What attraction concept are you most disappointed never got built?

FettFan

Why exactly did they never build beastly kingdom? Does anyone know?

Too damn expensive. That's the same reason Kali River Rapids wound up being so lackluster and they replaced the Excavator coaster with the too-cheap-to-even-be-kitsch Chester and Hester's Dinoland.

EDIT -- I wouldn't be surprised if Avatarland is their roundabout way of getting Beastly Kingdom in the park. Let's face it...Avatar really wasn't that great of a movie. Good enough for a ride or something, but not for a whole themed land in a park.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are just using James Cameron to build it....and then when all of the hype dies down, they can easily take it apart and convert it to BK.

AllyInWonderland

Too damn expensive. That's the same reason Kali River Rapids wound up being so lackluster and they replaced the Excavator coaster with the too-cheap-to-even-be-kitsch Chester and Hester's Dinoland.

EDIT -- I wouldn't be surprised if Avatarland is their roundabout way of getting Beastly Kingdom in the park. Let's face it...Avatar really wasn't that great of a movie. Good enough for a ride or something, but not for a whole themed land in a park.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are just using James Cameron to build it....and then when all of the hype dies down, they can easily take it apart and convert it to BK.
That would be amazing!!!! I would be so happy! :)

Pooh Lover

I know this isn't what was asked but I am more disappointed about bad changes to existing good attractions than the rumour of an attraction never panning out.

Thrill

EPCOT, all caps. No, Celebration doesn't count. :D

I was going to say Western River Expedition, but you're right. No contest. In terms of rides, WRE would have been awesome, but EPCOT is just a whole different level. I can't imagine how different the world would be today had it been built.

FettFan

I was going to say Western River Expedition, but you're right. No contest. In terms of rides, WRE would have been awesome, but EPCOT is just a whole different level. I can't imagine how different the world would be today had it been built.

Actually, after everything that has happened this week (heck, everything that's happened over the last 20 years), I'm rather glad that EPCOT and Progress City were never built, because society would find a way to **** it all up somehow.

BigDave

Mt Fuji @ Japan would be amazing. WRE would be nice as well. But I have to say,...would LOVE to see a free standing Trader Sams (I know not an attraction) on the beach of Poly. The one at Disneyland Hotel is awesome!!! Nothing like having a drink and feeling like you are inside the Tiki Room/Jungle Cruise.

Southampton11968

I had an old annual stock holders report brochure and it had concept drawings for several future attractions. The ones I remember the most was a new land at Epcot, Russia. Also the Japan pavilion was to have a buggy ride. That would have been fantastic since Tokyo is one of my favorite places to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom