on the timing of their initial visits. Young children first visiting the park today will probably consider Mine Train integral to Fantasyland. When / if it is ever replaced, they will certainly wonder how Disney thinks removing their sacred ride is a good idea.

When the general public thinks of rides, I imagine they think of those that have been used in countless advertisements since 1955 and are well-linked in people's minds with Disney Parks. How many millions of people saw scenes of Dumbo and Tea Cups when watching the opening credits of the old weekly World of Disney anthology TV show? I expect that if those rides were removed, even first time visitors would come to the parks and say, "Hey, where is Dumbo?"

Disneyrailfan1996

Sacred attractions? I have quite a few, and to avoid making a very long post, I’ll separate them into different posts, each one being for a certain park.
Starting with animal kingdom:
Wildlife Express
now this one is a maybe. I mean Walt loved trains, but this train was built more of a means of transportation between Rafiki’s planet watch and Africa so it’s not clear whether or not the connection to Walt’s passion is present (I think it is!) and if you remove Planet Watch from AK, the train might fall out of place. So I guess I’m only calling it sacred because it’s a train and I’m a railfan.​
Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama
So this might be a little out of place, yes, but it’s a good representation of roadside attractions from yesteryear. It’s also a good family-friendly area when you think about it.​
Expedition Everest
This one is a great thrill ride, so if you take it out, there won’t be as many exciting attractions in AK.​

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom