What Attraction Merchandise Would you like to see more of?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
With every good ride comes to an end there comes the moment where you want a piece of it to wear or have a keepsake of...Now a days many of these attraction gift shops have gone the way of putting IP related to Said store (How NBC has a dedicated section in the ToT gift shop is beyond me). But, since dedicated attraction merch is harder to come by for these stores, what attraction merch would you like to see more of filling these stores instead of standard WDW characters shirts? I would love to see way more merch for these attractions again as follows...
  • Expedition Everest (the 2006 shirts were friggin amazing)
  • Dinosaur (I'm probably the only one who wants a Dino Institute shirt)
  • Journey Into Imagination (for obvious reasons)
  • Muppetvision 3D (dedicated store with absolutely nothing for the attraction...And isn’t open :banghead: )
  • Mission Space (some ISTC merch would be nice instead of just a bunch of Star Wars in the store)
  • Test Track (souvenirs for the ride....NOT the car brand..Yes, they are the sponser but more unique Disney-esque merch).
  • Space Mountain (No questions asked..Point out one right now with Tron merch everywhere!)
  • Country Bear jamboree (It still has a following for many..At least TDL gives it merchandise)

Inspired Figment

Journey Into Imagination (Dreamfinder ‘and’ Figment together specifically and scenes from the original ride/pavilion), Carousel of Progress, and Country Bear Jamboree for sure. Any attraction that hasn’t had any specific merch made for it in a while (if not, ever) needs it. People want souvineers/momentos from the attractions they remember/experience, period.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

All the smaller, older attractions…
CoP, CBJ, PM, TSI…TWDC doesn’t want to spend the $$$ to make shirts?
Let’s do it OLD SCHOOL…
A good, old fashioned T-Shirt store…iron ons using the old decals that were “pressed” on the shirts…they would look awesome!!!

Inspired Figment

My oldest daughter loves Piglet and other than some plush, there’s really nothing available without Pooh included…she always wanted more solo Piglet.
Truth be told, with the recent anniversary of Piglet’s Big Movie, I’m surprised there isn’t more merch. Then again, that’s been a bit of an issue with Pooh for a while now I’ve noticed. Especially for the men’s t-shirt/attire market, despite their owner, Christopher Robin being a boy. Before you used to find Pooh & Friends shirts and the like in a men’s/unisex fit no problem.. sadly not anymore. That really should change.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Always been a big Winnie the Pooh fan, despite The Many Adventures attraction being lackluster and not a good replacement for Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride IMO. If only they’d used it as an expansion rather than as a replacement. (Think possibly Pooh on one track, Mr. Toad on the other, or better yet, Pooh in a different space in Fantasyland altogether) I always think of how DL was able to utilize space in their Fantasyland ride show buildings. Shame that isn’t also implemented at WDW.) Same can be said for Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh replacing the Country Bear Jamboree at Disneyland… should’ve just put a Pooh show in one theater and left Country Bears in the other, but yeah, anyway. Agree with you 100% on merch.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Always up for a good attraction designed shirt. A nice ball cap with a good logo themed for the attraction. Some nice pins that feature characters and some feature connected to the ride. And some character stuffed animals outside of the same old fab 5 characters we see in the gift shops. I mean the more unique ones guests love and miss. Mugs and drinking glasses featuring characters. ( I just found a nice Robin Hood tumbler at Books a Million …. Now why can I find one there and nothing that character related at Disney? ) Ride vehicle , poster art, trading cards… so much Dis is missing out on bringing in money on.

Last edited:

Musical Mermaid

Country Bear Jamboree- I'd love to see ornaments of the bears. I know they made an ornament of the building, but those characters would sell so much better than the building. My young niece loves this attraction, but they don't make plushes, toy sets, Legos, or much for children, other than some pins and the pressed pennies.

Spaceship Earth- Really shocked there isn't more available for this one. My sister collects coins and there is currently no pressed penny or medallions for this.

Speaking of pressed pennies, there should be more representation of characters. Where are Scrooge McDuck, Rescuers, Aristocats, Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Mr. Toad? Flynn Rider and Pascal aren't on any despite Tangled being a success. It'd also be great to see more attraction pennies too: Swiss Family Treehouse, Enchanted Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, it's a small world, People Mover, Gran Fiesta Tour, Prince Charming's Carousel, etc.

Muppets- They need more overall, and the store across from the attraction needs to be reopened.

Pepper's Ghost

With every good ride comes to an end there comes the moment where you want a piece of it to wear or have a keepsake of...Now a days many of these attraction gift shops have gone the way of putting IP related to Said store (How NBC has a dedicated section in the ToT gift shop is beyond me). But, since dedicated attraction merch is harder to come by for these stores, what attraction merch would you like to see more of filling these stores instead of standard WDW characters shirts? I would love to see way more merch for these attractions again as follows...
  • Expedition Everest (the 2006 shirts were friggin amazing)
  • Dinosaur (I'm probably the only one who wants a Dino Institute shirt)
  • Journey Into Imagination (for obvious reasons)
  • Muppetvision 3D (dedicated store with absolutely nothing for the attraction...And isn’t open :banghead: )
  • Mission Space (some ISTC merch would be nice instead of just a bunch of Star Wars in the store)
  • Test Track (souvenirs for the ride....NOT the car brand..Yes, they are the sponser but more unique Disney-esque merch).
  • Space Mountain (No questions asked..Point out one right now with Tron merch everywhere!)
  • Country Bear jamboree (It still has a following for many..At least TDL gives it merchandise)
I agree with most of these, especially EE, Dino, Muppets, Mission Space, Old Test Track (not Tron Test Track), and Space Mountain. I wish they'd open a new store in the park that did retro-tees, etc. Stuff like ExtraTERRORstrial Alien Encounter, Soarin'oC, Horizons, Backlot Tour, GMR, and Splash. To your list I'll add the TTA Peoplemover. It's been a long while since I've been back to the parks, but I don't recall a good store for SE either. I'd also love to see more HM of course. I know leading up to Halloween they regularly release a bunch of new HM stuff, but I wish they'd do much better with clothing.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Some of these shirts that they base around attractions lately are pitiful like having the Dumbo elephant with a ridiculous quote like "life has it's ups and downs" or showing the teacups with
"my world is spinning!"
tumblr_n70ww45TvN1s46koto5_250.gif

The point is...Those are the kind of shirts that can take a quick jump to the character warehouse for $5.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom