what attraction deserve's it's own movie? hmm..

napnet

None... look at Haunted Mansion...

I do hear that they are making a 'Jungle Cruise' movie... the ride was actually based of the 'African Queen'.

hokielutz

I think that this rumor is not true and may have come from an interview with the writers of POTC 2. This interview was really awesome and it gets indepth with Terry and Ted about their approach, inspiration, and discussions while screenwriting the final two Pirates movies.

Here is snippet of the interview that discusses the Jungle Cruise from the below article:

>>>>>>
Box Office Mojo: Are you writing The Jungle Cruise movie?
Terry Rossio:[laughs] No.
Ted Elliott:[laughs] No—although that movie was already made. It's called Congo. Congo is The Jungle Cruise. If you watch it, even the hippos are there.
Terry Rossio: There's nothing about doing The Jungle Cruise as a movie that's inherently restrictive to making a great film. You could end up with The African Queen
Ted Elliott:If the Jungle Cruise [attraction] hadn't already started with The African Queen. All I know is that they put the guns back into the ride. I personally thanked Disney for that.
<<<<<<<

Here is the link to the article.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/features/?id=2110&p=.htm

At least we know that they are not writing a script for the Jungle Cruise.

Tim G

napnet said:
None... look at Haunted Mansion...

I do hear that they are making a 'Jungle Cruise' movie... the ride was actually based of the 'African Queen'.
Jungle cruise is already BASED on a movie...
So please... not the other way around...

Oops... you beat me to it...

T-1MILLION

The jungle cruise is in the works as of right now... It is LOOSELY based off of the "Afican Queen" (pretty much just the boats)but if that would stop them and was true they would not have made Pirates...since Potc were based off of a mix of the First full lenth disney live action classic.....Treasure Island, and many other 1940 Swashbucklers. The thing I have heard is pirates was never meant to be based off of the attracions. It was originally just called "the curse of the black pearl" by the script writers, but since Bruckheimer was producing it, and he has had ties with ABC and many hit shows, he wondered if he could take it to Disney. They then added the title of Potc and worked some sight gags from the ride into their own story. I do not think that is true, but it seems possible. Due to the fact the reason the Haunted Mansion movie failed, was because it tried to have its own story and base it strictly off of things and characters from the ride rather than have new ones and just toss some famous scenes in like pirates have done. So that rumor makes sense to some degree to me.

:wave:

I just hope no other attractions get made into movies.

I could see Space Mountain being a movie, but it would have to be a classical movie including the likes of jules verne trying to find a way to travel to the moon..........I'll get my coat :(

SGT623

I'd like to see a good Tower of Terror movie...not that made for TV crap...A better Mansion movie...maybe after the WDW version exterior with a different story or the whole Phantom manor deal, but after that...I can't think of anything...OH a cool Everest flick.....maybe....but that's about it.

BTW The jungle Cruise movie has been in talks for at least 2 or 3 years, not just on that red carpet interview. I've also had it's stock on www.hsx.com for some time. If done right, it could be a great flick...but that can be said for just about anything.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Original Poster
SGT623 said:
I'd like to see a good Tower of Terror movie...not that made for TV crap...A better Mansion movie...maybe after the WDW version exterior with a different story or the whole Phantom manor deal, but after that...I can't think of anything...OH a cool Everest flick.....maybe....but that's about it.

BTW The jungle Cruise movie has been in talks for at least 2 or 3 years, not just on that red carpet interview. I've also had it's stock on www.hsx.com for some time. If done right, it could be a great flick...but that can be said for just about anything.

yeah, that Tower of terror sucked, and would be a cool real movie, same with everest, and that Space Mt. Idea, might end up being Timekepper

T-1MILLION

Tower of terror was ...ok. Not great but it was the testing ground for every movie based off of a Disney attraction after that. So we may not have pirates if it was not for that. Hey, I thought the ToT movie was better than the haunted mansion. Ha. If you want bad, remember Country Bears? AHHHH! I think that the whole witch craft idea from a jelous sister was kind of dumb though and did not work well with the rest of the theme. ToT is based off of the idea of the Twilght Zone. I think that there should be no more movies based off of the park attractions, but I guess that is not going to happen.:wave:

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Original Poster
T-1MILLION said:
Tower of terror was ...ok. Not great but it was the testing ground for every movie based off of a Disney attraction after that. So we may not have pirates if it was not for that. Hey, I thought the ToT movie was better than the haunted mansion. Ha. If you want bad, remember Country Bears? AHHHH! I think that the whole witch craft idea from a jelous sister was kind of dumb though and did not work well with the rest of the theme. ToT is based off of the idea of the Twilght Zone. I think that there should be no more movies based off of the park attractions, but I guess that is not going to happen.:wave:
ahhhhhh.... i just remembed about the country bears:cry: i was in coma, for 3 weeks after seeing that

Scar Junior

ToT was actually a decent movie. Especially considering it was made for TV. If they were to release it as a blockbuster/summer or Holiday film I think it would fare well. Keep in mind PotC fared "well" at the box office as far as economincs goes. I also think Everest could be a good film as well. BTMRR intrigues me as well, but I am undecided on this.

There have been two real problems: casting and cost of production. I was impressed with the ToT film's production cost and aesthetic look. However, Jeff Gutenberg will not cut it. The other actors did well, except the love interest of Gutenberg/ singer ghost. Eddie Murphy will not put enough butts in the seats. And few liked the Country Bears.

My beef with the cost of production is obvious in how "cheap" the films have looked. Thus, Disney must go all-out as they have with the two PotC movies if they select another attraction to be turned into a ride.

The marketing and promotions have had modest budgets as well. They are now realizing the potential excellence a film can accomplish with aggressive casting, financing and promotion.

jdlilfan

They should do a Monorail movie and make it like Cars. If the movie did good they should take the $ and put it towards expansion....haha

pinjim

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: The Jungle Cruise ... a Comedy and bring on Robin Williams ... PLEASE!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

nsu_demon_05

magicfan said:
It's a Small World

:lookaroun

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the ride was bad enough...but a full feature length...gawsh i hope u were kidding...i find myself walking on campus and that song pops in my head...i think that ride is like a mind warper...hey...it could be horror...once u go on....you'll never be the same!!!!!! lol im kidding people! hmm...i think Everst would be good if the didn't try to make it "wussy" if u catch my drift. I do know a movie that needs a ride/show...and thats good ole Mary Poppins...its like the poor thing was just left floatin in her lil cloud...i grew up on that movie and it would be a really kool theater type show...gah once u stop writing one of these its hard to stop let me hush it :dazzle: ..im new..forgive me

darrin

I agree with "none." It works for PotC, not great for HM (just my opinion)...
so they do a JC film...then maybe an EE film...how 'bout a film based around the pangani forest exploration trail or...nevermind. it could get that rediculous. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom