what attraction deserve's it's own movie? hmm..

sarahwiggles99

did anyone see the skit on the show "The Soup" on E! about this. there was a skit about the next Walt Disney movie using a ride and they used the tea cup ride. i wasnt the funniest skit but it was interesting to see how horrible they movie would be if it was based on that ride :rolleyes::lol:

...or maybe it was just the actors :lookaroun

tinkish

sarahwiggles99 said:
did anyone see the skit on the show "The Soup" on E! about this. there was a skit about the next Walt Disney movie using a ride and they used the tea cup ride. i wasnt the funniest skit but it was interesting to see how horrible they movie would be if it was based on that ride :rolleyes::lol:

I saw that! And the first thing I said was, "Hey, the tea cup ride is already based on a movie!" But then I actually heard what I was saying and stopped.

T-1MILLION

Scar Junior said:
Jeff Gutenberg will not cut it. The other actors did well, except the love casting, financing and promotion.

Steve guttnberg. I can understand you making that mistake with all of the talk of Jeffory rush.

That was the last thing he did and he vanished off of the face of the earth..a ToT type story in itself.:lol: :lol:

Many rumors for the JC movie indecated that Brended Fraser was a strong possiblity.

It would have to be an adventure/comedy similar to the pace of pirates for sure.

GAH and Bleh to the whole thing. ha

:wave:

Scar Junior

T-1MILLION said:
Steve guttnberg. I can understand you making that mistake with all of the talk of Jeffory rush.

That was the last thing he did and he vanished off of the face of the earth..a ToT type story in itself.:lol: :lol:

Many rumors for the JC movie indecated that Brended Fraser was a strong possiblity.

It would have to be an adventure/comedy similar to the pace of pirates for sure.

GAH and Bleh to the whole thing. ha

I'm not following you at all? What does Geoffrey Rush have to do with Steve Guttenberg?

Also, Brendan Frasier would be a terrible casting decision.

SpenceMan01

hayzer11 said:
ahhhhhh.... i just remembed about the country bears:cry: i was in coma, for 3 weeks after seeing that

I didn't think it was all that bad. It was a cute story and the bears' costuming was awesome. I really liked the features on the DVD that made them out to be a real band (ala Behind the Music).

I think Everest would make a good movie. I wouldn't mind a movie based off of the original Journey into Imagination either.

T-1MILLION

Scar Junior said:
I'm not following you at all? What does Geoffrey Rush have to do with Steve Guttenberg?

Also, Brendan Frasier would be a terrible casting decision.

Scratch that completely. For some reason I always want to think it is Jeffory Rush. Do not ask. Ha. You said Jeff guttonberg hence the weird connection my unstable mind made. Apologies. That proves that it is time for me to get some rest.

hammysammy59

It really is a shame that the Haunted Mansion movie sucked so much dong. That ride deserved at least as good of treatment as Pirates of the Caribbean. Probably not room for sequels (unless the sequels revolove around different people going on different adventures inside the mansion... maybe) but still...

And while I wouldn't exactly have rushed out to see Country Bears even if it WAS good, it's still unfortunate that they put such a retarded spin on a classic attraction for the movie. Why was it not animated?

Personally, I like that some of the rides have no ties to any movies or other media, it makes them something TOTALLY unique to WDW. However, if they ARE going to make movies based on rides, the least they can do is make them good, if not great movies.

Having said all that, I think you could make a wacky wild west adventure movie whose grand finale takes place on an out of control mining train through Big Thunder Mountain. Expedition Everest and Jungle Cruise are good suggestions too. But I'd rather all of Disney's classic rides stay tributes to classic flim genres rather actual films... unless they turn out as good as the POTC movies (not likely).

T-1MILLION

skellington216 said:
I think it would be great to see a movie with the characters from splash mountain... oh wait.... there already is.

IGER pssss That is your cue to realease it on DVD with all new special features....nah I would just be happy with the regular movie on dvd!

Come on! :(

T-1MILLION

hammysammy59 said:
It really is a shame that the Haunted Mansion movie sucked so much dong. That ride deserved at least as good of treatment as Pirates of the Caribbean. Probably not room for sequels (unless the sequels revolove around different people going on different adventures inside the mansion... maybe) but still...

And while I wouldn't exactly have rushed out to see Country Bears even if it WAS good, it's still unfortunate that they put such a retarded spin on a classic attraction for the movie. Why was it not animated?

Personally, I like that some of the rides have no ties to any movies or other media, it makes them something TOTALLY unique to WDW. However, if they ARE going to make movies based on rides, the least they can do is make them good, if not great movies.

Having said all that, I think you could make a wacky wild west adventure movie whose grand finale takes place on an out of control mining train through Big Thunder Mountain. Expedition Everest and Jungle Cruise are good suggestions too. But I'd rather all of Disney's classic rides stay tributes to classic flim genres rather actual films... unless they turn out as good as the POTC movies (not likely).

You made some really good points. That is why I am mostly against all of these attractions being based off of movies. after a movie is made off of them. For a few reasons. Remember that feeling where you knew the only place in the world to ride it was at a Disney theme park? You could really miss that originality it had. Then you have that factor that if the movie does not do well chances area people (a small amount but still I have heard it) will walk by the Jungle cruise and say "aww man I am not gonna even wait 10 min for that the movie sucked!" I have heard similar comments to that around the Haunted Mansion.

My point is I just kind of think it is sad that it takes a GREAT movie or even a movie in general to bring back some magic and just make the ride run at a "good show" standard and not be falling apart. To me it is anyway.

I think if they just spruced up the classics with new enchancements like pirates minus the movie tie ins....The rides and attractions can and should speak for themselves and will be remembered by everyone who visits a Disney theme park.

That is just my little take on the whole thing.

kachow

Space Mountain, to me, is an open canvas for someone to write a movie. Space Mountain seems like it's supposed to be a space station, so you could set any type of sci-fi adventure there.

Vernonpush

How about "The Enchanted Tiki Room:Fritz's Revenge", where the original Tiki Birds overthrow "the new management"? There really aren't many attractions that aren't already based on movies. "Tomorrowland Transit Authority, The Movie"? "The Hall of Presidents" a sci-fi blockbuster about cloning DNA from all those dead presidents? "Maelstrom: Vikings Unleashed"? "The Mystery of Hester & Chester's Dinorama"? (Actually that last one sounds like a Scubby-doo movie....wrong company.)

Edeyore

sarahwiggles99 said:

That was great! The Tea Cups, a horror film my M. Night Shamalan. (sorry about the spelling.) I think a horror film based on IASW, where the animatronics come to life and attack the riders. :lol:

CoffeeJedi

Actually, there WAS a movie planned based on "Small World" back in the late 60's. Jim Hill had some concept art in one of his "why for" columns. The basic idea was a summit of world leaders was being held, and they all brought their families. Somewhere along the line, all the kids get kidnapped and the various diplomats have to put aside their differences to rescue them (which of course, in true Disney fashion, is pointless as the kids prove themselves to be more than a match for the badguys).

Also, i wish the idea of the Jungle Cruise being "based on" The African Queen would die. If anything, the ride is a PARODY of that movie. (not to mention that the film was produced by Warner Brothers)

wdizneew

though im for the idea of an everest based movie, i don't think Disney should continue making movies based on its attractions because then the Disney theme parks would turn into Universal Studios' "ride the movies" experience

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Original Poster
Tahu said:
The original Journey Into Imagination would be a cool movie.
yeah! i could see that, also, BTMRR would be a cool action adventure, as well with Expedition Everest,.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom