What attraction is best associated with Disney to outsiders?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I know that if we as WDW veterans were to decide then it would probably be the likes of Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc. However, someone who hasn't been to Disney has no clue about Haunted Mansion and probably thinks its just another haunted house. Because of the movies I some might be more familiar with Pirates but how many would even know that the ride inspired the movie? Splash? Space? Well I suppose an outside has heard about Space Mountain before but isn't familiar with it.

But for an outsider, what ride is best associated with Disney?

Dumbo?

Tom Morrow

Because of Disney's complete lack of competent marketing, its like, Dumbo, Teacups, and Its a Small World. (With characters bombarding you with hugs everywhere you go.)

Because, you know, those rides just make people want to rush out and spend several thousand dollars to ride.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I want to say I see Splash Mountain once in a While, Maybe even Thunder Mountain. I used to see Spectromagic on the comercials since the light parade is a signature thing.

majorrfb

I really don't think its a ride that outsiders associate with WDW. I believe its the iconic Cinderella's Castle. In advertising, the castle becomes part of the
Disney logo.

Sans Souci

it's a small world.

I have seen so many references to it over the years in The Golden Girls", "Family Guy", "South Park" for starters.

JIMINYCR

When I am in conversation with people who have never been to Disney, the first thing they mention on their list of things to see or do is The Castle, followed immediately by The Monorail. Usually the first rides mentioned are Its a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and they say The mountain coaster ride ( not naming which one, they just know theres one). I agree Disney doesn't highlight much on their TV ads but thats why they get people to send for their vacation DVD's which goes into depth what is available.

RonAnnArbor

I will second that there isn't a single ride that is associated with Disney for non-disney folks....

It's the Castle -- that is why they use that as their advertising symbol, their marketing symbol, their movie symbol...

Back in the day, when Disney was new to the universe, people knew what they had seen on tv....that was the castle, Pirates, Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Teacups, it's a small world, pirates...

Haunted Mansion didn't even exist yet, neither did Space Mountain....there is a whole generation out there growing up right now that doesn't know that neither of them were open "in the old days"...they seem like they must have been there forever.

bethymouse

Pirates!

I would have to say Pirates of the Caribbean, especially w/ the addition of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow!:cool:
Toy Story Mania! is well known due to the success of Toy Story 1-3!:)
Of course the iconic castle and the monorail!:):D Include the "big golf ball" AKA Spaceship Earth @ EPCOT- although I'm not sure everyone realizes there is a ride inside.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom